Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinstorm

Reaction score
Now some of us have our order numbers is there a way to track it without asking Audi chat?

I know with my current car I could login and add it and we can track it from there but I can't see that option anymore; and I did see on the tracking thread it says the system is down.

Reactions: Add_Profile
it's been a while since I owned an Audi (2012 and 2014 S3) but isn't there a specific link to the tracker or can it only be done via your account?

It's been six years since I started this madness so I don't remember where it is.

I asked my dealer to try to find out if you can still track like before.

It's been six years since I started this madness so I don't remember where it is.

I asked my dealer to try to find out if you can still track like before.
Your car will arrive before they get back to you

• Haha
Reactions: Keano04, D0C, NevMan and 3 others
The tracker for new orders hasn't worked for a long time so good luck.

• Angry
Reactions: NevMan and 3vans
How did you add cars before? I wonder if there is a way around it.

How did you add cars before? I wonder if there is a way around it.
You logged into myAudi on the Audi UK website and input your order number into the orders and went from there but as I said it hasn't worked in a long time.

That is a real shame the tracker is gone - it makes no sense to remove it.

I was just checking my current car order details - Ordered 17th August 2017 and collected February 8th 2018.

Ironically this looks like it could be pretty much identical in terms of time to delivery!

That is a real shame the tracker is gone - it makes no sense to remove it.

I was just checking my current car order details - Ordered 17th August 2017 and collected February 8th 2018.

Ironically this looks like it could be pretty much identical in terms of time to delivery!

Jeez, Audi have never really been very good on build times have they. So 6 months then, what this time?

Jeez, Audi have never really been very good on build times have they. So 6 months then, what this time?
When I ordered by 8v RS3, mid-Dec 2019, it was delivered to showroom 2 days before the March Lockdown (4 months) and then was unable to pick up till last week in June, once lockdown lifted for this sector.
Appointment, at the showroom this morning, just got back, car ordered, Vorsprung Edition. Enquired why the reasons for the limited and locked options presently, not much of a response apart from possibly easing the build process to simple.
Hope to hear the allocated build week in couple of weeks for my order. Apparently, I am the fourth confirmed order. Also did request a call, when the Launch edition Demo car is in the showroom, which will give some feel on delivery timescales.

Reactions: NevMan, 3vans and Snake Pliskin
When I ordered by 8v RS3, mid-Dec 2019, it was delivered to showroom 2 days before the March Lockdown (4 months) and then was unable to pick up till last week in June, once lockdown lifted for this sector.
Appointment, at the showroom this morning, just got back, car ordered, Vorsprung Edition. Enquired why the reasons for the limited and locked options presently, not much of a response apart from possibly easing the build process to simple.
Hope to hear the allocated build week in couple of weeks for my order. Apparently, I am the fourth confirmed order. Also did request a call, when the Launch edition Demo car is in the showroom, which will give some feel on delivery timescales.
Don’t get your hopes up on seeing it before mid Jan. I saw an inside Audi email that stated Vorsprung trims wouldn’t start build to week 48 at the earliest and to ‘manage customer expectations’.

Reactions: UncleRick and NevMan
Don’t get your hopes up on seeing it before mid Jan. I saw an inside Audi email that stated Vorsprung trims wouldn’t start build to week 48 at the earliest and to ‘manage customer expectations’.
Yep.. suspect, they will be focussing mainly on the Launch editions first as a priority and an indication to me the general build of RS3's have started.

Reactions: NevMan
I suppose they do need to get the cars out there to dealers etc, but imagine sitting in/test driving an edition 1 then going to place an order and the dealer goes "yeah.. about that.."

• Haha
Reactions: AndyVWR, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 1 other person
When I ordered mine through MSG / Lincoln Audi I was quoted March 2022 for Vorsprung but this is to be confirmed when I get a build slot allocated. I’m hoping it will be earlier but I’m not holding my breath!.
I was told (not sure how true it is) Audi UK wait for a batch of orders 100+ before submitting to Germany - I guess for a run of RHD vehicles on the line. So come on get your orders in!!

