too good to be true??

Duncan

Reaction score
Website
www.skynews.com
have found an 08 s-line tdi dsg 170 for 9k with 4800 miles on the clock

seems way to good to be true - have contacted the seller who lives in germany now but will come over the uk to sell the car, he just wants proof that i have the money in place...

have told him no way am i sending him any sensitive details - have also asked for the reg number so i can do an hpi check on the car, am going to try and ring him to chat about it

in the unlikely event this is legit then it could be the deal of the century!!

any thoughts?

SCAM!

Has he told you to send money by western union yet and that the car is in a container waiting to be shipped?

Dont waste your time mate, this scam has been running for years.

SCAM!

Has he told you to send money by western union yet and that the car is in a container waiting to be shipped?

Dont waste your time mate, this scam has been running for years.

nope but does sound like a bit of a classic scam to me....

if it looks to good to be true it usually is - i mean why would he be selling it for over 10k less than its worth, dont think anyone is that stupid...

oh well, the search continues...

Mine was bought in Germany for 9k...but it was '06 with 40000 miles ish on the clock

Scammalammadingdong :search:

I have a Buggati Veyron I took as an unwanted part-ex.
You can have it for £500.

Just leave the cash under the wheel of your car and email you address.
I will pop round tonight and post the keys.

honest...:)

Hi Duncan, does sound like a scam.
I myself received an email this morning from a lady saying she wanted to buy my golf, but she was heavily pregnant and her husband is away on buisness.
She wanted to pay me 5k for the car even though it was advertised for £4850. She wanted my house details and full name.

I asked for her mobile number and havent received anything yet, i have been told by a friend that this is a scam, im just wondering what she can do with my details.

100% Scam!!!

Either - They'll ask you wire the money accross

or rob you when you bring the cash

or a ton of other things - i wouldnt bother!

Screw the loaf mate, of course its a scam of some sort....:friends:

I am currently trying to sell my car and recently received this gem

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am interested in purchasing this vehicle ,it suits my requirements perfectly,I run two garages ,one in Dublin and the other in the Netherlands, i shuffle most of my time between the two
THESE ARE MY TERMS OF TRANSACTION IF CAR IS EXACTLY AS STATED IN ADVERT: 1) I AM OKAY WITH THE STATED PRICE.

2) I WILL BE PAYING WITH A BANKER'S DRAFT / CHEQUE WHICH I WILL ALLOW TO CLEAR BEFORE THE PICKUP/SHIPMENT OF THE CAR.

3) I WILL INCLUDE FEES FOR SHIPMENT IN PAYMENT, THIS MY SHIPPING AGENCY WILL USE FOR PICK-UP.

The excess funds will go towards covering costs for shipping,shippers fees,insurance,tax and any other expenses that might be incurred getting it down to the new owner. I will want you to get in touch with the following details if my terms are okay: FULL NAME............................
ADDRESS........................
TELEPHONE NUMBERS...................(Mobile and Land)

As soon as i have your details,i can have payment effected immediately,all things being equal,we should have this wrapped up by the end of this week. Pls note that you'll have to send on the balance on the funds that you'll get to my shipper so he can come attend to the pick up as soon as you make the car ready. I beleive that most transaction are based on trust,so i will look forward to a successful transaction with you.

Best Regards, James Millner.

Why do they bother? They should have their right hand chopped off!

I had LOADS of this through autotrader when I was trying to sell my celica..

Hmm! My reply would have been something like this. Dear James, shove the ****** transaction as far up your scamming **** as you can manage! If you require any assistance with this, please forward me your address then me and a couple of my cricket bat weilding mates can give you some help.
regards
dave:angrymod::angrymod::angrymod:

Best thing is, when you report them to autotrader or forward them the emails, they don't actually do anything. For example at the moment there is an s line A3 for sale for £4,700, blatantly fake so I reported it to them and they agreed it was fake. Still there though!

This is what they send to you if anyone is interested.

String them along for a bit of fun first though!

I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2007 AUDI S3 TISI QUATTRO GREY Although I am registered in the UK,i recently moved to Huelva, Spain (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here. I want to sell it in UK due to the fact that it's an UK version (right handed),it meets all UK standards.I bought this car from UK and It still has UK registration, so you won't have to pay any import and insurance fees.The car meets all United Kingdom guidelines so there will be no problem regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.The car is in perfect condition, the bodywork is immaculate,no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition , never been implied in any accident and it is as advertised .The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, No finance. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car in you name.If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund. It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your address in maximum 10 days. Final price is GBP 6,500 (the price includes shipping and insurance fees).The price is low because the car is right hand drive in a country where all cars are left hand drive so in the Spain is very difficult to drive this type of vehicle and nobody wants to buy it here in Spain.Instead of keeping it in garage (during this economical crisis), I decided to sell it to someone back in the UK for a really attractive price.
I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the financial part of this deal will be manage by a company that has offices in both UK and Spain and in this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.
Let me know if you need any further details or if you would like to buy my car.
Thank you!

:ermm:

i hate scum like this why dont they just die lol.... you should meet this ***** with a van full of heads round the corner and put em in a coma scum of the earth i have real hate for scum like this after being burgled it makes me boil ....like the trash that rob old people death to em all lol...

They ask for details so they can request new V5 for stolen cars and clone yours. Be careful...to easy to get sucked in..as its been said, when something is too good to be true it normally is.

They should be lined up and shot

To be fair.... If he was happy for you to go over and do cash on collection in germany then fine.
What however will most likely happen is that he'll ask you to wire a deposit (maybe a grand) before he comes over with the car.... Then that's the last you'll hear of him.

Usually how it works.