2EF44CA4 6763 4C53 934B C5A0B0C7BA85
C6796EA2 6807 45BC 9D6A 6B4AF1073092
BB686FE8 FB81 4E7A A28C CAA720C13E5C
09F30433 8454 41C3 972E C3D0896D0C84
4B2D69CD E680 4D75 8DC1 07B184D26F4E
20E43F3B A465 471D A087 80FC169DC220
182D96BF 9262 4EDC BEF8 9D73AF6239ED

Reactions: 3vans, NevMan, Jassyo06 and 8 others
How do you get on the Audi chat? I usually use Twitter but can wait upto a day or two.

I went to the contact area and looked for ages but couldn’t find anything… then randomly a chat icon appeared bottom right of my screen so I used it.

It seems like it just appears after a while on the contact page…. So not easily found!!

Reactions: NevMan and HulkRS3
Just had an update from the Dealer ....

"The system has just updated and for some reason rolled the build back a considerable amount of time to week 21 of next year"

Brilliant just brilliant !
So won't start build until end of May 2022.
That really has pi**ed me off ,,,,,,,,,,, what a crock of $hi7 !
You other Guys better prepare yourself for similar updates :sign unfair:

@jassyo06 well it looks like you were right after all pal :grumpy:
Terrible news snake :sadlike:

• Sad
Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Terrible news snake :sadlike:

I know mate that was a body blow for sure and never anticipated a 7 month build adjustment.
Its certainly taken the shine off the experience.

• Sad
Reactions: NevMan, RS3ree and Mr Freeze
I know mate that was a body blow for sure and never anticipated a 7 month build adjustment.
Its certainly taken the shine off the experience.
Wow 7 months is a joke mate gutted for you .
To be honest I had an idea it would happen as there is no S3 Vorsprung's coming through at all and you could order them a while back .
Lets hope this gets adjusted again for the better

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan, RS3ree and 1 other person
All pretty grim reading. I ordered 4 weeks ago and the factory still haven’t confirmed my order. Dealer said none of his RS3 orders have been confirmed yet.

• Sad
Mine was a confirmed build week and has a different status to the estimated builds most are getting.

On all of my previous new build cars once I had a confirmed build week, it didn’t move. Granted they were vw rather than Audi but stage 2 was with the factory and that’s when you had estimated build weeks but stage 3 was confirmed build as they had all the parts etc and the build wouldn’t change. Stage 4 was actually building it but usually you skip straight to stage 5 as the build actually takes like 2 days a s the system didn’t keep up

Typically I would t expect any different here but with chip shortages that could impact it even yet - i do fear that even launch edition cars (like mine) are going to be pushed back…

No update from my dealer to confirm whether my car was actually built last week like it was supposed to have been though… we shall see in the next couple of days.

Hopefully that is the case mate

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Keano04
Forum conjecture....Members anticipation .....Rumour Control....etc ...etc dont really factor into reality of what car manufacturers are facing right now....Dealers can only try to appease customers......when in fact they do know how the situation really is at this point in time..... My son left Audi for this reason.......build weeks are all provisionally placed at the moment My dealer told me back in January a lead time of 10 months if l had ordered a car in a exclusive...ergo Turbo guff blue @Ludus has waited from January for delivery of a car....but good news for him his car has arrived at the port.....hunker down and look forward to 2022 guys....it can only improve.....but those who have ordered a Vorsprung with the pano fitted as standard could wait far longer than those who have not

• Sad
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze, Ludus and 2 others
I see TRL (well known on BMW forum for doing great deals on M cars) saying no stock and 5-6 month lead times on all M models. He has nothing available until Mar 2022.

My JCW has made it through build and currently in QC, so on track for early Oct delivery

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and RS3ree
I see TRL (well known on BMW forum for doing great deals on M cars) saying no stock and 5-6 month lead times on all M models. He has nothing available until Mar 2022.

My JCW has made it through build and currently in QC, so on track for early Oct delivery

I tried to get an m340 touring off him a while back but he said he had nothing until the new year - it’s clearly not getting any better from what you’re saying…

BMW are the same. Suspended production of the 128ti that I know of and the people who have ordered are waiting close to 8-10 months.

