To Resonate or Not

Mr Gav

Reaction score
Hi all.
Hoping for some advice please.
I am in a dilemma as I have taken my S3 for a stage 3 tune and they have now contacted me after fitting the turbo and intercooler pipes to say I need a different exhaust.
I thought having the standard one decatted was enough so don’t know why they didn’t inform me it wasn’t beforehand.
Anyway, I’m looking at a Milltek resonated (as my mate can get cost prices) to fit the scorpion decatted one I already have on it and wonder if the centre silencer will restrict things too much as I don’t want the increased volume level of a decat and non resonated exhaust or would a sports cat with a non resonated exhaust be the answer?
Any advice would be appreciated.

I've not heard you need a full zorst for stage 3 before.

Stage 3 you would be nuts to run the back box as it will be restrictive I'm turbo back scorpion with de cat non rez non valved stage 2 and it's asbo loud at 3 k revs it shakes interior and forget talking to anyone beside you I have b and o sound system and up full you still feel/hear it lol I'm going to add the rez section in

Yes I understand the smaller standard pipe and more restrictive back box would cause a problem but how much more restrictive would a Milltek middle resonated box be?
I have had a valved non resonated Milltek cat back system connected to existing scorpion down pipe de cat and yes it’s loud but not shake your dentures out loud but I will be aware of going home late and leaving early as I don’t want the neighbours running for the air raid shelters!!!
Will still be quieter than my CR500 I suppose and I haven’t ****** them off with that for a while so I’ve got some credit.

You should be fine with a miltek resonator fitted tbh as whose system will then be 3"