And this one.
788a9d1fdd7c15e2aae7dce2c020df5e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They'd go with 4's if they had any sense

Some folks have been told the factory in ingolstadt is temporarily closing
Retooling for the 8y facelift....lol

Reactions: 8YARWY and NevMan
They'd go with 4's if they had any sense
To my knowledge the only Audi to be shod from the factory with Michelin tyres is the R8/ performance to me Michelin tyres are over rated my S3 had Pzeros fitted as does my TT...= Pzeros RO1 great tyres in the dry and in the rain but guff in the cold winter but all performance tyres are guff in the cold weather.l put Bridgestone 225/30/18 tyres on mothers A1 great tyres better than contis it came with....wear rate on Bridgestones aint the best though

The entire car industry new and used has gone all Pete Tong ....WBAC just offered me £50k for my TT....its jumped up almost £4k in the last 6 weeks.....

Reactions: NevMan, RS3ree and Snake Pliskin
To my knowledge the only Audi to be shod from the factory with Michelin tyres is the R8/ performance to me Michelin tyres are over rated my S3 had Pzeros fitted as does my TT...= Pzeros RO1 great tyres in the dry and in the rain but guff in the cold winter but all performance tyres are guff in the cold weather.l put Bridgestone 225/30/18 tyres on mothers A1 great tyres better than contis it came with....wear rate on Bridgestones aint the best though
To be honest I have stayed with the Pzero's on the S3 but the Rs3's seem to have issues with them that was my thinking .
Although they have gone with a wider front wheel so hopefully that should solve the issue .

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Saw some other pics they were wearing Pirelli… wonder if they are both carbon black cars with bridgestones?

My fingers are crossed they aren’t the launch edition cars
They are LE as red callipers & Matt black alloys with gloss black sills ... that is LE only spec

Reactions: NevMan
They are LE as red callipers & Matt black alloys with gloss black sills ... that is LE only spec

The one with the red callipers isn’t a UK car because they are carbon brakes and we don’t have the option for red callipers with them unfortunately…

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
The entire car industry new and used has gone all Pete Tong ....WBAC just offered me £50k for my TT....its jumped up almost £4k in the last 6 weeks.....

Jeez, that is some wonga mate

The one with the red callipers isn’t a UK car because they are carbon brakes and we don’t have the option for red callipers with them unfortunately…

Ah well spotted :icon thumright:

It’s even more depressing seeing all these options I’d like to have on my car, rolling out of the factory so I can see they’re available to other markets.

Im switched off to the extra options now mate .... knowing I won’t see the car till July next year has just blown thoughts like that out of the water. I’d happily forego the extra options to have the car is a sensible time frame.

Reactions: 3vans and Daggerit

Very sweeping statement to bundle all Michelin / bridgestones in together

Michelin ps4s are superb in nearly all weather including when cold in the winter (not tried in snow) had them in my BBS.

Meanwhile I had bridgestones 001s on my winter wheels and they were noisy and gripped like stones when cold or wet, but the wear rate was excellent lasting around 20k miles (with rotation).

Make is one thing but which particular tyre we are talking about makes a significant difference ime

I know it won’t but if my rs3 came with ps4s I would be a happy man, although I will be putting my bbs on it so even if (when) it doesn’t have them, it won’t be long before it is wearing them!!

Im switched off to the extra options now mate .... knowing I won’t see the car till July next year has just blown thoughts like that out of the water. I’d happily forego the extra options to have the car is a sensible time frame.

I know what you mean, and agree. It is a little infuriating that the excuse for the lack of options is to limit delays and now it appears we get no options and late deliveries too. Best of both worlds. Haha.

Trouble is ... what do you do in the meantime waiting for a new one isn’t it

I’ve risked it and sold my car so don’t have my own car for the first time in years… I can use the wife’s car (which strictly speaking is mine) so I am still mobile.

Making do with only one car isn’t as bad/awkward as I had feared…. but I can’t wait for the new motor to arrive already!

Very sweeping statement to bundle all Michelin / bridgestones in together

Michelin ps4s are superb in nearly all weather including when cold in the winter (not tried in snow) had them in my BBS.

Meanwhile I had bridgestones 001s on my winter wheels and they were noisy and gripped like stones when cold or wet, but the wear rate was excellent lasting around 20k miles (with rotation).

Make is one thing but which particular tyre we are talking about makes a significant difference ime

I know it won’t but if my rs3 came with ps4s I would be a happy man, although I will be putting my bbs on it so even if (when) it doesn’t have them, it won’t be long before it is wearing them!!
Wife has P4"s on her Ford....they last around 12k miles on a fwd 1 litre ecoboost car grip is excellent in warm weather...cold weather hard as a whores heart ergo, wear rate is terrible its on its 3rd set and due to be changed very soon at 36k miles

Reactions: Daggerit
More you tube guff.

Really is full of stupid click bait.

83b425cf5a96f4ccbdde2cd304aef77e.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Wife has P4"s on her Ford....they last around 12k miles on a fwd 1 litre ecoboost car grip is excellent in warm weather...cold weather hard as a whores heart ergo, wear rate is terrible its on its 3rd set and due to be changed very soon at 36k miles

That’s a different tyre though and that was my point. The ps4s are only 19s and above… although I’m assuming your wife’s fiesta isn’t on 19s!?

