Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And fill in the holes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be completely wrong but it looks like the standard one would use the same fixing points so could likely be replaced with a stock one if so and fill those holes.

Reactions: Terminator x
Mechanical fixings.

e3ab395c8f56b2d0f77a2b00df2f18ff.jpg

No itd stixk.on top.of that

Could be completely wrong but it looks like the standard one would use the same fixing points so could likely be replaced with a stock one if so and fill those holes.

Yes true but you’d need to buy a standard one and paint it.

Reactions: Daggerit
Yes true but you’d need to buy a standard one and paint it.

True! It would be good to see if the part number is just the carbon or is that whole piece in the picture.

True! It would be good to see if the part number is just the carbon or is that whole piece in the picture.

Part number = whole spoiler.

Reactions: Daggerit
I never said you didn't own your car outright did I ? I said most people won't own them out rite so its not there's to modify .
You can do what ever you want to your car as you own it outright .
Yes that was aimed at jassy, not you. Just couldn’t be bothered to keep scrolling up

Reactions: Mr Freeze
What is it with some of you RS3 lot, you are always on about each other , my rs3 is better than yours or my paint is faster than yours.
Please do us all favour and be a bit more civil towards each other.
If you can't play nicely then I'll have to be Mr grumpy and you don't want that.
This is aimed at several posters in this thread so please step back from the antisocial replies.
I'm watching some of you.:busted cop:

Reactions: K96, Jcbmally, Pinky1959 and 12 others
So carbon probably fastened on rather than just stuck on…

Yes I agree. Wouldn’t pay to just ‘stick’ that on, if it came off at speed it would do some damage.
9f9cae9850c3d66925bc047f529816a5.jpg

Reactions: Daggerit and Add_Profile
What is it with some of you RS3 lot, you are always on about each other , my rs3 is better than yours or my paint is faster than yours.
Please do us all favour and be a bit more civil towards each other.
If you can't play nicely then I'll have to be Mr grumpy and you don't want that.
This is aimed at several posters in this thread so please step back from the antisocial replies.
I'm watching some of you.:busted cop:
Glad your watching them. Always the same lot…

Reactions: K96, Detail Devil, HulkRS3 and 1 other person
I'm watching a few members, it's a fine line some are walking at the moment, and if it gets crossed anymore.

You are on my radar now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexlfc17
Spoiler on it’s own

FF9FB8DD BC88 471D 932A A735B44EFDA5
9AC05E1A 9DE4 4BE5 BCF6 729E9CD45CA0

Reactions: Detail Devil and billymc92
With respect it’s nothing like that at all. I think Jassy is highlighting that when on the never-never, you don’t own the car and you are forbidden from doing any mods on it until such time as you pay it off.

Everyone is entitled to opinions, some of them more worthwhile than others (e.g. Captain Conspiracy and his vaccine ********), but nonetheless it’s a forum and we can all express differing views.

I have a dislike for OPF removal, straight pipes, etc. because it just reminds me of anti-social idiots hooning up and down my road, but each to their own. Do what you like, if you knowingly do something illegal to your car then thats your risk, as long as it doesn’t affect me then i really dont care. Perhaps when saying we don’t like something we could just word it better…
Spot on mate . Some people take it as a personal attack unfortunately when its just a fact .

Reactions: Jassyo06
That's fine - to be honest, a full decat and straight to the back box is also too loud for me. If there was the option of having it sound like the 2017/2018 pre opf cars as they did stock then I'd take that.
I'm not a noisy car person either, a lot of the R8 V10 lads used to change the rear box (2 cats in manifolds (remember the advert on dyno?) and a further 2 cats in rear silencer, imho the car the losses that glorious V10 howl and is replaced by just noise, I would think the 5 cyl will also do that if made too loud

Reactions: Stu-27
That’s kinda crazy considering it’s 1.5k or something, I can see the thieves eyeing them up already
they dont care if someone wants steal it , on saloon its same double side or some adhesive

looking at catalog , when something need plugs or screws its there on same page
on spoiler page its only spoiler
Spiler carbon

That’s kinda crazy considering it’s 1.5k or something, I can see the thieves eyeing them up already
If it was stuck/bonded on with some of the single pack PU adhesives like Tiger Seal or Sikaflex it wouldnt be coming off in a hurry, in fact it would probably never come off, a lot of complex carbon fibre parts have pieces bonded on like fasteners, some of those would rip the carbon apart before falling off

Reactions: Alexlfc17 and Mastachaz
also more rs3 po up on audi used page , all over 70k haha

Looks like.the only way to get one will.be ordering

Lol he’s threatening to keep it now serves him right for trying to sell it at a high mark up.

