Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There appears to be quite a few Golf (in general not just R and GTI) owners not happy with the new info layout and software bugs, anything from nav freezing/car not overtaking when ACC in use, set speeds switching between mph/kph and numerous Climate issues.

But oddly it's not all cars so not totally software related.

Someone also complaining of car headlights switching on and off in his drive which turned out to be he had set 'turn lights on when approaching car' and I imagine his key was boardering on the activation point so maybe some faults are user finger trouble

Begs the question how similar is the 8y system going to be to that in the golf?

Hopefully the Audi system will not be a glitchy nightmare!

Begs the question how similar is the 8y system going to be to that in the golf?

Hopefully the Audi system will not be a glitchy nightmare!
You only have to look on the 8y A3/S3 forum there's faults galore with the new 8y

Reactions: Jassyo06
You only have to look on the 8y A3/S3 forum there's faults galore with the new 8y

Makes sense. I had been burying my head in the sand a little by not venturing into that area of the forum

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Jassyo06, 3vans, Stu-27 and 1 other person
My order was also accepted at the Factory first week in Sept (Vorsprung SB in Tango) still not heard anything else though :(
My agent strung me along then,
told me that no vorsprung orders would be accepted until September.

Im only getting my information from the broker i’m using for the car (i’m one of those military brokerage cars), so i had their official acceptance on 13th August. That may have been different to the factory acceptance, i have no idea. All i know is i have an Order Number and no additional information, like everyone else.

Reactions: Rs31981
Im only getting my information from the broker i’m using for the car (i’m one of those military brokerage cars), so i had their official acceptance on 13th August. That may have been different to the factory acceptance, i have no idea. All i know is i have an Order Number and no additional information, like everyone else.
I was told my order had been 'accepted by the Factory'........................what does that exactly mean? and why would they not accept an order?

Reactions: NevMan and Rs31981
I sold my golf r on 11th of August and ordered the RS3 the same day before the online configurator was up and running, I was told my order was processed and was first in the queue as I was first to order, but only got accepted by the factory on the 14th of September.

I was told my order had been 'accepted by the Factory'........................what does that exactly mean? and why would they not accept an order?

I suppose if they cannot fulfil to spec, ie options you want…who knows

BMW have suspended all new orders of 128ti's due to supply shortages also. People on the group there have been waiting close to a year.

Exactly what it says Your order has been received by Audi and your car will get a build date as soon as one is available.....also known as Status 10

Makes sense. I had been burying my head in the sand a little by not venturing into that area of the forum

A visit to the A3/s3 delivery lead times may give you a wake up call....but reading through the latest posts things have slightly improved but still a bit stagnant as far customers getting their cars....things can only improve 2021 has been a terrible year IN GENERAL so roll on 2022 by the way the normal lead time for a factory order is around 4 months and 5/6 months for car ordered in a exclusive paint....exclusive painted car is around 9 months ATM

I sold my golf r on 11th of August and ordered the RS3 the same day before the online configurator was up and running, I was told my order was processed and was first in the queue as I was first to order, but only got accepted by the factory on the 14th of September.
Thats odd, I placed my order and deposit on the 3rd Sept and it was accepted by the factory on the 7th

Reactions: Rs31981
A visit to the A3/s3 delivery lead times may give you a wake up call....but reading through the latest posts things have slightly improved but still a bit stagnant as far customers getting their cars....things can only improve 2021 has been a terrible year IN GENERAL so roll on 2022 by the way the normal lead time for a factory order is around 4 months and 5/6 months for car ordered in a exclusive paint....exclusive painted car is around 9 months ATM

Not sure you meant to quote my post?

My car had a confirmed build week of last week so I’m not quite in the same boat as many/most.

Just had an update from the Dealer ....

