Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The black car I drove is a real ‘Frankenstein’ spec though.
Mustakim the sales guy said he’s never seen Audi build cars like this.

061abb07b9706a60e82984258f5b0fb4.jpg

e4d95d0ac0bf225c111aa29225ac7661.jpg

cda3b7231eb18c16311bd9b202794de0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d be more than happy with that spec to be fair.

Reactions: pburv, Mr Freeze, NevMan and 1 other person
Am sold your word is good enough for me ...i'll tell Audi Brighton not cancel my order for the TTRS Vorsprung...lol

It’s got it’s bad points, those dash vents I still don’t like.
Mythos black with the Ali bits and those wheels works well in the flesh, headlights and grill blend nicely, but after owning a Mythos PFL, never again for me.

There’s a Kemora SB due in to them in 2 weeks so he’s going to email me to view it, am still undecided on colour at the mo.

He did say, standard / Carbon orders will be April delivery if ordered now.
Vorsprung would be June / July depending on colour choice.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
Deposit has been taken for that Kemora Launch Edition I posted in here before. Guy took delivery this afternoon and already flipped it :sadlike::sadlike:

• Wow
Reactions: Jcbmally
I’d be more than happy with that spec to be fair.

Same here apart from no Pano Roof or B&O sound system.

But……….. what hasn’t been mentioned here I think, Audi are delivering Cars with Sonos systems built in as they are the new audio company of choice that Audi have partnered with.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan, Jcbmally and 1 other person
  • Haha
Same here apart from no Pano Roof or B&O sound system.

But……….. what hasn’t been mentioned here I think, Audi are delivering Cars with Sonos systems built in as they are the new audio company of choice that Audi have partnered with.

Of the changes to the specs Audi seem to be doing (or removing), if mine turned up with Sonos in place of B&O, I would be more than happy :icon thumright:

Reactions: pburv, 8YARWY, Jcbmally and 1 other person
People talking about the differences got me interested so just been back on the configurator to see what the actual differences are between Carbon and Vorsprung.
£3100 more for the Vorpsrung which gets you adaptive suspension, pan roof, driver assistance pack (ACA, TSR, HUD) electric tailgate, top speed increase, electric front seats with 4 way lumbar support, advanced key, B&O 3D sound system and 360 cameras (now replaced with reversing camera).
The last 3 you pay £1195 for in the C&S pack on the carbon. Adaptive suspension £960 and DAP £1380.
So applying some questionable maths and you're getting a pan roof, electric seats, electric tailgate and top speed increase for -£435 :icon thumright:
Edit: this doesn't include the £500 discount because 360 cameras have gone, so difference now is £2600.

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
People talking about the differences got me interested so just been back on the configurator to see what the actual differences are between Carbon and Vorsprung.
£3100 more for the Vorpsrung which gets you adaptive suspension, pan roof, driver assistance pack (ACA, TSR, HUD) electric tailgate, top speed increase, electric front seats with 4 way lumbar support, advanced key, B&O 3D sound system and 360 cameras (now replaced with reversing camera).
The last 3 you pay £1195 for in the C&S pack on the carbon. Adaptive suspension £960 and DAP £1380.
So applying some questionable maths and you're getting a pan roof, electric seats, electric tailgate and top speed increase for -£435 :icon thumright:

What was strange today was the sales guy couldn’t say that electric tailgate was not on all models.
No info on the configurator (dealer tool) and he said SLine A3’s are coming through with electric tailgates.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jcbmally
What was strange today was the sales guy couldn’t say that electric tailgate was not on all models.
No info on the configurator (dealer tool) and he said SLine A3’s are coming through with electric tailgates.

Lol yeah what I wrote is assuming the configurator is right which it probably isn't :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: 8YARWY
Lol yeah what I wrote is assuming the configurator is right which it probably isn't :tearsofjoy:

He said LE are not guaranteed to have the all singing / dancing spec that people think.
A lot is being binned.

The Black one I drove today was a LE.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and mb127
He said LE are not guaranteed to have the all singing / dancing spec that people think.
A lot is being binned.

Surely not. If it’s an LE then it’s missing most of the stuff it should have?

Red callipers, wheels, pan roof, black trim, leather seats, etc. That’s a lot of kit missing, imagine the discount you’d get on that ‘LE’.

• Haha
Reactions: johnmv55 and Jcbmally
Edit: this doesn't include the £500 discount because 360 cameras have gone, so difference now is £2600.
Edit. Spot on :icon thumright:

Reactions: mb127 and Daggerit
Front track has defo been tweaked and alloys to caliper clearance is a lot bigger with the 9J wheel.
ddc8925bfb4cb8f5e5d0721b5cd6206f.jpg

c89ca032e91543ff90f6f8b66092ae53.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
Surely not. If it’s an LE then it’s missing most of the stuff it should have?

