Tough Choice

GRE57Y

Reaction score
My situation:

Decided to remove the Dynamic pack so re-allocating the money.

I have £875 left in option money- what do I spec from the following (and how do I spend what's leftover if there is any!).

Super Sports Seats- £795
Or
RS3 Design Pack- £895
Or
Mag Ride- £995
Or
Pano Roof- £950

Opinions all welcome!

Dynamic pack LOL
Seriously though, Mag ride - I was SO impressed by it.

Have you driven the RS3 with and without?

Driven two with. None near here that don't have mag ride for me to try, though I will when I get chance.

Probably depends what shape you are! See if you can sit in them. An S3 would do as means of comparing seats if you can't find an RS

There's no way I would be spending £895 on the RS Design pack.... appears to be the addition of some red stitching.

Can you know spec the mag ride outside of the dynamic pack?

Agreed!
Yes you always could get mag ride on its own. It's the sports exhaust you can't buy on its own

Reactions: GRE57Y
Over mag ride?

I would say so yea, I have the basic seats in my S3 and always wish I had went with the SSS. Especially in an RS Model, these should come standard.

I don't have mag ride so have never missed it. I only ever drive in dynamic so it would be pointless for me as all the other modes would never be used.

You should try both for yourself. It's an important decision you'll be stuck with for a long time. And read/watch the reviews. The early ones near Rome all had the standard suspension and described the ride as hard. Later ones in UK all have mag ride and describe it as must-have.
Btw the ss seats give a bit more headroom if that's important to you.

Reactions: GRE57Y
Why do the Super sport seats provide more headroom / lower seating position ?

Seat bases look identical.

base must be a bit lower. Head technician at my dealer says theres about an inch and a half difference. I sat in S3s with both seats and theres definitely a difference.

Reactions: RYuill
base must be a bit lower. Head technician at my dealer says theres about an inch and a half difference. I sat in S3s with both seats and theres definitely a difference.

Hmm that's interesting to know then - as some have said the seating position is too high - perhaps super sport seats could help this.

I like a low seating position myself.

Hmm that's interesting to know then - as some have said the seating position is too high - perhaps super sport seats could help this.

I like a low seating position myself.

SuperSports in the demo I drove.
Far too high! I don't think there is much, if any, difference, despite what a "technician" at Audi said.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Yeah I didn't believe him either. That's why I made them bring me four different cars our for me to sit in. My head touched the roof in the cars with standard seats and didn't with the SS seats. Both still too high though, you're right.

Had they taken the seats/seating position from the new TT, that would have made a huge difference to the RS3.

Yeah, how hard can it be to just mount them a bit lower? Especially as you say they've got the bits in another car. I sat in a TTS last week and almost fitted...can't remember what seats it had though. Nice car inside...just no room for a dog and lanky son.

Taking the RS3 out this weekend for extended test drive so will see how I get on.

Reactions: RYuill and Yorrick
All of them visa is your friend..

Pano roof on days like today is fantastic also add light to cabin

Super sport seats because there lovely looking

Mag ride because it's funky

You'll kick yourself if you don't get one, you've too many on the list to pick one. VISA IT !

Reactions: Yorrick
Get a test in one with Mag ride. I was pretty stunned at the difference in ride and handling when I tested one (against my S3 8V).

Reactions: Yorrick
Need to try one without Mag Ride next as I've tried it with but no sports exhaust. Hmmmm. And really want to see Catalunya red in the flesh.... Aghhhhh can't decide!