Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Germans don’t have trim levels like us so they can spec them however they want.
So jealous they get to just pick and choose... Guessing Audi may have done something similar in the UK if they knew how many orders they'd end up getting

Germans don’t have trim levels like us so they can spec them however they want.
Here in Belgium as well. Specced mine just how I wanted it.
Sometimes you have a small conflict where if you want an option you have to take something else along with it or a pack.
But thats also the case in Germany.

Only forgot to take the alcantara steering wheel but I will put that in myself after delivery :wub:

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Just a little info, I'm bored here so had a play with the German Configurator and noticed the following:
360 camera can not be specced at all
The round steering wheel is only forced upon the configuration when the ''adaptive driving assistant with emergency assistant'' is added, Adaptive cruise, Lane change warning and camera based traffic signal recognition do NOT add the round steering wheel

Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
Just a little info, I'm bored here so had a play with the German Configurator and noticed the following:
The round steering wheel is only forced upon the configuration when the ''adaptive driving assistant with emergency assistant'' is added, Adaptive cruise, Lane change warning and camera based traffic signal recognition do NOT add the round steering wheel

When the random spec cars starting appearing in dealerships we worked out the same thing. A bunch have adaptive cruise without the lane change assist and the flat bottomed wheel. A combo you can’t actually spec here…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike.46
My suspicion is that 360 was never an option on the A3 range and AUDI-UK did a copy and paste from a typical Vorsprung offering.

Reactions: 3vans, Mike.46 and Jassyo06
My suspicion is that 360 was never an option on the A3 range and AUDI-UK did a copy and paste from a typical Vorsprung offering.

Maybe, but it definitely was with the RSQ3 so I don’t see why it would be an issue putting it on the RS3? Don’t even know if you could get it on the standard Q3 before it appeared on the RSQ3.

Does the UK have the option of speccing a 360degree camera?
I think this just isnt possible on an A/S/RS3 in any market?
Would be strange we don't get that here and they would develop different doormirrors with camera's just for the UK?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Does the UK have the option of speccing a 360degree camera?
I think this just isnt possible on an A/S/RS3 in any market?
Would be strange we don't get that here and they would develop different doormirrors with camera's just for the UK?
Exactly different design of door mirrors l have yet to see an A3 8y with this function nothing on YouTube either

Maybe, but it definitely was with the RSQ3 so I don’t see why it would be an issue putting it on the RS3? Don’t even know if you could get it on the standard Q3 before it appeared on the RSQ3.

Q3/RS3Q3 have a different design of door mirror this is possible the reason why it gets this option l think a 360 degree camera set up on a car the size of the A3 is pointless anyway....

Q3/RS3Q3 have a different design of door mirror this is possible the reason why it gets this option l think a 360 degree camera set up on a car the size of the A3 is pointless anyway....

Fair enough but definitely not a mistake otherwise it wouldn’t have the position for a camera in the front grille.

I see it as a very nice ‘nice to have’ feature for helping protect alloys as well as park front in as close to things as possible when needed.

It also depends on if the front grill has the holder for the front camera or not.

If it hasn’t then a new grill would be required.
So a very expensive retro fit.

Mirrors are certainly different (like almost every car, maybe cover or glass are the same but the mirror itself almost always different)
example of a left doormirror for a Q3 with camera option is 83B857409J9B9
for an Audi A3 8Y this right side one is the most expensive I can find right now 8Y1857410A9B9

There’s a white LE at Stafford Audi.

£79980 if it sells they will lock it away in the showroom and no one drives it

Pick up Jan 22.
774f5b7df48d1f4cad4c769e504a4fe9.png

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jcbmally
Fair enough but definitely not a mistake otherwise it wouldn’t have the position for a camera in the front grille.

I see it as a very nice ‘nice to have’ feature for helping protect alloys as well as park front in as close to things as possible when needed.

True ...front camera l don't park on kerbs or use lined out parking spaces with my car..but would gladly £1300/£1400 for the design pack....l had the blue extended design pack on my TT....makes the interior of any Audi/car a bit special

Reactions: Jcbmally and Daggerit
Just gotta get my hand on an RS3 8Y vin so I can get the partnumber for the alcantara/red steering wheel in ETKA.
Make sure it get's here when the car arrives :sos:

Reactions: Daggerit
True ...front camera l don't park on kerbs or use lined out parking spaces with my car..but would gladly £1300/£1400 for the design pack....l had the blue extended design pack on my TT....makes the interior of any Audi/car a bit special

I agree. I would happily swap it for the interior design pack and some red caliper options.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Just gotta get my hand on an RS3 8Y vin so I can get the partnumber for the alcantara/red steering wheel in ETKA.
Make sure it get's here when the car arrives :sos:

That’s great, I just wonder what issues might be caused by swapping the round version for that.

