Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd genuinely sooner have a slower better sounding RS3 than a slightly faster A45s mate.
It's not all about the tyres, You need to go and drive a Golf Mk8R with its new rear differential (but make sure you know how to select the ESC into Sport before you go as you will not find it in the crap info system), in fact it's the same differential as Audi have stolen off VW's shelf for the RS3, If it transforms the RS3 like it does a Golf R you'll only ever see an A45S in the rear view mirror, the rear pushes the front out of any understeer instead of into it, Golf R was 19 seconds quicker than the previous R around the ring

I think 0-60, Nurburgring and top speeds are all just a peeing contest anyway. You make your choice and pay your money.

They are no doubt all beyond any of our skills (apologies if you’re a race driver!) so it’s a moot point.

As an old EP3 Type R driver I simply couldn’t ever see myself driving a new one despite loving my old one so much. The new ones look like they’ve been covered in superglue and crashed into Halfords!

I also am not a fan of the over the top A45s with its huge wing. I prefer subtle and dare I say more grown up look which is why I chose the CLA and why had I waited for the RS3 I would have gone for a saloon. All that said the sportback is still subtle enough for my taste and I loved my S3 sportback right up until the end.

I’ll try not to feel too offended by the hoover comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive just been given my build week for the first time today, a very hopeful (but unlikely) BW3.

MSG recommended not changing to exclusive colour as the agreed discount would not be honoured and they would have to re-quote with the new low figures, so I kept my original order for kemora. Seeing those pics shows it well suits the RS3 and not the etron.

Reactions: 3vans, Rs31981, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Ive just been given my build week for the first time today, a very hopeful (but unlikely) BW3.

MSG recommended not changing to exclusive colour as the agreed discount would not be honoured and they would have to re-quote with the new low figures, so I kept my original order for kemora. Seeing those pics shows it well suits the RS3 and not the etron.

hmm interesting .. fingers crossed things 'may be' improving !

Kemora does look gook on the Rs3 in those photos I must say

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Shame…….

899d58bae6a05c218c70314ac03edc3b.jpg

Also by those guys… honestly who listens to anything “journalists” have to say these days?

Both views formed without trying the car for themselves.

It’s all just clickbait… yawn.

On the road it’ll be more than fine unless driven like an asshat.

59dc0c17f9e3199773eda6ad0f0a231c.jpg

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
8Y FB Group has a few Vorsprung orders who have been given week 03 of 22’.

how weird.

Reactions: 3vans
Lol ... I’m back to week 45 build this year :icon thumright:

• Wow
Reactions: NevMan, kayemill, HulkRS3 and 1 other person
Kemora does look gook on the Rs3 in those photos I must say

Kemora is Fugly even worse than Nerdo.....did'nt think that was possible...but AS ALWAYS you'll get the RS branded toothbrush buyer stating it's a RS ONLY colour.....

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze
Evening all - been passed this forum from some on a Facebook group.

Got my Saloon Launch Edition currently in production after originally ordering a Vorsprung which was delayed from Nov - next year!

Delivery Oct/Nov pending no more delays.

Kemora is Fugly even worse than Nerdo.....did'nt think that was possible...but AS ALWAYS you'll get the RS branded toothbrush buyer stating it's a RS ONLY colour.....

don’t hold back, just say what you think mate :tearsofjoy:
Like nardo it’s a love it hate it colour.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, 8YARWY and Jassyo06
no I’ve got a screen capture it’s definitely 2021 ... let’s see, I’m still not convinced & im sure it will change again.

Dealer did say to me yesterday that they’re starting to see things moving again on some cars, albeit still not build weeks for Vorsprung

don’t hold back, just say what you think mate :tearsofjoy:
Like nardo it’s a love it hate it colour.
A paint colour makes or breaks a car mate just look at that Banana Split A45....whats the point of sitting on the fence

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
A paint colour makes or breaks a car mate just look at that Banana Split A45....whats the point of sitting on the fence

yeah I don’t like that yellow either.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Each to their own, there’s something to be said for nardo (etc) from a resale perspective.

That being said I much prefer a bolder colour, my 8v was nardo, a far cry from Kaylami for the 8Y.

I’d have gone for a bold exclusive colour had it not been for the potential extra lead time.

Always quite liked the A45s but little things really put me off, for example the A45s in the UK has; no HUD, no active cruise control and no electric tailgate......all this and the price just keeps going up, no way I could overlook all 3 on a 60k car.

Reactions: johnmv55
Evening all - been passed this forum from some on a Facebook group.

Got my Saloon Launch Edition currently in production after originally ordering a Vorsprung which was delayed from Nov - next year!

Delivery Oct/Nov pending no more delays.
Might have been me ;)

Update from my dealer, he assured me that no build dates have been allocated to any vorsprung and said it's down to the pan roofs, and wasn't confident about giving any estimate, he said anyone with a build date on a vorsprung is talking s***.
He said because of my allocated order number if I swapped to carbon he could give me a build slot now so changed to carbon, comfort and sound pack, and adaptive suspension and driveassist,
I got a build date of third week January.

Using my new insider press knowledge (by the way check out my Ferrari 296 GTB video which I was the third person in the WORLD allowed access by Ferrari)…

I was told that the press launch would be Feb NEXT Year which suggests massive delays to all cars; now I could be totally wrong about this and it may change but originally I was told November.

Using my new insider press knowledge (by the way check out my Ferrari 296 GTB video which I was the third person in the WORLD allowed access by Ferrari)…

I was told that the press launch would be Feb NEXT Year which suggests massive delays to all cars; now I could be totally wrong about this and it may change but originally I was told November.

you couldn’t make this stuff up………

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and NevMan

Who were you told by?

There are indeed delays so far…

Who were you told by?

There are indeed delays so far…

Obviously I am aware that a few select people got to have a ride in it last week (like Evo and that video above) but the official launch? Next year. I was told this by Head of Audi PR for UK so no reason to doubt it. However doesn’t mean things won’t change.

Obviously I am aware that a few select people got to have a ride in it last week (like Evo and that video above) but the official launch? Next year. I was told this by Head of Audi PR for UK so no reason to doubt it. However doesn’t mean things won’t change.

Ouch. Wonder where the RHD launch edition spec that was pictured rolling out of the factory is going if not here for press?

Reactions: NevMan and garethdj
Ouch. Wonder where the RHD launch edition spec that was pictured rolling out of the factory is going if not here for press?

Crash testing :)

Reactions: Daggerit

Can you put a link to this photo as I've never seen a photo of a RHD so far?

Reactions: Daggerit

Wouldn’t fancy his/her job at the moment!!

Status
Not open for further replies.