Oliver sharp

Reaction score
audi a3 8p 2.0 tdi
so ive just put new tyres on my car and went to have them tracked and there is some big issues.
all 4 wheels toe out
front left 4mm out
front right 2mm out
rear left 2mm out
rear right 10.5mm out
forgive my complete stupidness but I don't know about cars at all so bare with me
they showed me uneath and they was trying to adjust a bolt and washer connected which was connect to a beam which attaches to the wheel, cross beam or cross member I think its called.
they said it was on its max, they couldnt extrend the beam as the washer was on its max. so can anyone help me with suggestions to why I cant extrend it any more? assuming something has been incorrectly installed or damaged previously, there is no visable damage to anything, any help would be greatly appreciated

Have you had the car from new, or do you know the full history of the car? Has it been in any accidents that your aware of?

There is an explanation of Toe out here, including what it causes.

If your car is outside of adjustable limits, then a visit to a car repair shop who will have the tools to measure the car geometry may be your best route.

I have not had it from new, but there has been no recorded accidents and is not a catagory but I'm assuming something has happened for it to be out by so much.

Toe in or out is measured in degrees and minute not mm. Are you sure the technicians know what they are doing? Other causes can be worn bushes or collapsed coils/springs will put values out. Also if the front subframe has been removed from the car as a necessary part of a procedure and not realigned correctly this can also put values off of were they should be. Not too sure how this helps you though and what your next course of action would be.