Ordered my JCW in early July, but think I got a slot the dealer had or maybe just missed the real drop off

My issue isn’t necessarily the extended wait, it’s more the blasé way we are advised this with no apology or sincerity.
To give an ‘update’ of a 7 month extension from a build due to start next month is pretty poor imo and doesn’t demonstrate great planning does it.
Hope you’re well ... oh you’re build has gone back to from end Oct to end May next year is not good - chip shortages or not. A delay of that magnitude should be at least fine tactfully ... imo !

Reactions: NevMan
Got bored of waiting and put a deposit down on a nardo 2019 rs3 today. Sold my rs5 a couple of months ago and was planning to do without a car until my new rs3 comes but reading these comments I gave up. I've ordered a vorsprung aswell so I'm not expecting it to be here until next summer.

Gutted for you guys if spring 2022 is being quoted. I'm more likely to jump in a newer RSQ3 when the time comes but I like to read all the excitement you guys get caught up in with a new build /release along with Jassy TT a while back.

Things are dire out there with these dam chip shortages for sure... :0(
The next news will be "sorry Mr Bloggs", a 2 week further delay has occurred as the tea lady has no gas to put a brew on for the production staff so they have all gone on strike... I'd say kick the can down the road for a while and chill... But there's no ****** CO2 in the world left in cans now to even do this.
I think we should all hibernate for the winter untill all this ***** is fixed somehow lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Got bored of waiting and put a deposit down on a nardo 2019 rs3 today. Sold my rs5 a couple of months ago and was planning to do without a car until my new rs3 comes but reading these comments I gave up. I've ordered a vorsprung aswell so I'm not expecting it to be here until next summer.

I suspect there are many who have thought and done similar. That’s why used prices are so strong and stock so low at the moment and has been for a long while…

Had an update from the dealer outlining that mine is status 20.

From what I can gather that means it hasn’t actually started the build and is still awaiting all the parts it needs… although it is still showing as confirmed build of bw37 (last week).

It would appear even launch edition cars are being delayed further than previously expected

I wonder if an order of “parts” failed to materialise and has caused the recent further delays? Ie something didn’t show up so everything is delayed further as a result…

Had an update from the dealer outlining that mine is status 20.

From what I can gather that means it hasn’t actually started the build and is still awaiting all the parts it needs… although it is still showing as confirmed build of bw37 (last week).

It would appear even launch edition cars are being delayed further than previously expected

I wonder if an order of “parts” failed to materialise and has caused the recent further delays? Ie something didn’t show up so everything is delayed further as a result…
Man that's *****. Nothing worse than thinking your new pride and joy is essentially built only to find out it's not even started yet.

Man that's *****. Nothing worse than thinking your new pride and joy is essentially built only to find out it's not even started yet.

Yeah a bit disappointing but compared to the wait many have in front of them, I perhaps shouldn’t complain.

It’s still likely to be here sooner than anything else from Audi or another manufacturer and so there is little choice but to be wait really. It’s out of dealers hands too so not even worth my while kicking up a fuss with them either.

Yeah a bit disappointing but compared to the wait many have in front of them, I perhaps shouldn’t complain.

It’s still likely to be here sooner than anything else from Audi or another manufacturer and so there is little choice but to be wait really. It’s out of dealers hands too so not even worth my while kicking up a fuss with them either.
Yeah it's obviously a factory level issue. As Snake pointed out above though they have put his back to June 2022 which from October this year is unacceptable with no real explanation other than the chip shortage.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Speaking to my sales chap for my JCW, he said he keeps a close eye on the progress of all his client orders but warns against taking updates too seriously as some jump around a lot. If he had to call clients every time there would be panic, so tends to only contact at key points…build started, completed, awaiting shipping etc etc

So what I am trying to say is “maybe” things will settle down at these wild 7 month delays come in

Reactions: 3vans and Snake Pliskin
Yeah it's obviously a factory level issue. As Snake pointed out above though they have put his back to June 2022 which from October this year is unacceptable with no real explanation other than the chip shortage.

I would suspect the dealer wouldn’t actually know more on reasons for the delay.

My dealer sent me a screen grab of current status on mine and the info on there is very limited!!

Besides contacting the factory to ask what the deal is, I’m not sure what else they could do?

That being said, for that length of delay I would want justification for it though, and you’d hope dealers would be going nuts trying to get more info as you can imagine the complaints they are now fielding!!!

