TODAYS THE DAY!!!

Herby1

VAG All the way
Reaction score
Morning peeps,

Todays the day i take the s3 wheels to lepsons!

now i have decided to get them refurbed in metalic gloss black, so please can i have some opinions on this, as i need to build myself up for it. lol

the tyres that are going on the wheels are, continental contact 2 sports profile 40!

so please try and imagine what they will look like on my silver a3 which has been lowered all round its about 15cm from the tyre.... all round, so try to imagine and let me know what you all think.

cheers

chris

you reckon? that would look quit nice actualy! cheers for the tip ( if it was) lol haha

will you post pics of the wheels when its done...i've been thinking about doing it as well....

yes course i will, hopefully i will have them back on friday, and the car is getting mopped on sunday, so pics will follow on sunday.

regards

chris

anymore opinions?

Oh sorry I thought you had a black roof! :faint:

Opps my bad.

oh hahahaha lol,

yeah the next stage will be blacking the outer chrome on my grill but not the badge!

need mor eopinions on wheels though!!!!!!! lol

Think its DOCURLEY with the black roof. Gotta admit i do like it and have been thinking about doing it too!:unsure:

Sorry Herby1, I am sure they will look good! I believe Dave B & ChriS3 have both done the matt black on the RS4 wheel, which looks good!

sorry forgot ask if it's the std alloys you are having done ?

yes mate, std s3 allo wheels 17" ronals!!!

Jampublic said:
Oh sorry I thought you had a black roof! :faint:

Opps my bad.

Yup you're thinking of the doc :laugh:

One thing i will say is you would not believe how quickly gloss black wheels get dirty.

Jampublic said:
Sorry Herby1, I am sure they will look good! I believe Dave B & ChriS3 have both done the matt black on the RS4 wheel, which looks good!

thans ok matey, thanks for all your other opinions aswell, much appreciated. just trying to get more positive opinions so i dont feel as if i am throwing my money dowbn the pan! they need refurbishing anyway but dont want to splash out all that moen yand get the same ****** colour. lol

so the more opinions the better.

cheers

chris

Randomjim said:

One thing i will say is you would not believe how quickly gloss black wheels get dirty.

i had a feeling someone was going to say that. lol well i better keep em clean then ay!!!!! lol

Randomjim said:

So just clean the silver bits!;)

If I am too lazy to wash the car, I do the next best thing and just clean the wheels and mirrors! ;)

Well your not wrong, but somethings you should not admitt to! ;)

Cleaning your tailpipe I think maybe one of them!

I find if it starts turning a little black, Wonder Wheels cleans it up perfectly! :)

wheels have gone in now to lepsons! so i will pick up them up on friday afternoon, cant wait, pics will follow on sunday, god i am so nervous, hope they will look ok!

yep decided to go with that!!!!!! hope its gonna look ok!

IMO, Black wheels look good when they're clean but they're difficult to keep that way. Plus you need to keep the tyre sidewalls black and shiney otherwise it seems to make the wheels look smaller.

yeah i know mate, i will have to keep em clean :)

yes mate all done, just need to get a frw pics now :)

Herby1 said:
yes mate all done, just need to get a frw pics now :)

cant wait to see the pics....:icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

sorry mate still waiting to find some good weather and when i am not busy at work!

wont be long mate i promise!

Well there's sun out today Herby1, go get some pic's! :asskicking:

hahahaha ok i will get some pics today! god you audi people! :) :)

Herby1 come on pull your finger out! Get those photo's taken and posted, you've been warned already! ;)

it has been raining, lol what do you want me to do huh? lol.

look i promise this weekend their will be some pics of my car up.

hang in their my man. lol