Too much oil

mac1403

Reaction score
Just came back from a dealer major service. Noticed a oil leak on the garage floor. Checked the oil and found this...wonder how much damaged has been caused
11167A0D 14EE 4769 A8D0 1356B0457497

Let the oil settle 1st for a correct reading, could be residual oil of a trim depending if they sucked it out or old school drop from the sump.

Let the oil settle 1st for a correct reading, could be residual oil of a trim depending if they sucked it out or old school drop from the sump.
My concern is I drive 75 miles home with it like that. Will call them tomorrow and see what they say. Very disappointed a main dealer did this. Even more disappointed at the amount of damage to the seals, cat that could have happened

Its not overly overfilled, as said above it might be residual. Let it settle, clean and re-dip. AFAIK oil at the dealer is electronically measured - may be wrong though.

Its not overly overfilled, as said above it might be residual. Let it settle, clean and re-dip. AFAIK oil at the dealer is electronically measured - may be wrong though.
That’s a cold dip. Wiped and dipped again. Bare in kind I have also lost oil driving home from the dealer and whilst sat in the garage. Leads me to believe it was very over filled initially. ****** off that a dealer could be so negligent. Had a cam belt and water pump. Haldex and brake fluid changed as well. All done in less than 5 hours. Makes me wonder what they actually did?