toyo proxes tr1 worth it?

winger

Reaction score
hi guys, im after two tyres for the rear, and need ASAP. the fronts are currently toyo proxes tr1, and have a lot of life left in them (6mm)

i can get two for £155, fitted. are these any good?

id like some falken ze914 ecorun's ideally, as the reviews seem really good. but i can't afford to change all 4 at the moment.

would it be a good idea to get the falkens at the rear for now, then get the front when i can afford them?

size 225/40/18 :)

Do you mean T1R? I ran them for a few years. Very good in the dry, ok wet. Quite a soft sidewall. They are an old tyre now and been out of production for quite a while.

Oops lol. Yea the T1R . I'm tempted to change them altogether. Do you know if the falken ecoruns are worth it?

They are an old tyre now and been out of production for quite a while.
potentially stupid noob query ~ could that mean they might be dubious (ie, rubber degrading etc), if they've been stacked up in a storehouse somewhere for a long time?

Not used the Ecorun but always found the Falkens to be an acceptable tyre. A budget tyre worth looking at tgat tyre snobs look down on is the Kumho Ku37. Run these since my last set of T1Rs and they are on par. Was sceptical how they'd cope with track work but they have allowed me to shove more exotic metal round the circuits. A few guys, including my brother really rate them on the BMW M3 forum.

As long as the tyres have been stored correctly I wouldn't be too worried. If they were 10 years old and stored in the garden though I might give them a miss.

Ok cool I'll have a look. Do you know by any chance if they have rim guards on them. The toyo have a nice lip for alloy protection ( I seem to be attracted to curbs lol )