Speaking to my sales chap for my JCW, he said he keeps a close eye on the progress of all his client orders but warns against taking updates too seriously as some jump around a lot. If he had to call clients every time there would be panic, so tends to only contact at key points…build started, completed, awaiting shipping etc etc

So what I am trying to say is “maybe” things will settle down at these wild 7 month delays come in

That's what part of me is hoping / thinking (we may get another bump but an improvement the other way) but I am not gonna say it out loud ;)
You can't beat a bit of blind hope / optimism :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: 3vans, NevMan and RS3ree
I would suspect the dealer wouldn’t actually know more on reasons for the delay.

My dealer sent me a screen grab of current status on mine and the info on there is very limited!!

Besides contacting the factory to ask what the deal is, I’m not sure what else they could do?

That being said, for that length of delay I would want justification for it though, and you’d hope dealers would be going nuts trying to get more info as you can imagine the complaints they are now fielding!!!
following my e-mail to the Dealer yesterday morning asking him to verify the length of the delay and provide some reasoning ... I've heard ZIP back !

Lol time to shut this section down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
I wonder if all the jumping around of dates is due to chips being sold to the highest bidder and not a guaranteed supply?

I would have thought that if they had a guaranteed, but limited supply car production could be planned a little better?

If mine ends up 12 months away and I can find the 'correct RS4' i'm out of here :)

I wonder if all the jumping around of dates is due to chips being sold to the highest bidder and not a guaranteed supply?

I would have thought that if they had a guaranteed, but limited supply car production could be planned a little better?

If mine ends up 12 months away and I can find the 'correct RS4' i'm out of here :)
Rs4....? every chance you will as it is far more of a niche Audi performance car but to me Audi have made the RS4/RS5 look more like a S-line car at the front than previous model but at least if do go down the RS4 route you'll get a proper Audi built interior ....dying breed Reason l chose a TT

Reactions: NevMan, johnmv55 and 8YARWY
Lol time to shut this section down.

Sent from my iPhone using
But it'll need renamed "Tracking our New RS3 Facelift" lol
End of the day it's only a car....av waited a year to get back to my hotel l call paradise 7 times its been canceled since last October....l now fly out on the 1st of October for 2 weeks....lol ergo things come to he who waits lol

Attachments

• 20200908_192843.jpg
    20200908_192843.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 78
Reactions: RS3ree, NevMan, Mr Freeze and 2 others
Rs4....? every chance you will as it is far more of a niche Audi performance car but to me Audi have made the RS4/RS5 look more like a S-line car at the front than previous model but at least if do go down the RS4 route you'll get a proper Audi built interior ....dying breed Reason l chose a TT
As hard as I have looked trying to find one with adaptive cruise is just about impossible, oh, and either Misano. Daytona or Turbo blue...................and around RS3 Vorsprung price...........................I'll keep looking

End of the day it's only a car....av waited a year to get back to my hotel l call paradise 7 times its been canceled since last October....l now fly out on the 1st of October for 2 weeks....lol ergo things come to he who waits lol

Reactions: Jassyo06

Hopefully you do fly out mate

Reactions: Jassyo06
I've been after a club sport for a while, managed to sneak in on an order that someone's give up on, order was placed December last year build isn't finished yet but been told should arrive before Christmas.

Just got a text that reads.

"Your order is booked in to build. We are sorry but due to the global shortage of semiconducter chips, it may take longer than normal. Your Audi center will be in touch to update you further. Thank you for your patience. Audi UK"

Just got a text that reads.

"Your order is NOT booked in to build. We are sorry but due to the global shortage of semiconducter chips, it (may) WILL take RIDICULOUSLY longer than normal. Your Audi center will be in touch to update you further MANY TIMES OVER THE NEXT 10 MONTHS. Thank you for your "patience" .... YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT"

Sorted that for ya mate ;) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, 3vans, RS3ree and 3 others
Bridgestones on this one

62eb938d55aa84ba57e482ff397d9091.jpg

And this one.
788a9d1fdd7c15e2aae7dce2c020df5e.png

Bridgestones on this one

62eb938d55aa84ba57e482ff397d9091.jpg

And this one.
788a9d1fdd7c15e2aae7dce2c020df5e.png

Saw some other pics they were wearing Pirelli… wonder if they are both carbon black cars with bridgestones?

My fingers are crossed they aren’t the launch edition cars

Status
Not open for further replies.