Tomorrow!!

RyyC

Reaction score
Ordering my s3 sportback tomorrow. After changing my mind a million times finally settled on a spec

S3 sportback
Ibis white
Lunatic silver interior
S tronic
Bang and olufsen
Comfort pack
Black roof rails

Then going to get the rs grill from xenonz!

Pretty basic but got a good deal and it's everything i need for the tearaway that i am!

What do you all think to the spec? Anything vital that should be on there?

The wait begins...

Reactions: Simon L, A3_Rider, SW14NY'S and 1 other person
Interior Light Pack is a must!

Good to see someone else with roof rails - makes it look sportier IMO.

Reactions: RyyC, batch and rvtb101
Privacy Glass to create a really nice contrasting look with your white paintwork.

If it's a question of money ditch the B&O for the Audi Sound as you'll spend more time listening to the engine noise than your tunes anyway!

Looks a great spec, I'd agree with the ILP as goes very nicely with the B&O speaker lights.

G

Going to get it tinted, tight budget and there's some very reputable wrapping and tinting companies around me which will do it miles cheaper.

Definitely not ditching b and o as i love my music and im just as excited for my speakers than my car!

Was considering lighting pack, seems to be a hype over it so must be good, will see if he will 'throw it in'...

Yay....the first white with Lunar interior configuration I've seen look forward to see yer pics when you get it

Yay....the first white with Lunar interior configuration I've seen look forward to see yer pics when you get it
Yep, why not!

I wonder how long it will stay white...

Yep, why not!

I wonder how long it will stay white...
I originally went Brilliant Black...was going to change to white but decided to go Panther instead...with lunar of course

Oh and.....not for long...lol

Last edited:
I originally went Brilliant Black...was going to change to white but decided to go Panther instead...with lunar of course

Oh and.....not for long...lol
Love panther, awesome colour!

How often do you clean your seats? Are they full leather?

And what colour are they now? Nardo grey?:haha:

Glad too see you saw sense and ditched the black. Sounds like a great specced car. How long is the waiting time at the moment?

Glad too see you saw sense and ditched the black. Sounds like a great specced car. How long is the waiting time at the moment?

Yep! I dont want a car that looks like a cob web!

I am respeccing a dealer spot so should be here mid/late march and collection early april apparently! Pretty quick!

Reactions: Scottyg
Love panther, awesome colour!

How often do you clean your seats? Are they full leather?

And what colour are they now? Nardo grey?:haha:
Will need to update this post when I get it...on its way to the dealers at the moment

I've gone for Lunar Alcantara/Leather but getting it treated with GTechiq I1 Smart Fibre so hopefully it will stay clean

Will need to update this post when I get it...on its way to the dealers at the moment

I've gone for Lunar Alcantara/Leather but getting it treated with GTechiq I1 Smart Fibre so hopefully it will stay clean
Jealous, bet you're excited! Im counting the days...

Yeah please let me know how you get on! Not sure if i prefer alcantara or full leather, bet leathers easier to clean??

Jealous, bet you're excited! Im counting the days...

Yeah please let me know how you get on! Not sure if i prefer alcantara or full leather, bet leathers easier to clean??

Yeah I will do....I am kinda looking forward to pickup day

If Audi could put heated seats in the rear then I could be tempted to have the leather

Last edited:
Going to get it tinted, tight budget and there's some very reputable wrapping and tinting companies around me which will do it miles cheaper.

Tints may be cheaper, but after having them fitted to mine I'm not convinced they are as good as factory Privacy Glass.

Personally I think it's worth the extra and might help when it comes to resale.

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Tints may be cheaper, but after having them fitted to mine I'm not convinced they are as good as factory Privacy Glass.

Personally I think it's worth the extra and might help when it comes to resale.
I agree....I was going to go down this route as well because my order got locked and I couldn't add it, but after having a look at some examples showing the silver marks around the Dot-Matrix areas decided to replace the glass instead.

