Track days?

turbonutz

Reaction score
Just wondering why no one trys to get track days for the scots audi fans here on the go? or am i wrong?

Well if you wanna organise a track day mate then crack on!! All the details need to be published and a list put up to gauge interest. Would be a good idea so look forward to it.

would love to but i dont even know where to start with that one, thats the problem :(

I looked at doing this over on audisrs.com but didn't get too much interest. Its far easier to go onto the trackscotland forum and get involved with their track days. I've done one so far with the S4 and its superb. Their days are open pits and normally limited to 25-30 cars and you just go on and off as you please, far better than hot hatch days.

Reactions: Brodster
It is possible to organise but it needs a lot of commitment from the people saying they're going to putting their money where their mouth is. If remember correctly it was about £2700 for a 4 hour open pit. Say for instance you wanted to organise that you'd have to pay that to Knockhill in a lump sum and get as many people to sign up to recuperate your money back or get money from them in advance, enough to book a track day, and try and do it that way. I must admit it would be good to see an all Audi track day as that was my vision. A superb meet if it came off. It would probably have to involve more than just this Audi forum for it to succeed.

I think you are right Colin, I see only a handful of Audis on track days, a few S3s, the odd TT and A4 but that's about it. I think a lot of people prefer polishing to track driving! Also first timers are quite wary of track days so you might want to think about who you are marketing this at - it can be quite daunting to be on track with the more experienced set.

I think you could do it if you organise it well. Some track day organisers (eg Motorsport Events but they are way too far south for you!) will set up events for you based on a set number of cars. Also airfield days are much cheaper. I get invited to quite a few club only days (Area clubs and car specific) when they can't make up the numbers to reach the break even point so you might want to be a little more flexible on who you invite and keep a few trusted friends in the background to make up the numbers if needed.

It is possible to organise but it needs a lot of commitment from the people saying they're going to putting their money where their mouth is. If remember correctly it was about £2700 for a 4 hour open pit. Say for instance you wanted to organise that you'd have to pay that to Knockhill in a lump sum and get as many people to sign up to recuperate your money back or get money from them in advance, enough to book a track day, and try and do it that way. I must admit it would be good to see an all Audi track day as that was my vision. A superb meet if it came off. It would probably have to involve more than just this Audi forum for it to succeed.

Most definately Colin. The more the merrier and better if more numbers so we would be looking at really inviting:-

1. ASN
2. TTOC
3. RS3OC
4. SRS

I know alot of boys in the regional cruises such as The Borders Tuning Scene and they would love it (no Audis in their line up though) so IMO I think we could make the numbers no problem.

ahhh that be out my league tho, will hunt other forums for them :p