Tracker - which one?

hotrod99

Reaction score
Firstly apologies if this has been posted in the wrong place.

I will need to get a tracker fitted on the new motor. Does anybody have any suggestion or advice on which tracker to go for? I'm not an existing tracker customer however i hear Audi use Cobra. The dealer is charging around £599 plus incl. a years sub. I have seen it for cheaper but not sure whether its just better to pay the extra and have it dealer fitted?

Last edited:
Audi do use Cobra,and the system seems to work well...I can't speak for any others though.

Thanks Alex. I noticed Audi are charging a massive premium over independent fitters. Do you know if having a tracker fitted by somebody other then Audi will invalidate the warrenty in anyway?

Thanks Alex. I noticed Audi are charging a massive premium over independent fitters. Do you know if having a tracker fitted by somebody other then Audi will invalidate the warrenty in anyway?

I can't see why it would,but you can always ask if having an aftermarket immobiliser etc does invalidate anything,and would also ring Cobra for a list of fitters in your area.

hi there way not speak to chorley car audio as they do this sort of thing ,even if its just to get prices and more info on trackers...

Don't bother with a tracker.
Only dumb newbies don't use GPS jammers when they steal premium cars

Thanks guys. Yes although it wasnt an insurance requirement on the S3, just for a piece of mind i want to get one fitted on the RS but need to do a little research as i've never had one before. I've heard that newer trackers can counteract jamming devices. I also noticed that Cobra have this:-

CobraTrak ADR Stolen Vehicle Tracker with Automatic Driver Recognition

Not sure how good it is but will need to check regarding warrenty.