Red callipers, wheels, pan roof, black trim, leather seats, etc. That’s a lot of kit missing, imagine the discount you’d get on that ‘LE’.

True and I asked that, he said Audi are building LE Frankenstein cars.
The black one is £54800

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
The black one is £54800

I wonder if they’re just calling the first non customer cars they get LE cars, rather than them actually being LE spec? Don’t know but it’s completely random kit they seem to be putting on the cars at the moment.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
A lot is being binned.

I got told it wasn't a LE when I went in :laughing:

Reactions: 8YARWY and Daggerit
Lol it appears he’s a car dealer

Big shame the first customer LE was flipped like that. Collected and flipped in the same day.
And they stated they sold it within a few minutes of listing ! Crazy stuff

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jcbmally
Maybe they will get round it calling them LC cars instead (Launch Cars) :whistle2:

Reactions: pburv, Daggerit and 8YARWY
I got told it wasn't a LE when I went in :laughing:

Was strange I thought because Audi led people to believe these would be the 1st ones into the dealers

Reactions: pburv, Daggerit, Jcbmally and 1 other person
It is a strange one .
Do you think that spec is worth £54800 ?

I think if someone was after a black one and could accept no Pano Roof / B&O then yes.

The wheels do actually suit the rest of the car, and seem bigger than they are.

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Lol it started chucking it down so I got it wet

4b2d725e661a52a71b4a60680f65eb42.jpg

6abc5116eeb1d0282e7a7e60c17b8b96.jpg

31148d1ace64011fd4cd1427231422a1.jpg

4ac853f579df97b1048062425ff97317.jpg

Hey mate is that a standard car with some spec?

Also does launch edition have a pan roof or is that only Vorsprung ?

Reactions: NevMan
Hey mate is that a standard car with some spec?

Also does launch edition have a pan roof or is that only Vorsprung ?

I was told it is a Frankenstein launch edition.
Audi are struggling with parts so are building them with whatever they can.

Spec is in the pictures above.

You don't even get C+S on the carbon .
For £2600 extra you get C+S , Adaptive suspension , HUD , Power Tailgate , Pan Roof , 174 mph Top speed for what its worth and that's off the top of my head .
So its well worth it imo
You do get C&S on the Carbon Edition... it's the only option I went for.

Yeah it’s just the phone box lite on all these initial shipping cars that’s really winding me up lol.

Reactions: Keano04
The black one is £54800

Audi dealers have no clue what’s going on so I would take what that sales guy said with a pinch of salt…

It appears more likely that that Audi are getting some random spec cars to dealers ASAP, but that the LE cars are what they are supposed to have (bar potentially the phone box lite) but are following on after, as was suggested earlier in this thread.

If my Le comes with some random spec I will be flipping it and joining the back of the queue by ordering now for an estimated delivery in time for it to be the facelift!!

Edit: just saw the spec you posted earlier and that is not a LE car. Model name should include “Launch Edition” but it’s missing from that model list on the spec you provided - sigh of relief from me!!

fa3fc4013f5429efd38303894e890bfc.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan
Audi dealers have no clue what’s going on so I would take what that sales guy said with a pinch of salt…

It appears more likely that that Audi are getting some random spec cars to dealers ASAP, but that the LE cars are what they are supposed to have (bar potentially the phone box lite) but are following on after, as was suggested earlier in this thread.

If my Le comes with some random spec I will be flipping it and joining the back of the queue by ordering now for an estimated delivery in time for it to be the facelift!!

Don’t care to be honest.
I’m not here to argue the toss about who’s right or wrong re spec, it is what it is.

For me now it’s about colour choice, the round wheel after seeing one in another car is acceptable.

Reactions: pburv, cooperp, Daggerit and 1 other person
Does LE come with a pano roof

Can someone tell me as things stand now what is the difference between an LE and a Vorsprung?

The things that struck me from the drive…

Noise inside, sounds great to me, totally different to mine, deep bassy tones and loud

The way it shuffled the power when coming around that corner was so weird / surprising, I can see it would be a great drive on the back roads if it handles like that.

Yes, Golf R does that very well but not in normal modes, you need to select ESC Sport or ESC OFF, it's a great feeling having the Quattro system that rockets you around the corner instead of pushing the car straight on :)

Last edited:
So it really is just an electric boot lid at the moment and some black Audi rings

Status
Not open for further replies.