Towbar

timwiti

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get a good quality detachable towbar from and how much?

S4 Saloon 2003
Any S4 owners had one fitted recently?
(I know Audi say you cannot fit one to an S4)

Cheers,

I was looking for one for my 1999 a3 quattro and found a guy on ebay selling a load of em. Seem to be a good price. I havent bought one though so i cant be sure of the quality but i think bosal are a reasonable make. Here is the link for it...
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fit-your-own-towbars-Towequipe

You can definately fit your own, audi just say you cant so they can scam some more money out of you.

Cheers.
Dave

I have a swan neck detachable bosal one for my A4 Avant and it has an S4 rear bumper. Quality is excellent and it cost about 280 from ebay including everything you needed to fit (electrics etc).

swan_neck.jpg

I've ordered one from Leisure Shack for 212 quid
Bosal detachable 034-603 the website now says suitable for S4

I'll be fitting this weekend hopefully.
Simon_golf_tt I have your fitting instuctions to hand from your old post!!

What is the hardest part? Any tips on how to do it without damaging anything graetly appreciated.

Also how much of the underside of the bumper do you need to cut?
Don't suppose you couls post a pic of the cut.
Thanks again

Tim - I'd say the hardest part is removing the interior trim to get to the bumper fixing screws. Might be easier in the saloon - is your S4 a saloon? I will try and post a picture of the underside of the bumper if I get a chance. It's pretty obvious what needs trimmed - put the bumper back on (without fixing in place and without the swan neck towball fitted) and you will see what needs to be removed to allow the towball to be inserted into the towbar. Also you will see how much to remove to allow the electrics to pivot down. Stick on some masking tape and draw on the trimming lines with a pencil, then use a hacksaw to cut the bumper (once you have it back off the car). Good luck!

Fitted the towbar this weekend - you can fit a towbar to an S4
Thanks for the tips simon golf tt