I agree....I was going to go down this route as well because my order got locked and I couldn't add it, but after having a look at some examples showing the silver marks around the Dot-Matrix areas decided to replace the glass instead.
Pushes the budget out too much, this company works on bugattis and aventadors etc so they'll be pretty good in comparison to the back street cowboys! (Sounds like an awful band)

I can't get past the 'halo' effect on tints. My OCD is too chronic to ignore it! For that reason I much prefer privacy glass.

Will throw this out there tho. You can get an aftermarket sound system for cheaper than the B&O and will likely be better....not hating on the B&O, it's more than enough for me, but I've heard aftermarket systems in a B&O car and it was much better and cost less....

Pushes the budget out too much, this company works on bugattis and aventadors etc so they'll be pretty good in comparison to the back street cowboys! (Sounds like an awful band)
Haha....I just managed to scoop the 2 rear door and 2 quarter privacy glass Windows off a new Sportback for £50 just need to get some quotes for the rear window now, at least it will be factory glass

Reactions: RyyC
Haha....I just managed to scoop the 2 rear door and 2 quarter privacy glass Windows off a new Sportback for £50 just need to get some quotes for the rear window now, at least it will be factory glass
Thats a brilliant price. I'm guessing these are second hand from a breakers yard?

Thats a brilliant price. I'm guessing these are second hand from a breakers yard?
A customer took a stock car but wanted normal glass instead of privacy so they changed the glass and auctioned off the privacy glass...I was the only bidder

A customer took a stock car but wanted normal glass instead of privacy so they changed the glass and auctioned off the privacy glass...I was the only bidder
That is a brilliant result. Good job I didn't see this or there might have been another bidder :grinning:

Where did you find details of the auction?

Just out of interest what do you think it's going to cost for you to get it fitted?

It was auctioned off on eBay
I'm going to see if my dealer will give me a discounted price for fitting these if I get them to supply & fit the rear screen. Failing that Ive got a quote from Autoglass for the rear screen of £430 & I will have a look at fitting the other pieces myself

Last edited:
I think you've done well, but it just proves how costly getting something fitted after factory stage can be.

I think you've done well, but it just proves how costly getting something fitted after factory stage can be.
I know...oh well can't be helped, but I know if I went with just the tints that I'll not be 100% happy with it....although I'm not over the moon with the thought of ripping the glass out of a brand new car either though

Since you are getting the windows tinted yourself, why not add the black styling pack? Look good against white and match in with your rails and tints :D

Since you are getting the windows tinted yourself, why not add the black styling pack? Look good against white and match in with your rails and tints :D
I actually like the chrome around the windows! Bsp looks good with sepang but not actually a massive fan for some reason (idk why)

I can't get past the 'halo' effect on tints. My OCD is too chronic to ignore it! For that reason I much prefer privacy glass.

Will throw this out there tho. You can get an aftermarket sound system for cheaper than the B&O and will likely be better....not hating on the B&O, it's more than enough for me, but I've heard aftermarket systems in a B&O car and it was much better and cost less....
Im sure audi warranty would have something to say... They'll find a way that the speakers are linked to the engine lol

Altogether now...............

.................tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow...............it's only a day away!!

You've got the B&O ..............what else is there??!! :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and RyyC
Im sure audi warranty would have something to say... They'll find a way that the speakers are linked to the engine lol

Haha they are bad, but I can't imagine they are that bad!

Having said that, I recently hardwired my dash cam into my car and did think if that could give them an excuse...!!

Haha they are bad, but I can't imagine they are that bad!

Having said that, I recently hardwired my dash cam into my car and did think if that could give them an excuse...!!
We all know hardwiring dash cams bypasses the turbo... Oh and your gearbox

Reactions: DrEskimo
Got everything in place, finishing all the boring stuff tomorrow!

Added interior lighting pack to the above spec!

Reactions: azibux1