Tomorrow's the Day!

mikep

Reaction score
Website
www.pragamtik-ict.co.uk
I'm collecting my new Sportback 2.0Tdi DSG Sport tomorrow, after 8 weeks of being patient......./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

The Autoglym guys have been polishing it today so the initial pictures should look reasonably good. I'm probably sad enough to post some up later this weekend.

Just about to order the R32 alloy paddles from the guys at VAG Parts, expensive but they will go with the Medial Aluminium trim inside, and they're easier to use when the wheel is turning.

Excited, me? Nah! Well not a lot...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well I would show you some pictures but the Gallery isn't accepting any of mine at the moment.

I'll have to upload them to one of my web servers and show them from there.

back in a mo......

Mike, your house is crying out for block paving!

PS: nice car BTW

Nice car -- looks great.

PS.
Looks like you have a nice view from the front of the house!

[ QUOTE ]
Nice car -- looks great.

PS.
Looks like you have a nice view from the front of the house!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep it's a 200 acre field, just recently harvested, there's a 100 acre field at the back too! And yes, I live in the middle of nowhere!

Nice motor Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

It seems you have the same Brodit mount and bracket as I have just fitted for the ipaq. You have fitted the holder lower down on the bracket. Does this not block more view to the ipaq screen ?.

Thanks, I've moved the holder up to the top of the bracket now as it was blocked by the wheel.

All I have to do now is work out where the Parrot 3300 header unit will fit.

Steve
The wheels are 17s, I don't think the 18s are on the options list.

How about here....

parrot-far.jpg

parrot-close.jpg

Eeef, what's holding it away from the dashboard, is it on one of the wire mounts?

There is another place to the right of the wheel where it will surface mount and be visible through the wheel, right at the egde of the dashpod.

It's nice to see another aftermarket unit where the Chorus goes, looks good, my Alpine + Ipod is being fitted in a couple of weeks, until then I'm using the iTrip which is OK but not a long term solution, and there's no car kit at the mo so I'm driving round looking like Lt Uhura without the short skirt!

[ QUOTE ]
It's raining, ******!

I'll take some pictures when it stops.

The paddles are about £200!!!! But they do look the mutts nuts (at that price they'd have to!)

[/ QUOTE ]

mike, are you aware that the 'R32' paddles WILL NOT fit yours. They have changed the paddle design with the new steering wheel.

Audi do an ali version of yours for the american market though. No ideas of part no's or pricing / availability, sorry !.

[ QUOTE ]
Japper, thanks for the update, I've checked the fittings against the instructions from the TT Forum and they're totally different. So who do we know in the States who can help?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the parts are still Audi in Germany, so hopefully VAG Parts should be able to trace the correct part no. and price ?

[ QUOTE ]
Oh good! so it wasn't just me then!

Japper can you fix the link?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

alloy_paddles_2.jpg

alloy_paddles1.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for that Japper.

They look the same shape as the plastic ones, the R32 ones were bigger and easier to reach when the wheel is turned. I may just stick with the plastic ones now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, unfortunately they are axactly the same size / shape as your plastic ones. They are also two piece construction ( clip in cover at the back to hide screws ) so would imagine they would be well expensive to retro fit !

steeve

thanks mate, the weather put a bit of a crimp on the weekend, but in the brief period when the sun came out the colour looked brilliant.

Shame we won't see much sun until next April!

OK, am I being a complete twot or is this laser surgery thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif?

That image looks like d9d ?

Am I missing something?

[ QUOTE ]
OK, am I being a complete twot or is this laser surgery thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif?

That image looks like d9d ?

Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

You've lost me with this one Eeef.....which image and what's d9d ?.

haha, nah, its the old link that didnt work, is brings up a piccy of some 9d9 crap.

I think you can only see pics on audiworld if you're registered and logged in, otherwise you get d9d (denied - I think).