"The system has just updated and for some reason rolled the build back a considerable amount of time to week 21 of next year"

Brilliant just brilliant !
So won't start build until end of May 2022.
That really has pi**ed me off ,,,,,,,,,,, what a crock of $hi7 !
You other Guys better prepare yourself for similar updates :sign unfair:

@jassyo06 well it looks like you were right after all pal :grumpy:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: AndyVWR, Mr Freeze, 5pot and 2 others

"The system has just updated and for some reason rolled the build back a considerable amount of time to week 21 of next year"

I'm in the process of getting the order confirmed for my car so I'm curious when it'll be built... I was going to wait until January to order so I could have a September delivery but given the delays I decided to order now and it looks like it might've been the right choice! I hope that people end up getting their cars sooner than the current estimates but at the moment it's not looking all that likely unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: Snake Pliskin

Surely this can't be right.

Why release a model you know you cant build for that amount of time?

However that's a similar lead time I had on my current car. I waited 8 months for it. The difference with it was that I ordered it months after it was announced. I thought ordering early would make a difference. Maybe not!

Surely this can't be right.

Why release a model you know you cant build for that amount of time?

However that's a similar lead time I had on my current car. I waited 8 months for it. The difference with it was that I ordered it months after it was announced. I thought ordering early would make a difference. Maybe not!
I've emailed the Dealer back saying very similar.
Whilst I appreciate there are component shortages, moving from build end next month to end May next year wreaks of an error.
So I've asked him to speak to someone to verify the new date and at least come back with some reasoning for the magnitude of the delay and validate the length of delay as accurate.

Reactions: kayemill
I've emailed the Dealer back saying very similar.
Whilst I appreciate there are component shortages, moving from build end next month to end May next year wreaks of an error.
So I've asked him to speak to someone to verify the new date and at least come back with some reasoning for the magnitude of the delay and validate the length of delay as accurate.

That is a crazy long delay!!!

Dealers may be bearing the brunt of the factories (presumably) error in the coming days…

Very worrying.

Will be interested to hear what the justification is…

Isn't week BW22 the start of the new model year? If so BW 21 sounds like a placeholder, i.e. the last BW in the model year, so the factory is likely rejigging their schedules and the actual date might come forward or it might go back!

Maybe we'll get new options and a facelift before the first cars even roll out for customers! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Snake Pliskin

Sorry to hear this mate really am....hopefully the build dates will arrive earlier in 2022 which l do think will happen...so a guesstimate from me I'd say May delivery

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Daggerit
Sorry to hear this mate really am....hopefully the build dates will arrive earlier in 2022 which l do think will happen...so a guesstimate from me I'd say May delivery
cheers mate - we can but hope things will improve.
Delays of this magnitude must be hurting the Car companies themselves and Dealers - as they can't be making sales anywhere near targets ?
I get a delay - but why tell me it was build w/c 25th October a couple of weeks ago and then push it back 7 months ?

^ I think there's probably a lot of shuffling around of orders due to chipgate, It looks like being first, or early in the order books doesnt totally account for when you are likely to get your car.

It would be interesting/infuriating to know how they arrange and allocate the build slots though

^ I think there's probably a lot of shuffling around of orders due to chipgate, It looks like being first, or early in the order books doesnt totally account for when you are likely to get your car.

It would be interesting/infuriating to know how they arrange and allocate the build slots though
Press cars ie for the media haven't even mentioned in the youtubers fraternity this normally happens first then Joe public get their cars a few months later

It also makes a mockery of promotion events like they recently had at Munich.
Why even bother showing the cars there when customers won't get them until the middle of next year ?

Reactions: Jassyo06 and 3vans

That’s pi**ed me off too. I am wondering if I should have just bought something else, maybe used!
Only thing I would say is we can hope for an improvement. This is what my agent quoted 31/08 when I asked for an update. No BW given. ☹️
“Builds are an ETA. Audi are quoting 6-9 months from time of order. Build dates move forward and back constantly until it gets locked in. For example it could show build week 43 today then change to build week 52 tomorrow, then change to build week 25 2022 next week then move forward again the following week, all until the build week gets locked in by the factory.”

Last edited:
I wouldn't place too much credence on any build date given yet, especially one so far into the future. It's almost certainly going to move again. My guess is that once you've been given a build week they can't then remove it, so when it's delayed beyond what they can reasonably predict, they will default you to something way into the future pending a new date.

