Top Gear New Series (Spoiler Alert!)

Audi Bairn

Staff member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, new series of TG Sunday 17th Feb BBC2 8:00pm

Not what it once was, but I’ll give it look.

Reactions: Raiden, Baka, Marshy and 3 others
It'll be approximately 1.2 million* times better than that other thing on the pay to view channel run by tax dodgers.

* rough estimate that I calculated on a beermat

Reactions: Gary_LB, CHEZ and Audi Bairn
I’ll be watching for sure. It’s a shame Matt Le Blanc decided to leave as he and Harris were starting to find their rhythm

Reactions: Audi Bairn and CHEZ
........same i'll be watching but it's still not the same. Having said that, the latest series of the ''famous 3 '' on Amazon has been pretty poor in my view other than the fist episode in America which was great.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I may get shot for saying this, but even in the latter days of Clarkson et al on Top Gear, I preferred Fifth Gear as it was more like what TG used to be (eg more about driving the cars and doing reviews). TG became too contrived latterly imho.
But it’s a car programme and I like cars :relaxed:

Reactions: BigBill, Sandra, Bristle Hound and 2 others
I may get shot for saying this, but even in the latter days of Clarkson et al on Top Gear, I preferred Fifth Gear as it was more like what TG used to be (eg more about driving the cars and doing reviews). TG became too contrived latterly imho.

I’d agree. Fifth Gear was far better as a car show

Reactions: BigBill and Audi Bairn
All these people moaning about presenters.
I don't care me.
I will watch any motoring programe on the box if I could

I recorded it then watched it after it was finished because I thought I would end up fast forwarding parts of it.....and I wasn't wrong. :D
I was impressed by the interior of the Panamera and some of those roads in Norway......but the rest of the episode was very dull IMO.

TG wasn't too bad IMO and agree it' a shame 'Joey' is leaving.

Got Amazon now and tuned into S3 of the tour (first time I've seen any of it), all I can say is I marvelled at how dark Hammond's hair has got over the last few years ( almost as brown as May's teeth :wtf: - has he not got 'dental' ) that was pretty depressing but then JC turned side on to camera with his 32" 501s and it looked like a total eclipse - WTAF.

I'm no Richard Gere either but I've recently driven an Aventador, one of JC's favourites I believe, and I can assure you there's no way his gut would fit in there.

Me and my boys used to enjoy their stuff but now it's just really sad watching these 3 old twats pretending they're still teenagers (whilst hoovering up Amazon's tax free money). IMO they should seriously consider jacking it in, or at the very least take an honest look at themselves in the mirror, they've got kids ***!!

Edit: maybe the Beeb'll consider them for a new series of Last of the Summer Whiiine? ( cue lambo engine noise).

Last edited:
Reactions: andy.h and Audi Bairn
Top Gear Extra Gear
On tonight 11.15pm

This wasn’t a bad watch last year.

Just watched the 1st episode of this years TG

& what a disappointment TBH

The German female presenter in the Panda was just trying to hard to be funny IMHO
But like @Audi Bairn says this is my reasoning too

Reactions: Tj 0785, Audi Bairn and Ron240
Just watched the 1st episode of this years TG

& what a disappointment TBH

The German female presenter in the Panda was just trying to hard to be funny IMHO

But like @Audi Bairn says this is my reasoning too

Agreed i ended up fast forwarding that section. I almost felt sorry for Ferrari PR though knowing what has gone in that boot