Edit: to clarify I am talking about ps4s not ps4’s- they are two different tyres

Did enjoy your description of them when cold tho

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
I'am in the same boat with mine being paid up I would like to get as much out of it while I can .

i thought I was heading for a perfect switchover ... £2k to run an A45s for nearly 2 years would have been great ... but not sure what it will be worth come July next year. No way I’m selling up though - I’m not even confident of July tbh the way things are !

I’ll have to slum it with the dyson for a bit longer than planned :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
Did I hear them say they just ordered one and had a confirmed build week of 48
A few people have/had confirmed build weeks on here. A confirmed build week means nothing until it is indeed built though.

Reactions: RS03??? and Rhurs
A few people have/had confirmed build weeks on here. A confirmed build week means nothing until it is indeed built though.

Exactly. Unfortunately…

My car had a confirmed build week of last week and is still showing that as a confirmed build week.

Mine hasn’t actually started production yet…

I’m the past a confirmed build week has been exactly that and that was when it would be built, but times are different currently so who knows anymore, not Audi that’s for sure!!

Reactions: NevMan
Haha I love watching Evil Gt, top blokes Ben and Lee, get subscribed, like and comment

Lol started off ok, but now it’s just like every other crap you tube content, look at me I’m on holiday in Dubai while every one else was in lockdown misery.

You almost sound like you are working for them

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, RS3ree and 2 others
Trouble is ... what do you do in the meantime waiting for a new one isn’t it
If l where impetuous it would be sold tomorrow and put a large amount of money back in my account l have another option if l go down the seller route waiting 6/8 months for a car aint a problem for myself
Lol started off ok, but now it’s just like every other **** you tube content, look at me I’m on holiday in Dubai while every one else was in lockdown misery.

You almost sound like you are working for them

Their trip to Dubai passed me off kinda lost interest of their channel after that

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
If l where impetuous it would be sold tomorrow and put a large amount of money back in my account l have another option if l go down the seller route waiting 6/8 months for a car aint a problem for myself

Their trip to Dubai passed me off kinda lost interest of their channel after that

if you can get by then it has to warrant serious consideration I guess.
Maybe give it some thought while you are relaxing on your hols and have time to ponder things.

Reactions: Jassyo06
if you can get by then it has to warrant serious consideration I guess.
Maybe give it some thought while you are relaxing on your hols and have time to ponder things.
I'am seriously considering selling mine just had the wheels refurbed its booked in for it next service only need the private plate put on retention and its good to go . Its what I get in the meantime is the problem .

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
I'am seriously considering selling mine just had the wheels refurbed its booked in for it next service only need the private plate put on retention and its good to go . Its what I get in the meantime is the problem .
That's the thing - what do you get to tide you over.
Slim pickings out there - cars of any kind.
I've even had a cursory look on Audi's site at RS4's and 5's and TTRS but nothing remotely appealing.
Even had a look on Porsche in case there was a 718 GTS 4.0 but again nothing.
I'm back to blind hope again now that the build date of the RS3 comes forward as end May is just ridiculous !

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
i thought I was heading for a perfect switchover ... £2k to run an A45s for nearly 2 years would have been great ... but not sure what it will be worth come July next year. No way I’m selling up though - I’m not even confident of July tbh the way things are !

I’ll have to slum it with the dyson for a bit longer than planned :tearsofjoy:
Yeah its unfortunate the way things have turned out with the delays . Oh I feel so sorry for you having to keep that A45s a bit longer :laughing:

• Haha
I've even had a cursory look on Audi's site at RS4's and 5's and TTRS but nothing remotely appealing.
I'm back to blind hope again now that the build date of the RS3 comes forward as end May is just ridiculous !

7c47958f5fc388a8673c64a7fe68e396.jpg

2206144415591578183799ac7432c4aa.jpg

My wife wants an RsQ3 over the new Rs3 it is a car I was interested in at one point but getting one in a good spec is hard to find at the rite price plus I prefer hatchback .
I really like the Rs4's especially the carbon edition cars .
I know it is a long wait mate for the new Rs3 but I think it will be worth it in the end .

**** it l aint selling even though l could have the Mrs car for most of the week and my wee mums when not using avrils...l still stay between 2 households just to keep my mother company..av a unique tt and it has kinda grown on me month by month....i'll get my RS3 when things get back to some normality hopefully sooner rather later for you guys,.,,,,l want my RS3 the way l like and not the way Audi have started off the spec/options list with couldnt have a RS3 without a Pan-roof dont want a Vorsprung....

As l have mentioned before in general Our factory has of late been inundated with orders from a company wanting their semi conductor tools refurbished... even across the board the semi conductor industry is ramping up.....which is not common during a recession the machine and wafer/chips/machines we produce are used in all sorts of gadgets and a lot of them for the car industry....
Anyway Riviera blue for myself......

@Snake Pliskin forget a used Porsche....get a new yin.....cheaper

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
My wife wants an RsQ3 over the new Rs3 it is a car I was interested in at one point but getting one in a good spec is hard to find at the rite price plus I prefer hatchback .
I really like the Rs4's especially the carbon edition cars .
I know it is a long wait mate for the new Rs3 but I think it will be worth it in the end .

Dodge that RSQ3 cannon ball that the Mrs has fired across the BOWS....of the @Mr Freeze RS ship.....not a particurarly renowned RS car fast for a SUV though.....in my opinion.....l dont see the car shortage situation getting any better until the second quarter of 2022

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Mr Freeze
Status
Not open for further replies.