Reactions: UncleRick, Snake Pliskin, RS03??? and 1 other person
I suppose they do need to get the cars out there to dealers etc, but imagine sitting in/test driving an edition 1 then going to place an order and the dealer goes "yeah.. about that.."

That is going to be an awkward conversation. Gotta feel for the sales people. They just want to (up) sell so can only really say Vorsprung, but as you say….unfortunately you cannot get that combination

When I ordered mine through MSG / Lincoln Audi I was quoted March 2022 for Vorsprung but this is to be confirmed when I get a build slot allocated. I’m hoping it will be earlier but I’m not holding my breath!.
I was told (not sure how true it is) Audi UK wait for a batch of orders 100+ before submitting to Germany - I guess for a run of RHD vehicles on the line. So come on get your orders in!!
With +96 RHD Launch Editions as a starter, few who have put the orders in may be we over the 100+, can only hope.....

Reactions: 3vans and Snake Pliskin

what / who is MSG ?

Motor Source Group - sell to key workers, and forces etc

Or at least are brokers that get big discounts from manufacturers

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
As has been posted, serious discounts:

0e605d7230f5b28c165213e4f8580de1.png

Reactions: Daggerit and 3vans
As has been posted, serious discounts:

0e605d7230f5b28c165213e4f8580de1.png

It would be interesting to quote these discounts to the Dealers & see what they say when they claim no discounts to Jo Public.

It would be interesting to quote these discounts to the Dealers & see what they say when they claim no discounts to Jo Public.
I sent it to my dealer, in particular my salesman who I have used time and time again because I know there's no BS - straight to the point and as much discount as he can give me and he said: "Our directive is 0% for the Retail sales team (my hunch is they’ll be offering people free ‘paint’), and we are 3% in Fleet – it’s none of our business but why on earth would that dealer group go straight in at 9% on a car that is going to be built in super limited numbers – but that’s up to them I guess.."

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
These discounts are annoying for those of us not eligible. From a dealer perspective they could just say the reason is because they are military, NHS etc...

I am really not happy the order tracker isn't available anymore. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be,

It made checking the status of my car super easy and honestly made the wait less frustrating as I could check at any moment.
Now there could 6-7 month wait and I won't know what is happening unless messaging Audi chat or phoning which is far more hassle than loading a website/app.

From my memory it typically takes a few days for the factory to accept the order. Then the order status is accepted by factory.
Then you have to wait weeks; maybe months before it updates with an estimated build week.

That build week could then be another 3 months later... and then around another 3 weeks to get from the factory to the UK.

If I was to estimate timelines right now (and if anyone recalls their timeline let us know here...)

(Educated Guesses)

Factory acceptance next week.
Build week appears in November (on the basis we know Vorsprung builds start W48; this could be start or end of month who knows!)
Build week ends up being W4 2022
Builds take 3-5 days depending on quality control
Ships W5 2022
Dealer arrives W8 2022

OF course if you have ordered a different trim it will be faster; also I think we all hope that maybe ALL our build weeks are in W48 as we were fast in which case maybe just before New Year we might get ours cars.

Reactions: 3vans
I ordered a tts vorsprung early January and l got a weakly update on the cars production/delivery progress via Grimsby Audi a JCT600 franchise ergo buy from JCT600 Audi

Reactions: 3vans and NevMan
I ordered a tts vorsprung early January and l got a weakly update on the cars production/delivery progress via Grimsby Audi a JCT600 franchise ergo buy from JCT600 Audi
What was the time scale on that from order to delivery?

Here is my order status and dates for my 2018 RS3; this is pre-pandemic but still took along time.

