Todays Fun

RYuill

Reaction score
Just thought I would share some vids/photos from today at Crail raceway.

Reactions: tigger8888, S3orge, AndyB-S3 and 7 others
Good man :) Do you know if the R was s-tronic or manual????

Go and post those on the Golf R forums..lol :D

Edit* lol didn't see the 'is my brothers' post :)

c7efc73df502ea7b0c164b03ebdd6d15.jpg

c9b5d311435b71d79d20906ec833b9a5.jpg

My brothers times.

e9fbd3a5da374d06404704a18bebb857.jpg

7R coming in March, and was unsure to get a DTUK box or not. Have one on the current GTD. The difference didnt appear to be as big as i thought it might have which is a tad depressing

Would have liked to see what the VXR Astra did. I work for GM but I'm buying Audi! Each time I see the Astra VXR I recall this and can't help but smile and know I did the right thing becoming a traitor :D http://www.whatcar.com/Advice/Depre...09&edition2=40251&edition3=42781&remove=44009

A lad in work bought a VXR on a 63 plate, he added a few options and it came to the same as what my S3 cost! When he found that out his face said it all :p Works discount off a VXR = 11%. S3 discount 10.3%...no brainer!!! ;)

Reactions: RYuill
Ricky,

Drop me a pm as we've been working on some revised software which is currently in beta phase.

No RR daya yet, but the power now comes in a lot earlier and stronger.

7R coming in March, and was unsure to get a DTUK box or not. Have one on the current GTD. The difference didnt appear to be as big as i thought it might have which is a tad depressing

Mk6 GTD?? I'm looking at a DTUK box for the MK7 GTD, interested to hear you not that impressed.

Back on topic.... Was the runs in your S3 better due the box or driver or both?

Got to say, I love the Golf R

....Just waiting for bad comments heading my way :flush:

Oh man!! Wish I had known it was on I would have popped down!
I had a look at the website last week as well but it wasn't showing anything... Grrrr.... looked at good day though, and you can't beat thrashing your bro and a Golf R ;)
Even if you did have a slight advantage lol

Might take a wander down on the 1st March, you planning on being there?

I'm offshore tomorrow until the 3rd

I will be going once I'm back, and hopefully have my DTUK back.

Ahhh... bummer!!
We should arrange a meet down there when you're back, get a few of the Scottish lot down and see how similar "identical" cars are lol

Yea that's a good idea. There were a couple of S3 8v's there. One Misanno red manual and a monsoon Gray S-tronic. The red one has some nice RS style oval pipes on it from Pipe dynamics.

I would like to compare with someone else with a dtuk box or even the Revo map.

I would be up for a meet. I reckon me and my manual box would kick ***.................against a corsa or similar.......:racer:

:idea: Might just have to buy a DTUK box too....:D

I've got a DTUK box sitting in the garage, just trying to decide if I want to fit it or not :confused:

Would be interesting to do a few runs with and without, but not sure if it'd be representative as the car would probably need a bit of a drive to settle?!?!

I dunno....

You can definitely feel the difference especially over 3k revs or on launch. I wouldn't like to go with out mine now, you can always adjust your map to suit your driving needs

Does the box throw up any flags or errors at all?.. I know this has been mentioned before but i CBA searching.. lol

No nothing at all, even with a VCDS scan.

Reactions: AndyB-S3
I would be up for a meet. I reckon me and my manual box would kick ***.................against a corsa or similar.......:racer:

:idea: Might just have to buy a DTUK box too....:D

Im selling my DTUK box, pm if you're interested!

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Mk6 GTD?? I'm looking at a DTUK box for the MK7 GTD, interested to hear you not that impressed.

Back on topic.... Was the runs in your S3 better due the box or driver or both?

Sorry my message wasn't overly clear. I have the mk7 gtd, had it just over a year. Fancied more speed hence the 7r coming shortly. I bought the DTUK crd2 I think it is with much scepticism. However, what a ****** difference. It pulls phenomenally well in 2nd and 3rd. Not that I condone racing, but had a few civic type rs in my mirror. Obviously standard spec, a mapped type r would smash me. Must have. 240bhp is what DTUK claims. Bought the pedal box and love it. Bit like marmite though. This alongside the DTUK box is a gem.

What I meant in my original post was that I thought the s3 with DTUK box would have smashed the r but it wasn't that big a gap that I thought it might have been. I believe there is now a revised map with more power in rev range and gears. So sure it will pull remarkably harder in 2nd and 3rd

Sorry my message wasn't overly clear. I have the mk7 gtd, had it just over a year. Fancied more speed hence the 7r coming shortly. I bought the DTUK crd2 I think it is with much scepticism. However, what a ****** difference. It pulls phenomenally well in 2nd and 3rd. Not that I condone racing, but had a few civic type rs in my mirror. Obviously standard spec, a mapped type r would smash me. Must have. 240bhp is what DTUK claims. Bought the pedal box and love it. Bit like marmite though. This alongside the DTUK box is a gem.

What I meant in my original post was that I thought the s3 with DTUK box would have smashed the r but it wasn't that big a gap that I thought it might have been. I believe there is now a revised map with more power in rev range and gears. So sure it will pull remarkably harder in 2nd and 3rd

Cool cheers yeah I'm loving the GTD but wished like you are now doing , was to secure an R when I was buying I couldn't in the time scale so a GTD it was.... My previous two cars were a mapped E61 535d and an E70 X5 35d... The wife now runs the baby mobile C7 A6 S-line Ultra and I want more power in the Golf. Mainly just for the motorway, I am used to 340bhp and 700nm so 184bhp and 380nm if feeling a bit low.

I'm gong to be changing in just over a year so just want to be sure £500 for the DTUK box and pedal box are worth it.

Question, can the 2 boxes be reprogrammed for a different car? (Used BiTDI allroad or A8 4.2 TDI are on 2016 wish list for example....)

Cool cheers yeah I'm loving the GTD but wished like you are now doing , was to secure an R when I was buying I couldn't in the time scale so a GTD it was.... My previous two cars were a mapped E61 535d and an E70 X5 35d... The wife now runs the baby mobile C7 A6 S-line Ultra and I want more power in the Golf. Mainly just for the motorway, I am used to 340bhp and 700nm so 184bhp and 380nm if feeling a bit low.

I'm gong to be changing in just over a year so just want to be sure £500 for the DTUK box and pedal box are worth it.

Question, can the 2 boxes be reprogrammed for a different car? (Used BiTDI allroad or A8 4.2 TDI are on 2016 wish list for example....)

I believe they can, providing the engines are of a similar age. Obviously wont work on a car at circa 4/5 years old. Best to drop DTUK an e-mail and ask the question. But coming from a car at 340bhp to 184 is and will clearly be a tad under whelming. But trust me, 240bhp with the torque is brilliant. Used to love sitting in 3rd at 3,000 revs and booting it

The market for these boxes are always very popular. They will always be worth something to someone. I sold my box in a week, and bought a pedal box within 5 mins of being advertised. With the best part of £80.00 off the box its pretty good value for money considering you can be 95% it wont balls up your warranty. Few people have installed these and checked via VCDS and no issues were reported.

Reactions: GTDezza