Todays the day..

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I get my S3 back from the bodyshop!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

It's been 3 weeks since it's been in and the Focus C-Max experience is just starting to get to me, but now for no longer!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Went into the bodyshop on the tuesday to see how they were getting on...and she looked lovely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif, good colour match and just needed a good buffing to get the paintwork up to scratch.

I can't wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Anyways, one question at the rear roof of the S3 where the spoiler is. Is the spoiler flush to the roof or is it slightly raised? I can't remember if it was or wasn't. If anyone has a spare mo to check theirs I would be grateful.

Cheers all

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

trust me mate look at the paint work properly, study it for as long as possible and look for any imperfections.

When you pick it up all you will be thinking of is how nice it looks etc, don't make the mistake of accepting it until you have looked over it properly when you get home.

I done this and noticed loads of little niggles in certain lights. Shade and the sun and also reflections can help dig out bad paintwork. Just have a proper look over it before leaving it too long to go back and complain.

In the end i had mine done twice till i was totally happy and in my eyes perfect.

Cheers for that I will.

STILL WAITING THOUGH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

BE patient.

When i complained the Bodyshop manager said to me that in a whole year he will only ever come across 3 to 4 people who are as critical as me and know exaclty what to look for. Trust me they had there work cut out to make it right and please me.

I was also paying out of my own pocket 1600 quid to get it repaired to a factory finish.

At the moment i'm not satisfied with the finsh on the front wing. It seems quite dull and the side moulding has had a few little white spots appear. This is still not acceptalbe even after 8 months or so and seeing as they are Audi Approved and the paint stil has a 10 yr warranty i want it sorted out.

Hope you get it back soon