Order Status 00 - Welcome
Order Status 10 - Order Received
Order Status 20 - Preparation
Order Status 21 - Panel Shop
Order Status 22 - Paint Shop
Order Status 23 - Assembly
Order Status 24 - Quality Control
Order Status 30 - 'Your Audi has left Ingolstadt'
Order Status 39 - 'Your Audi is in the UK'
Order Status 40 - Ready for transport to the dealer (Website displays "Your new Audi is on its way to <DEALER>")
Order Status 60 - Left the UK Port on the way to the dealer (Website displays "Your new Audi is on its way to <DEALER>")
Order Status 70 - Arrived at dealer - Call to make your collection plans

{"orderStatus":"70","statusDate":"2018-02-08T01:02:34+0000"} - At dealer
{"orderStatus":"40","statusDate":"2018-01-30T01:02:19+0000"} - On the way
{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2018-01-28T01:02:31+0000"} - In UK
{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2018-01-19T01:01:58+0000"} - Left Factory
{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2018-01-15T00:00:00+0000"} - Quality Control
{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2018-01-13T00:00:00+0000"} - Assembly
{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2018-01-12T00:00:00+0000"} - Paint Shop
{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2018-01-11T00:00:00+0000"} - Panel Shop
{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2017-12-08T01:01:34+0000"} - Build Week confirmed - 2 months after last stage
{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2017-10-31T01:01:35+0000"} - Estimate Build Week Given - 2 months after last stage
{"orderStatus":"00","statusDate":"2017-08-26T01:10:48+0100"} - Accepted by Factory - 9 Days later
Ordered 17th August

Of course we can't now see these codes so we have to contact the dealer or Audi chat.

Reactions: kayemill
Here is my order status and dates for my 2018 RS3; this is pre-pandemic but still took along time.

Order Status 00 - Welcome
Order Status 10 - Order Received
Order Status 20 - Preparation
Order Status 21 - Panel Shop
Order Status 22 - Paint Shop
Order Status 23 - Assembly
Order Status 24 - Quality Control
Order Status 30 - 'Your Audi has left Ingolstadt'
Order Status 39 - 'Your Audi is in the UK'
Order Status 40 - Ready for transport to the dealer (Website displays "Your new Audi is on its way to <DEALER>")
Order Status 60 - Left the UK Port on the way to the dealer (Website displays "Your new Audi is on its way to <DEALER>")
Order Status 70 - Arrived at dealer - Call to make your collection plans

{"orderStatus":"70","statusDate":"2018-02-08T01:02:34+0000"} - At dealer
{"orderStatus":"40","statusDate":"2018-01-30T01:02:19+0000"} - On the way
{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2018-01-28T01:02:31+0000"} - In UK
{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2018-01-19T01:01:58+0000"} - Left Factory
{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2018-01-15T00:00:00+0000"} - Quality Control
{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2018-01-13T00:00:00+0000"} - Assembly
{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2018-01-12T00:00:00+0000"} - Paint Shop
{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2018-01-11T00:00:00+0000"} - Panel Shop
{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2017-12-08T01:01:34+0000"} - Build Week confirmed - 2 months after last stage
{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2017-10-31T01:01:35+0000"} - Estimate Build Week Given - 2 months after last stage
{"orderStatus":"00","statusDate":"2017-08-26T01:10:48+0100"} - Accepted by Factory - 9 Days later
Ordered 17th August

Of course we can't now see these codes so we have to contact the dealer or Audi chat.
Don't hold your breath....l really don't think you/us all realize how dreadful Audi/A3/S3/RS3 models have been affected by whatever the reasons for these delays ....its not worth thinking about getting the car this side xmas...have this train of thought and you'll not be let down its also been widely spread that Audi and the likes will temporarily stop taking new car orders soon...your RS3 won't jump the queue over any other model....there is a huge backlog of existing cars

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Yes, just a quick browse through the 8Y threads, punters that ordered back in Feb/Mar and still waiting, so even without order numbers yet…madness

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Yes, just a quick browse through the 8Y threads, punters that ordered back in Feb/Mar and still waiting, so even without order numbers yet…madness

One example, but clearly this bloke very unlucky punter

adc646859e24011edb6d1647665814e6.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06
One example, but clearly this bloke very unlucky punter

adc646859e24011edb6d1647665814e6.jpg

This sounds like a bad dealer to me - you should have an order number - that is how you know it has been sent to the factory.