When I ordered I was told 6-9 months, so I'm resigned to not seeing my car until anytime between Feb and May 2022.

Reactions: 3vans and NevMan
Not sure you meant to quote my post?

My car had a confirmed build week of last week so I’m not quite in the same boat as many/most.

As per above comments, no build weeks are “guaranteed” until the build actually starts. Up to that point they can change things dramatically as seems to be the case.

Saw a post from Joe Achilles at Henley event with Audi UK Press, and said he will be driving the new RS3 “very soon”. My uneducated guess is they will build the press/launch edition cars and get them round the houses to get more orders in. If you are getting a launch edition you may be lucky and get yours this year

Unfortunate you guys have been pushed back - I'm waiting on my latest update coming through. I've been offered silly money for my S3 at the mo, I'm not letting it go until I know the RS3 is in build. I have another vehicle I can use but there's nothing wrong with the S3. Don't see the prices dropping any time soon either, will monitor it closely though.

As per above comments, no build weeks are “guaranteed” until the build actually starts. Up to that point they can change things dramatically as seems to be the case.

Saw a post from Joe Achilles at Henley event with Audi UK Press, and said he will be driving the new RS3 “very soon”. My uneducated guess is they will build the press/launch edition cars and get them round the houses to get more orders in. If you are getting a launch edition you may be lucky and get yours this year

Mine was a confirmed build week and has a different status to the estimated builds most are getting.

On all of my previous new build cars once I had a confirmed build week, it didn’t move. Granted they were vw rather than Audi but stage 2 was with the factory and that’s when you had estimated build weeks but stage 3 was confirmed build as they had all the parts etc and the build wouldn’t change. Stage 4 was actually building it but usually you skip straight to stage 5 as the build actually takes like 2 days a s the system didn’t keep up

Typically I would t expect any different here but with chip shortages that could impact it even yet - i do fear that even launch edition cars (like mine) are going to be pushed back…

No update from my dealer to confirm whether my car was actually built last week like it was supposed to have been though… we shall see in the next couple of days.

Reactions: NevMan
Mine was a confirmed build week and has a different status to the estimated builds most are getting.

On all of my previous new build cars once I had a confirmed build week, it didn’t move. Typically I would t expect any different here but with chip shortages that could impact it even yet - i do fear that even launch edition cars (like mine) are going to be pushed back…

No update from my dealer to confirm whether my car was actually built last week like it was supposed to have been though… we shall see in the next couple of days.
You should contact Audi with your order number and they let you know straight away.

Yeah they can send you a screenshot of the Audi Dealer order site which displays current build week and Original build week.
So the data is available instantly for your Dealer - once the system is up & running again.

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Unfortunate you guys have been pushed back - I'm waiting on my latest update coming through. I've been offered silly money for my S3 at the mo, I'm not letting it go until I know the RS3 is in build. I have another vehicle I can use but there's nothing wrong with the S3. Don't see the prices dropping any time soon either, will monitor it closely though.

Just be prepared for a huge build delay - as yours is a carbon saloon like mine, although I suspect it will be all models / variants.
Wouldn't surprise me if the UK is bottom of the list also and Euro cars are being given priority ... good old Brexit what a marvel that has been !

Reactions: 3vans, NevMan and Jassyo06
I tried but they said their system was down and to try later!!!

Tried again on the Audi chat and my cars status is “in production” so hopefully that’s just waiting to be updated as it was supposed to be built last week - it was my understanding build only takes a couple of days so would have thought it would be built by now.

Reactions: NevMan
Tried again on the Audi chat and my cars status is “in production” so hopefully that’s just waiting to be updated as it was supposed to be built last week - it was my understanding build only takes a couple of days so would have thought it would be built by now.
How do you get on the Audi chat? I usually use Twitter but can wait upto a day or two.

It also makes a mockery of promotion events like they recently had at Munich.
Why even bother showing the cars there when customers won't get them until the middle of next year ?
They’re still holding these events and showing the new rs3, check out my next post with new pics

Status
Not open for further replies.