Top mounts

big_mo

MOSES
Reaction score
I am going to change my coilovers soon and put new top mounts on.
Where is the best place for them?
Also i have seen on DPMperformance meatal fixed ones....Has any one used these before?

GSF or dealer for the rubber ones... also consider the top mount bearings too as these can break up over time and you may need to replace them too...

<tuffty/>

I am going to change my coilovers soon and put new top mounts on.
Where is the best place for them?
Also i have seen on DPMperformance meatal fixed ones....Has any one used these before?

I have CompBrake top mounts (all metal rose jointed). So far they have been great.

G

I have CompBrake top mounts (all metal rose jointed). So far they have been great.

G

You get them awesome gti when you had the car done? Whats the price like?

Put these on the Clio with strut braces and coilovers and spacers.

My backside served as the only suspension travel, but my God did it handle. Regardless of the quattro, dad's RS4 couldn't corner as quickly.

Sweet have you noticed a differnce between them and the rubber ones?

Uhm to be truthful no, but they stopped the crashing banging about of the front end that was there before, felt more going over bumps like something was loose at the top of the shocks.

As soon as I had the car back I was totally blown away by even the most mundane 30mph drive. It is more stiff yes and it does rattle your bones more when travelling on a bumpy road but its the price you pay for having such a nice setup. I really don't mind it at all, it is still smooth if you learn how to read the road ahead and avoid all the nasty holes.

You get them awesome gti when you had the car done? Whats the price like?

Yes Awesome GTI fitted them. Great price at £120 if I remember right.

Iv seen these for £150 with out fitting

Link for the £120 + Vat. £141 Inclusive.

Put these on the Clio with strut braces and coilovers and spacers.

My backside served as the only suspension travel, but my God did it handle. Regardless of the quattro, dad's RS4 couldn't corner as quickly.

Clio's handle great out of the box. Add the items you listed and it's even better.

If I could say one thing about the car having had all the work done and a custom geometry setup as per ESS_Three's - S3, it would be this!

Total transformation of what the car is capable of. I'm never "ever" afraid of a corner, whereas I was before. Even with Faux Wheel Drive the S3 has been lacking something. I'm now on my "third" S3, and won't be selling up for a while, not with the way it drives and handles now. There would be no point, other than to get something faster in a straight line.

Given 350Hp in an S3 setup properly with Suspension and brakes, I would comfortably say it would be a very very quick car point to point, surely up with the bigger boys and their toys.

I've noticed that my rear tires are wearing much faster, probably due to the custom geo and remap putting down more power. At least I know Faux Wheel drive is closer to being 4WD, even if it is costing me more.

I can't thank Awesome enough....they made my car what it should have been from the start. Ok, it's not as comfortable as it once was, even with all the knocking and crashing about the suspension was doing but it was worth EVERY penny spent and given the choice would I do it again? Hell YEAH!

G