Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats good then as on my Golf 7.5 R the soundaktor made it sound like a big end had gone when it was under load in 'race' setting, I used VCDS and turned it down, then turned it off

Tbh the golf needed some help… I thought it sounded terrible when turned off, although equally terrible when turned right up too!!

A little bit of help from the spundaktor actually benefitted the golf imho as it was a soulless noise otherwise.

I’m hoping the rs3 won’t need any help from a soundaktor and so far the videos sound promising on that front (especially as they are new cars and often it takes around 8-10k miles or so for the exhaust to liven up on a new car)

Reactions: 3vans, Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin
Audi have confirmed to me that there is no soundaktor fitted and no fake sound piped into the cabin so not sure why you’re saying that tbh…?
LOL if you mean your dealer says that then I wouldn’t believe it but whatever the source is…

I’m basing this on the sound compared to my current RS3. It definitely has noise in the cabin that isn’t natural.

There is no other way to explain it.

Really good idea - assuming they're all made to measure?

Yes - the mat supplier has all makes listed so you just tick off the relevant model.
You can then upload a loge (like I did the RS3) one and specify where you want it positioned on the mat.
Then select contrast colour for the piped edgings.

Reactions: Mike.46 and NevMan
Yes - the mat supplier has all makes listed so you just tick off the relevant model.
You can then upload a loge (like I did the RS3) one and specify where you want it positioned on the mat.
Then select contrast colour for the piped edgings.

ahh hahaha there we go

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Ordinarily I would have no reason to doubt what Audi says…. aside from our fellow forum goer, everyone else has said it doesn’t have fake sound so

Dealer said it didn’t and Audi UK have also told me that in a chat before too, so that’s two (what should be) reliable sources….

When I drove the Oldham car I was surprised how ‘loud’ it was inside the car, however it all sounded like it was coming from the rear of the car.

As I commented before, I wasn’t disappointed with the sound at all, it’s ‘different’ to the Daza engine car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Keano04, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
ahh hahaha there we go

b3f7e647459df1951107bf6cf0a5ac15.jpg

These were AutoStyle in my previous 8V.
Superb matts for £70.

Reactions: billymc92, Mr Freeze, Mike.46 and 2 others
b3f7e647459df1951107bf6cf0a5ac15.jpg

These were AutoStyle in my previous 8V.
Superb matts for £70.

Look cool ... it may even have been you that pointed me in their direction :icon thumright:

Last edited:
Reactions: 8YARWY
know where you can grab these for the new one mate? don't want to have to pay dealer prices ***
I wonder being as the UK does not get any of the colour packs (which include the RS matts) whether they would be available to order anyway?

LOL if you mean your dealer says that then I wouldn’t believe it but whatever the source is…

I’m basing this on the sound compared to my current RS3. It definitely has noise in the cabin that isn’t natural.

Yeah main dealer and also Audi UK. I too am cynical but at least they are consistent with each other I suppose

To be pedantic, engine noise isn’t natural, it’s man made.

Sounds like it’s different from your current rs3 but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s artificially enhanced… you’re the only one saying it’s fake so far that I have seen and so selfishly I really hope you don’t turn out to be right!!!

Reactions: Alexlfc17
Yeah main dealer and also Audi UK. I too am cynical but at least they are consistent with each other I suppose

To be pedantic, engine noise isn’t natural, it’s man made.

Sounds like it’s different from your current rs3 but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s artificially enhanced… you’re the only one saying it’s fake so far that I have seen and so selfishly I really hope you don’t turn out to be right!!!
There will be some noise piped into the Cabin of the RS3 8Y l noticed this in the TTS in efficiency mode a slight noise but none the less artificial....other modes it was more enhanced I've had 3 variants of the EA888 engine and the one in the TTS sounded differently from the previous 2 versions which were none OPF cars not a bad noise actually l quite liked it a 5 cylinder noise

I think the only way to prove this either way 100% would be something like an engine stethoscope with the probe removed and just hold the open pipe next to the speaker, that would tell you either way :)

There will be some noise piped into the Cabin of the RS3 8Y l noticed this in the TTS in efficiency mode a slight noise but none the less artificial....other modes it was more enhanced I've had 3 variants of the EA888 engine and the one in the TTS sounded differently from the previous 2 versions which were none OPF cars not a bad noise actually l quite liked it a 5 cylinder noise

From what I can find out you cannot say that with any certainty- there isn’t the evidence.

Saying that since the TTS has it so will the rs3 isn’t strong enough grounds imho. It’s a different engine for which it is common practice to pump fake noise in (s3 golf R etc all had it) whereas the 5 pot hasn’t and hopefully won’t either.

That all being said I still wouldn’t be surprised if there was some sound piped in via the speakers, but so far I haven’t found any evidence that it is the case…

Audi has said no but they never get things wrong

The actual info available on the Audi website is terrible - just pushes you towards configuration mode but doesn’t give any details, not even a proper spec list or brochure that I can find? Normally that sorted thing would be confirmed in their literature but I can’t find anything with any details.

Reactions: Anyname
I wonder being as the UK does not get any of the colour packs (which include the RS matts) whether they would be available to order anyway?

@T-1000 may be able to confirm but I am sure you could buy the official mats for the last RS3 but the cost was eye watering.

Reactions: Mike.46 and 8YARWY
From what I can find out you cannot say that with any certainty- there isn’t the evidence.

