TPMS - 04-09 8P's

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ok guys stuck TPMS on my car, just curious how from the 1st 8P version to present days functioned interms of the dash insert/DIS, now we all know the button actually resets the system after a tyre change, inflation, wheel change etc, but tell me this, when you press your button do you get a lamp light up on the speedo clock or do you get the DIS LCD show a symbol, when it warns you of a low tyre does it show as a lamp on the speedo or does it show in the DIS as a symbol, all 04 onwards versions info appreciated.

Thanks.

NHN.

press and hold the button when stationary to set the pressures. You here a beep and all is well. When the system goes into warning mode you hear the beep and you see the flat tyre warning light on the dash. No dis info sorry!

No pressures involved John as 8P doesnt have wheel sensors even though elsawin does mention it but not in etka, uses abs sensors to check turns of wheels which then denotes tyre must be deflated cause more turns on sensors, but thanks for the info just needed to confirm if DIS was involved, its a **** to be honest cause you'd notice the DIS symbol rather than the stupid lamp but guess the beep does the job huh. Thanks again.

:thumbsup:Oooh, I've wanted this mod for ages. What's involved NHN?

Yep, I know there's no real "pressures" involved. It's a sensitive system too. Last time the alarm went off I measured the rotational speed of each wheel. The backs were turning at a different speed (by 0.5 kmh) as I'd recently had a new set of front tyres fitted and didn't reset the system.

I'm pretty sure you get the warning symbol with the beep when you press the button.

Mmmm, you may have a point there, but I'm mesmerised by two girls kissing......:p

TPMS is small feed, we want the park assist Nigel!!! LOL
They say its a virtue, so have some, lol, but funny you should mention as I was looking at this earlier, so once reinstalled etka & elsa will look again
I'm pretty sure you get the warning symbol with the beep when you press the button.
Does that mean you have the system or not as I cant find anyone whose got the symbol in the DIS only the lamp in the dash pod lights up & even a guy in the US who also did mod has said he only gets the lamp
Mmmm, you may have a point there, but I'm mesmerised by two girls kissing......:p
Yeah its definitely one to save to desktop, lol

Has anyone got a facelift with TPMS they can test this out so I know I'm not missing a setting cause its all wired ok & vagged.

No not on the DIS mate. The warning symbol lights. I'll check for sure tomorrow if noone beats me to it (which I'm sure they will as I'm getting up later and later!).

More for your pleasure :hubbahubba:

christylapdance0tj5dl.gif

2dtpuee.gif

08adult.gif

bananasuck.gif

animated004.gif

adult9.gif

And a few no so safe for work here:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194431

and

http://www.freemyspacegraphics.com/Graphics/Adult_Animations/?page=1

Enjoy!

I tried it this morning. When you press the button the warning light comes on and you hear the beep, but nothing in the DIS.

So back to the plot...sounds like NHN has TPMS working correctly.
Is there a DIY guide available for installing/setting it up?

They say its a virtue, so have some, lol, but funny you should mention as I was looking at this earlier, so once reinstalled etka & elsa will look again

Never been accused of being virtious so dont worry LOL. I had quick look the other day but saw no mention of parts in my ETKA (724 update) and my ElsaWin is 3.5 & only goes up to MY 2008 really.

Thing is, if its a £1500 option whats it going to be in parts!!!!

Never been accused of being virtious so dont worry LOL. I had quick look the other day but saw no mention of parts in my ETKA (724 update) and my ElsaWin is 3.5 & only goes up to MY 2008 really.

Thing is, if its a £1500 option whats it going to be in parts!!!!

For the A3 it's a £45 factory option, it's a switch, some bits of wire and some plugs.

Mmmm, good question. As the car already has an electrically assisted rack, perhaps just a bigger motor to drive it, coupled with the big ugly sensors in the front bumper and a control box....

Sensors changed I know for sure & control module, but as for the steering part I'll have to check.