Tow hooks

jdsour

Reaction score
Going to be doing a track day soon, what tow hooks are people using? Any recommendations?

You can't fit them to an S3 legally. If for something else let me know.

You can't fit them to an S3 legally. If for something else let me know.
Its for the s3 indeed, I'm in Ireland so I'd need to look into the legality

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Probably not legal in Ireland either, as Audi submit for type approval collectively in Europe, not each country due to the cost. No harm in you asking a local towbar fitter to check.
This is the reason I bought an A3 Quattro. My vertical detachable towbar (which involves less cutting of the rear bumper) came from Holland and cost about £180 without electrics - http://www.acs-systems.nl/home.aspx

Probably not legal in Ireland either, as Audi submit for type approval collectively in Europe, not each country due to the cost. No harm in you asking a local towbar fitter to check.
This is the reason I bought an A3 Quattro. My vertical detachable towbar (which involves less cutting of the rear bumper) came from Holland and cost about £180 without electrics - http://www.acs-systems.nl/home.aspx
Ah I think you took me up wrong, looking for a tow hook/loop not a towbar :)

:shrug: :smile new: Just use the existing lashing eyes front and back or the tow hook you should have in your boot.

Thought it needs to be bigger for the track due to the size of the tow ropes they use?

Don't worry they'll fit something on there. Or don't go in the kitty litter!

Reactions: S. and jdsour
Thought it needs to be bigger for the track due to the size of the tow ropes they use?

I would speak to the track owners/organisers and see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was talking to one of the lads today, the one loop that comes with the car will be fine but I'll need to get a second one, if there's no loop a forklift will be involved!