Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jassyo06 I know its a S3 but what blue is this - sepang ?

Blue pic

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Mr Freeze

Man that Python Yellow is gorgeous. Thinking of moving to an RS3 after I'm over my B8.5 S5. I've got a Daytona car now, and I really do like how Daytona looks on the new RS3.. but that yellow is something else. Absolutely gorgeous, and it stands out bigtime!

Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
No pics yet of anything right hand drive or Pan Roof equiped

Not quite true, I posted photos of a black RHD Launch Edition a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: johnmv55, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Daytona is looking best from the pics I’ve seen so far…

Reactions: johnmv55, 3vans, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
There is different brands of PPF prices and quality varies ...most good PPF installers use Xpel but even that has various types...prices going up etc etc you wont regret it if you go with it.....especially in such a fast car as the RS3 buy yourself a machine polishing kit as well....hint at the Mrs before Xmas....lol

My quote was based on a supplier who users either suntek ultra or premium shield elite SH… both of which mean nothing to me whereas xpel I have heard of before….

Either of those worth the price (£1770 quoted)?

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
My quote was based on a supplier who users either suntek ultra or premium shield elite SH… both of which mean nothing to me whereas xpel I have heard of before….

I’ve heard of Suntek before but really can’t comment on which one ‘should’ be worth more money.

Maybe worth ringing around a few places for quotes and play them off each other a bit?

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Keano04
E61C3FF5 FE38 4E83 845E 05332A3468D1
19F4A65E 2961 46B2 9308 9DDEA6E77B16

Reactions: Pinky1959, Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and 2 others

That price is in Xpel territory mate so bonnet,bumper,front wings,headlamps.....ye really don't need anything else i'd say ppf guys will be a bit quieter with work come the winter..........?? so i'd shop about a bit for a Xpel covering

Here is a better insight to ppf from a installer l got quote from

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211014-181835_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211014-181835_Chrome.jpg
    732.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20211014-181848_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211014-181848_Chrome.jpg
    725.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20211014-181908_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211014-181908_Chrome.jpg
    574.9 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Keano04
@jassyo06 I know its a S3 but what blue is this - sepang ?

View attachment 244434
l am sure that photo has been taken at the Audi forum building in Neckarslum so it could well be Ultra....they showcase cars there that are part of the Audi exclusive program,,,,exclusive paint colours/interiors or cars with both

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Not quite true, I posted photos of a black RHD Launch Edition a while back.

No pics yet of anything right hand drive or Pan Roof equiped

Was going to say daggerit posted a RHD black model. Was the first one I had seen.
4cd0212394f3dd6f6d37b35c94a904f5.jpg

Reactions: Daggerit and Keano04
Here is a better insight to ppf from a installer l got quote from

Is he talking about Xpel? A friend got his RSQ3 (and his three Ducatis) done from the same guy I’m going to and you can’t even tell the film is on it. The surface has no orange peel and he modified the templates to his own spec so the edges are all tucked under as well. Really good job.

Reactions: Jassyo06
That price is in Xpel territory mate so bonnet,bumper,front wings,headlamps.....ye really don't need anything else i'd say ppf guys will be a bit quieter with work come the winter..........?? so i'd shop about a bit for a Xpel covering

Found this for what it’s worth…

Is he talking about Xpel? A friend got his RSQ3 (and his three Ducatis) done from the same guy I’m going to and you can’t even tell the film is on it. The surface has no orange peel and he modified the templates to his own spec so the edges are all tucked under as well. Really good job.

Yes l think he was trying to cover all bases......xpel/all ppf is very similar to car/glass window tinting there are always pin sized air pockets after application then after a few weeks vanish which on a black paint could be very noticeable

Reactions: NevMan and Daggerit
Daytona is looking best from the pics I’ve seen so far…
I'm taking the time to look around and see what else is available, just been to see this in Daytona, looks absolutely stunning, but some of that may be down to the wheels

Attachments

• 82f413bafda947f09f71fb15c4d01e6e.jpg
    82f413bafda947f09f71fb15c4d01e6e.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 2 others
Yes l think he was trying to cover all bases......xpel/all ppf is very similar to car/glass window tinting there are always pin sized air pockets after application then after a few weeks vanish which on a black paint could be very noticeable

That’s fair enough if he’s just trying to make sure he keeps himself covered.

I’ll just reiterate to anyone that wants PPF that with a good installer you’re unlikely to even notice it’s on the car.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and NevMan
I'm taking the time to look around and see what else is available, just been to see this in Daytona, looks absolutely stunning, but some of that may be down to the wheels

I do like the bigger size of the 4 it’s just a shame the 6 pot doesn’t excite like the 5 pot does.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 2 others
I think you and Snoop Dog aka... Mans best friend would be happier in a RS4 mate why? more space better interior materials and more comfortable than a RS3 of which from memory have not the most comfortable suspension in any magnetic damper mode...you might just have to sacrifice that semi autonomous cruise control option though which is a costly option ie part of the DAP or a Vorsprung model

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
I do like the bigger size of the 4 it’s just a shame the 6 pot doesn’t excite like the 5 pot does.

Porsche engine as well......but it's torque curve is what this engine is all about...so the Tubers...say

Reactions: NevMan
I think you and Snoop Dog aka... Mans best friend would be happier in a RS4 mate why? more space better interior materials and more comfortable than a RS3 of which from memory have not the most comfortable suspension in any magnetic damper mode...you might just have to sacrifice that semi autonomous cruise control option though which is a costly option ie part of the DAP or a Vorsprung model
Thats one of the issues and something that I really like, I went down M6 the other day around Stafford, 60mph average cameras, ACC an absolute god send.
ACC only an option on RS4 Carbon and std on Vorsprung (IIRC) however it's more common on pre face lift, Dog is fine in Golf, just slightly less headroom in RS3 SB, he'll be fine in RS3 :)

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
That covid really did ****** up yer Retina's...mate lol
I'am not taking colour advice from someone who bought a Turbo blue Audi :laughing:
Pictures can lie so I will hold judgment until I see it in person but from the pics it doesn't look too bad .
ideally I would have my next car in blue of some sort as its my favourite colour but not Turbo ;)

Kemora looking a lot like Nardo these days in some lights lol

Those wheels are the standard wheel for the Vorsprung S3 they do look nice imo

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan

A 21 plate RS4 flew past me the other day it was either Merlin Purple or Ventian Purple. Looked and sounded great. Must of had some exhaust work done to I'm guessing.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
I don't like the sound of that the Rs3 suspension not being comfortable ? I hate crashy suspensions it is the reason I sold my Golf R years back within 4 months as it had 19's and no DCC what an expensive mistake that was .

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Status
Not open for further replies.