Would it not allow for the lane assist to be used anymore because it thinks you never have your hands on the wheel? Would it flag an error constantly on the dash? Or do what my S4 did if you didn’t hold the wheel while using the lane keeping and eventually hit the brakes and pull to a stop?

I imagine those with round wheels will be stuck with them for a while unless the lane keep assist can be coded out. As usual, I’m happy to be proven wrong though so that I can buy a replacement wheel.

I think the distance to kerb would have been nice to have yes :)

Reactions: 3vans, Waq1 and Daggerit
That’s great, I just wonder what issues might be caused by swapping the round version for that.

Would it not allow for the lane assist to be used anymore because it thinks you never have your hands on the wheel? Would it flag an error constantly on the dash? Or do what my S4 did if you didn’t hold the wheel while using the lane keeping and eventually hit the brakes and pull to a stop?

I imagine those with round wheels will be stuck with them for a while unless the lane keep assist can be coded out. As usual, I’m happy to be proven wrong though so that I can buy a replacement wheel.

Lane assist did not add/alter the steering wheel as I worked through the options only when I ticked ''adaptive driving assistant with emergency assistant'' did the box pop up and add the round steering wheel, so I imagine with a little help from VCDS to untick that box (If possible, sometimes safety stuff cannot be accessed) the wheel could then be changed.
I fitted an Alcantara wheel to my R8 V10, it just didnt work for me as I was always thinking about trying to keep it clean and away from any grease off my hands
Why the f*ck Audi have to add everything together into a 'Tour package' baffles me as all I want out of all of it is Adpative cruise and maybe blind spot assist

I agree. I would happily swap it for the interior design pack and some red caliper options.

I think the silver ceramic calipers look mint go really well Daytona but there are paint detailers that offer the service of caliper painting as part of the package my boss got his calipers painted whilst it was in getting ceramic coated

Lane assist did not add/alter the steering wheel as I worked through the options only when I ticked ''adaptive driving assistant with emergency assistant'' did the box pop up and add the round steering wheel, so I imagine with a little help from VCDS to untick that box (If possible, sometimes safety stuff cannot be accessed) the wheel could then be changed.
I fitted an Alcantara wheel to my R8 V10, it just didnt work for me as I was always thinking about trying to keep it clean and away from any grease off my hands

Yeah, when we had a bunch of people discussing this before we found that there’s a ‘basic’ lane departure warning that’s fine, then the more advanced lane assist appears to be what triggers the steering wheel change (I assume part of that pack if you take a look). If you don’t want the more advanced lane keeping features and can tell it that it just has the basic version then I imagine you could swap the wheel without a problem?

I think the silver ceramic calipers look mint go really well Daytona but there are paint detailers that offer the service of caliper painting as part of the package my boss got his calipers painted whilst it was in getting ceramic coated

I think I’ll probably wait and see how I like them in the flesh before I really think about changing the colour. I’d also have to decide on what I’d actually go for which might be the hardest part…

Yeah, when we had a bunch of people discussing this before we found that there’s a ‘basic’ lane departure warning that’s fine, then the more advanced lane assist appears to be what triggers the steering wheel change (I assume part of that pack if you take a look). If you don’t want the more advanced lane keeping features and can tell it that it just has the basic version then I imagine you could swap the wheel without a problem?

This is the 'info' on the 'adaptive driving assistant with emergency assistant'
The emergency assistant is an extension of the adaptive driving assistant or the lane departure warning and detects within the system limits when the driver is inactive.

In such cases, it warns the driver visually, acoustically and haptically. If there is no reaction from the driver, the system takes over the guidance of the vehicle, automatically brings it to a standstill in its own lane, and the hazard lights are activated.

I guess the 'when the driver is inactive' is the steering wheel bit

Reactions: Waq1 and Daggerit
I think I’ll probably wait and see how I like them in the flesh before I really think about changing the colour. I’d also have to decide on what I’d actually go for which might be the hardest part…

Ceramic brakes on all Audi models were always painted in silver up until circa 2019 l am a black brake caliper guy especially with the colour choices av made on my last 3 cars all light blue red doesn't match well ...having choices of blue etc etc looks too VXR Corsa to my eyes

This is the 'info' on the 'adaptive driving assistant with emergency assistant'
The emergency assistant is an extension of the adaptive driving assistant or the lane departure warning and detects within the system limits when the driver is inactive.

In such cases, it warns the driver visually, acoustically and haptically. If there is no reaction from the driver, the system takes over the guidance of the vehicle, automatically brings it to a standstill in its own lane, and the hazard lights are activated.