06a94bdd5cc0fa521108e0aefe235aaf.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, billymc92, RS03??? and 3 others
Lol rich coming from you
This stops here I'm afraid chaps.
It may be Christmas but that is no excuse to just continue with these tit for tat replies from numerous posters.
Let's back to the original theme or similar subject matter of the thread or it will be deleted and stand in the corner points for some.

Last edited:
Reactions: kg_rs3, Jcbmally and Pinky1959
Lol he’s threatening to keep it now serves him right for trying to sell it at a high mark up.

06a94bdd5cc0fa521108e0aefe235aaf.jpg

Oh no, please don’t keep it, sell it to me for £75k+

• Haha
Reactions: Alexlfc17, Daggerit, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Oh no, please don’t keep it, sell it to me for £75k+

They don’t seem to grasp that if they’d probably stuck say 5K on the list price that maybe they would’ve had interest.
Hence we are now seeing reductions weekly in selling prices.
The more into the new year they leave them at those prices the less likely they’ll get a buyer, new RS3’s are slowly coming through, and we’ve still the P word going on in most countries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
I can't help to think of the "saving" I've made when I see those prices compared to my purchase price.

So did any actually sell at those inflated prices though?

Reactions: ZB1
They don’t seem to grasp that if they’d probably stuck say 5K on the list price that maybe they would’ve had interest.
Hence we are now seeing reductions weekly in selling prices.
The more into the new year they leave them at those prices the less likely they’ll get a buyer, new RS3’s are slowly coming through, and we’ve still the P word going on in most countries.

If I remember right the first LE that came up for sale went up for £65k and sold within a day to Easy car credit of Halifax they went on to price
the car at 77k and a month or so on its at £71,950 .

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
If I remember right the first LE that came up for sale went up for £65k and sold within a day to Easy car credit of Halifax they went on to price
the car at 77k and a month or so on its at £71,950 .

Yes and the same car is still being touted on FB groups.
The seller is getting that much stick in the comments that he turned them off
c5708f7bd138694524e6e8e03f49c9d4.png

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
As you Guys say, it’s the degree is pi## taking with the mark up that grates isn’t it. A few grand fair enough but £10k to £20k is just obscene!

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
To quote: "72k and it has the steering wheel from my yacht"

I'm now in the bin LOOOOOOL

Reactions: Stu-27, Snake Pliskin, Mastachaz and 1 other person
I can't help to think of the "saving" I've made when I see those prices compared to my purchase price.

So did any actually sell at those inflated prices though?
Not sure on others but I’ve been offered 68-70k about 5 times since I bought mine, love it too much to sell though - I think it’s still the only green customer car in the uk :laughing:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Pinky1959 and Snake Pliskin
It really isnt that simple though, we used to do a lot of work on Porsche, we did a real nice conversion for Turbo 2 at around 440hp (Cams and Turbo) and a curve like the RS3 with lots of area underneath it
A competitor also used the dyno in 'our' building and came flying in waving a sheet of dyno paper for their similar car at 510 hp, problem was their power curve was more like climbing up a ski jump, nothing untill about 5000rpm then a huge spike and straight back down, needless to say our car with 70 hp less just destroyed it full stop
This is a nice curve :) but just imagine 'where' the torque curve would be if they hadnt of chopped the top off within the ecu, Take this power curve with a better launch control and perhaps better power management between the two axles and who knows?
View attachment 247638

It would be good to see some traces of the 8v vs 8y to see how area under the curve compares…

Presume the weight differences between the two are negligible?

Reactions: Mike.46
Status
Not open for further replies.