However dealers have allocations of cars and they have a limit on the number they can order a month; this number is unknown to us but if you place an order and they have used the allocation up then you won’t get an order number. And the factory won’t be doing anything with your order because it doesn’t exist.

That is why I absolutely loved the online tracker - as you can see the order exists - and that is why I would absolutely make sure that you check your order number with Audi support/chat to make sure it exists and is in the system.

I really dislike the fact we can check and see our orders ourselves when it was possible before. The order page showed your car spec and options and status so you could see everything was correct as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5pot and NevMan
This sounds like a bad dealer to me - you should have an order number - that is how you know it has been sent to the factory.

However dealers have allocations of cars and they have a limit on the number they can order a month; this number is unknown to us but if you place an order and they have used the allocation up then you won’t get an order number. And the factory won’t be doing anything with your order because it doesn’t exist.

That is why I absolutely loved the online tracker - as you can see the order exists - and that is why I would absolutely make sure that you check your order number with Audi support/chat to make sure it exists and is in the system.

I really dislike the fact we can check and see our orders ourselves when it was possible before. The order page showed your car spec and options and status so you could see everything was correct as well.
Even if your car has been ordered Status...10 doesn't mean it's been given a build slot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210814-163558_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814-163558_Chrome.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: NevMan
Even if your car has been ordered Status...10 doesn't mean it's been given a build slot
I couldn't find an order status guide so that was based off my memory - but that means then that the order took 2 months to get accepted at the factory.

Really this doesn't change anything as it is going to take months as we all know but the shame is that we can't track it easily online.

Ditto with my S3 bought from JCT Sheffield in 2018 and delivered in 2019.

I got a call stating when the key stages had been reached. For the RS3, so far so good.

I went on a call-back waiting list 4 weeks ago, got a call Monday last week to say prices were live to them Tuesday, they called to quote Tuesday, I was in the dealers Wednesday putting a deposit down, all before 'launch' Thursday.

Exceptional service and communication again.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan, 3vans and 1 other person
Ditto with my S3 bought from JCT Sheffield in 2018 and delivered in 2019.

I got a call stating when the key stages had been reached. For the RS3, so far so good.

I went on a call-back waiting list 4 weeks ago, got a call Monday last week to say prices were live to them Tuesday, they called to quote Tuesday, I was in the dealers Wednesday putting a deposit down, all before 'launch' Thursday.

Exceptional service and communication again.
Excellent yup l agree.... think they're a family owned/run franchise l would defo buy from them again....

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
JCT 600 is who I have dealt with since 2008 ... absolutely brilliant.

Reactions: RSt3ve, Mr Freeze and NevMan
The issue isn’t the ordering phase - it’s knowing what’s happening over months and months! And the online tracker was a great way.
Maybe I’m just extra impatient!

Excellent yup l agree.... think they're a family owned/run franchise l would defo buy from them again....
Yes JCT600 are a Bradford based company started many years ago by Jack Tordoff.....hence the name

Reactions: Jassyo06
When i ordered my S3 sportback, i took delivery on March 2014. I am pretty sure it took 9 months as it was a new version and very popular.

When i ordered my Rs3 on July 30th 2017 (I think) I took delivery on 30th Oct 2017, damn quick given it was a new version/toatlly new model as 1st saloon variant and the no will power number of options!

When i ordered my S3 sportback, i took delivery on March 2014. I am pretty sure it took 9 months as it was a new version and very popular.

When i ordered my Rs3 on July 30th 2017 (I think) I took delivery on 30th Oct 2017, damn quick given it was a new version/toatlly new model as 1st saloon variant and the no will power number of options!
It seems to me that your dealer probably already had an order in for the RS3 and they changed the spec to what you wanted which is why it was so fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.