Facelift TPMS

SteviegRS

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been playing about with the TPMS and the manual implies that once calibrated you should get a visual representation of the car with pressure displayed for each tyre in the mmi - I only get the calibration option. Once driving it the mmi displays a message that it can’t be calibrated and no other options are available in the mmi - am I missing something?

I had this on my BMW and it was really handy...

A0E82B3B 5786 4823 8DCE C3D293F874E1

Should look like this or you can have it displayed in another couple of layouts.

Speed needs to be above 16mph for it to register. If memory serves me right, yes you store the pressures in the menu in the pop up display screen first.

I had a wheel repaired recently so the car was up on jacks for a couple of days until the wheel was repaired. When I got the car back from Audi, the TPMS was not working. Everything was displaying - - - in the display. Switched on and off and it made no difference. After a few miles of driving, it just suddenly updated and appeared. Not sure why it done that but all working fine again now.

Just to confirm, your car does have TPMS yes? i.e, you specced it and paid an additional premium for it?

I’m sure the car has a basic tyre warning system as part of the basic spec that lets you know if a tyre is flat or not. However, this is not the same as TPMS which allows you to see the individual displays of the pressures and temps.

My car was a dealer specced car so am not 100% sure. When I was waiting for it to arrive it did show TPMS on the options but I’m not sure if they all show this if they do come with a basic version? If all the cars do have a basic version then the manual doesn’t make sense as it implies you should see the same settings that Leo RS posted above regardless...

If my car doesn’t have it I wonder if it can be fitted retrospectively?

View attachment 142926

Should look like this or you can have it displayed in another couple of layouts.

Speed needs to be above 16mph for it to register. If memory serves me right, yes you store the pressures in the menu in the pop up display screen first.

I had a wheel repaired recently so the car was up on jacks for a couple of days until the wheel was repaired. When I got the car back from Audi, the TPMS was not working. Everything was displaying - - - in the display. Switched on and off and it made no difference. After a few miles of driving, it just suddenly updated and appeared. Not sure why it done that but all working fine again now.

Thanks for posting that what options do you get prior to that - I was going to car and servicing in the mmi?

I had the same as you have on my BMW and it really handy especially showing temps as well....

It’s unlikely the dealer spec car has it - its not a standard feature.

I specced the sport pack so will have it on mine but otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered.

Slightly off-topic but does anyone else with this notice a higher temperature read out on the front right tyre vs. the other 3 which are fairly consistent? I see its the same on the first post

Slightly off-topic but does anyone else with this notice a higher temperature read out on the front right tyre vs. the other 3 which are fairly consistent? I see its the same on the first post

Yes mine is the same too, even with a passenger on that side the temperature is never as high as mine.

Probably down to the increased heat generated by the brake discs

They still aren’t properly handed.

When I measured the heat difference on the first 8V I had it was 60 C higher on one side after some spirited braking.

Reactions: AudiNutta
I would think that’s down to weight over that wheel. It’s exactly the same observation in my RS6 so is not RS3 specific.

On LH drive cars, I would imagine the warmest tyre would switch to being front left.

You need to play around in the MMI to find the units section. You can change it in there.

Mine shows up in BAR instead of PSI, any idea how to change the unit?

Go back to the main screen “Menu” and then use the left/right toggle buttons (can’t remember which way) to get into the general settings.. change the “measurement units”.