Saying that since the TTS has it so will the rs3 isn’t strong enough grounds imho. It’s a different engine for which it is common practice to pump fake noise in (s3 golf R etc all had it) whereas the 5 pot hasn’t and hopefully won’t either.

That all being said I still wouldn’t be surprised if there was some sound piped in via the speakers, but so far I haven’t found any evidence that it is the case…

Audi has said no but they never get things wrong

The actual info available on the Audi website is terrible - just pushes you towards configuration mode but doesn’t give any details, not even a proper spec list or brochure that I can find? Normally that sorted thing would be confirmed in their literature but I can’t find anything with any details.
It's not inherent to all new EA888 variants my work colleague Mk8 GTI has no sound piped into the Cabin
Besides given how choked up the exhaust systems sounds in the new RS3 8Y its no surprised to me artificial sound exist its not problem to myself....

Had confirmation today, car has gone status 20 at the factory!!

Reactions: 3vans, RSt3ve, RS3ree and 6 others
@T-1000 may be able to confirm but I am sure you could buy the official mats for the last RS3 but the cost was eye watering.

Depends if they’ll be available with a uk dealer part number for an 8Y

I’d imagine 8V matts will Not fit.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Depends if they’ll be available with a uk dealer part number for an 8Y

I’d imagine 8V matts will Not fit.

8V mats do fit. I used my 8V mats and rubber mats in my 8Y.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
It's not inherent to all new EA888 variants my work colleague Mk8 GTI has no sound piped into the Cabin
Besides given how choked up the exhaust systems sounds in the new RS3 8Y its no surprised to me artificial sound exist its not problem to myself....

If anything that makes the potential even less likely to be linked to what is done with the ea888 (or variant thereof) given its a ea855 in the rs3 not an ea888…

Totally agree the exhaust is strangled due to all the regs so likely could do with some assistance but I would rather artificial support wasn’t needed… that’s not modern cars though now eh

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
After seeing the white car in Petrol Ped video I’m thinking it’s not as bad as I first thought.

I've had a Glacier white 8v in the past and really like it .

Yes the 8Y Rs3 looked really good in the petrol peds video red callipers and red interior design pack and it would
of been perfect :laughing:

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
If anything that makes the potential even less likely to be linked to what is done with the ea888 (or variant thereof) given its a ea855 in the rs3 not an ea888…

Totally agree the exhaust is strangled due to all the regs so likely could do with some assistance but I would rather artificial support wasn’t needed… that’s not modern cars though now eh
Hopefully you’ll be able to hear it for yourself soon enough

Reactions: Keano04 and Snake Pliskin
I've had a Glacier white 8v in the past and really like it .

Yes the 8Y Rs3 looked really good in the petrol per video red callipers and red interior design pack flat bottom steering wheel and it would
of been perfect :laughing:

sorted that for ya ;)

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan and Mr Freeze
Personally don’t think white dates like other “colours”, but as always personal opinion and choice. I too like Nardo but many don’t. My favourite is probably silver (I would say that as have one at the mo), but to be honest I would take an RS in most colours

I think silver is a great colour, my old mans new RS6 is in Floret silver...absolutely stunning!!

I had a MK7 R many moons ago, a year or so after they 1st came out, and when I saw my first Reflex Silver R i wished I'd gone for that, was another corker.

Reactions: NevMan, RS03???, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
I think silver is a great colour, my old mans new RS6 is in Floret silver...absolutely stunning!!

I had a MK7 R many moons ago, a year or so after they 1st came out, and when I saw my first Reflex Silver R i wished I'd gone for that, was another corker.

please don't mention floret silver ... it makes many of us miss what we can't have on the 8Y :disrelieved: @NevMan @Daggerit
RS6 in floret :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally and Daggerit

Just to throw into the mix, could not resist, how about Pearlescent White, had this on a ur Quattro - best view from rear.

Attachments

• Quattro_siderear2.png
    Quattro_siderear2.png
    738.3 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and Daggerit
That is perfection !

its the carbon edition and in person is absolutely gorgeous. Most you see are nardo, black or Navarra blue. When he said he was going floret silver like a few of his past Audi’s I was unsure...it’s an absolute Head Turner and the silver shows how aggressive some of the lines are. Yet to let me drive lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
its the carbon edition and in person is absolutely gorgeous. Most you see are nardo, black or Navarra blue. When he said he was going floret silver like a few of his past Audi’s I was unsure...it’s an absolute Head Turner and the silver shows how aggressive some of the lines are. Yet to let me drive lol
I seen a rs7 close up down at inverkip marina in floret stunning in direct sunlight stunning car actually except for the Funeral home interior black leather/ black stitching shame l thought lol give me one Solar Orange or in Riviera blue....I wish lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and FBF01
If piped in sound is an amplification of the actual car noise I'm not fussed. They're that well insulated these days they need to so something.

Best thing to try is dropping is dropping rear seats and drive like that as a test, in my s3 the difference in volume is noticeable and helps establish what is real and what it's fake (or amplified).

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
The reason no one else has commented on the sound being artificially enhanced in the cabin is because no one else has an RS3 and drives it everyday.

It sounds very different inside the car than the 8V. And I’m not talking about less pops and bangs. It is not the same and the only explanation is that they are enhancing it inside.

Reactions: Daggerit
Status
Not open for further replies.