I guess the 'when the driver is inactive' is the steering wheel bit

I would assume so, and that it’s all liked into the various packages that you have to select for the more advanced lane keeping systems so that it can steer itself safely while slowing. Makes sense.

I also assume a flat bottom option will become available at some point with the new capacitance monitoring systems, who knows when though. Also wondering if alcantara will be compatible with it when they do finally have a flat version.

Ceramic brakes on all Audi models were always painted in silver up until circa 2019 l am a black brake caliper guy especially with the colour choices av made on my last 3 cars all light blue red doesn't match well ...having choices of blue etc etc looks too VXR Corsa to my eyes

I like the more ‘traditional’ red, but a friend has a Daytona B7 RS4 with the ceramics so I’ll maybe have a proper look next time I see him and decide how I like them against the paint colour.

I would assume so, and that it’s all liked into the various packages that you have to select for the more advanced lane keeping systems so that it can steer itself safely while slowing. Makes sense.

I also assume a flat bottom option will become available at some point with the new capacitance monitoring systems, who knows when though. Also wondering if alcantara will be compatible with it when they do finally have a flat version.

I was watching a review of a Yaris GR and the review also included the new the Porsche GT3 the reviewer commented on how quickly worn out the steering wheel was at the 3/9 o'clock positions on the GT3 ....Alcantara is comparable to a pair of suede shoes both look great when new but don't wear or look great after a period of time Alcantara belongs to non contacted surfaces in a car interior

Reactions: Mike.46, Snake Pliskin and Daggerit

I will let you know once it's in :icon thumright:

ordered end August and they hope it will arrive in April...

Reactions: Mike.46 and Daggerit
There’s a white LE at Stafford Audi.

£79980 if it sells they will lock it away in the showroom and no one drives it

Pick up Jan 22.
774f5b7df48d1f4cad4c769e504a4fe9.png

£20k mark up is disgraceful !

Reactions: 3vans, Mr Freeze, Waq1 and 1 other person
I was watching a review of a Yaris GR and the review also included the new the Porsche GT3 the reviewer commented on how quickly worn out the steering wheel was at the 3/9 o'clock positions on the GT3 ....Alcantara is comparable to a pair of suede shoes both look great when new but don't wear or look great after a period of time Alcantara belongs to non contacted surfaces in a car interior

I've alcantara or mirofibre on the 45 wheel and it does need regular buffing up to avoid it looking grubby.
It is easy enough to buff up and then looks fine again but leather is more suitable in a road car.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Mike.46 and Jassyo06
I've alcantara or mirofibre on the 45 wheel and it does need regular buffing up to avoid it looking grubby.
It is easy enough to buff up and then looks fine again but leather is more suitable in a road car.
Alcantara...Microfiber...Dinamica etc etc are all the same though they just have varying density..but even on a £180k Porsche it still wears the same as on a £56k metc lol
It's cheaper to manufacture/produce than leather as well

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Yes thats what was happening to my R8 wheel, I was almost driving with fingertips to keep it looking new, I swapped them back and sold it on

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

There probably wouldn’t be the option but I would be tempted by yellow to go with an exclusive blue (gentian to complete the Porsche copy).

I’m grateful my LE has red callipers to break up the black!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Animal. The backend is so twitchy in the wet though lol

Attachments

• F2C9F9C1-C8AC-49E7-BEEC-8EC39945851C.jpeg
    F2C9F9C1-C8AC-49E7-BEEC-8EC39945851C.jpeg
    720.3 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: Jassyo06, Jcbmally, HulkRS3 and 1 other person
Bargain may this be the beginning of the of the end for greedy barstewards and car flipping

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211203-163256_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211203-163256_Chrome.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: 3vans, Mr Freeze, Waq1 and 3 others
Bargain may this be the beginning of the of the end for greedy barstewards and car flipping
Maybe a typo with the first 5 though lol

It also depends on if the front grill has the holder for the front camera or not.

If it hasn’t then a new grill would be required.
So a very expensive retro fit.

If you watched my video you will have seen that THERE IS A SPACE for the 360 camera on EVERY RS3. If you have it or not.

It is still there.

Reactions: Waq1 and Daggerit
If you watched my video you will have seen that THERE IS A SPACE for the 360 camera on EVERY RS3. If you have it or not.

It is still there.
Tut tut, obviously either not paying enough attention or maybe he fell asleep :sleeping:

Reactions: NevMan
The 15 or so £70K RS3's on Autotrader dont seem to be flying out of the showrooms

Reactions: 3vans, Terminator x, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.