Red and black
ee674878087898f2969c2be2b335f9f7.png

b9c0810709b5a863dba3b52b1c407bf6.png

448601c22c5652569ecd50a5ce38ed7d.png

ddfe4cb2b01b20a52c199851b1a429bb.png

4881e7468d10a81483a679acc089bab9.png

50931b33d4dd9bf6cf1d10b4586c4437.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to see a better image of the standard wheels, looks like I'll be having fun cleaning them.

Is it me or it the finish different to the usual 'diamond cut' of recent times. The spec says high gloss turned finish, so assuming that means what we know as diamond cut but it looks more silver. Usually they show more of a lilac hue at certain angles, these look quite flat and uniform in colour across the silver sections.

One thing that video does highlight is the level of 'fakery' (as Matt Watson puts it) around the exhaust tips. Disappointed to see the gap showing between the real tips and the trim tips, hoping it was going to be less obvious than that.

Nevermind, it's a good video and really helps highlight the contours of the bodywork.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Good to see a better image of the standard wheels, looks like I'll be having fun cleaning them.

Is it me or it the finish different to the usual 'diamond cut' of recent times. The spec says high gloss turned finish, so assuming that means what we know as diamond cut but it looks more silver. Usually they show more of a lilac hue at certain angles, these look quite flat and uniform in colour across the silver sections.

One thing that video does highlight is the level of 'fakery' (as Matt Watson puts it) around the exhaust tips. Disappointed to see the gap showing between the real tips and the trim tips, hoping it was going to be less obvious than that.

Nevermind, it's a good video and really helps highlight the contours of the bodywork.
All Rs cars have that gap in the exhaust

Reactions: RSt3ve and Jassyo06

Yeah the wheel design facets have more of a diamond satin finish cut...the alloys on my TT had the bling diamond cut they had this rainbow spectrum hue from them when viewed from certain angles

Reactions: RSt3ve

In the past and up to recently cars with the matte aluminum trim also had Aluminum finished side skirt rails

Reactions: Mr Freeze
8V exhaust trims don’t have a gap between trim and exhaust pipes that you can see through though.

Strange my friends Rs3 has the gap and its also on another friends Rs4 ?

Vs clear daylight on the 8Y like the RS4/6 built into the rear diffuser
5e27c761369b18389a1955185a893c85.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
I think I might go 'ghost' with my RS3, on my Golf I fitted a switch that interferes with a relay coil supply that stops it starting, the good thing about doing your own immobiliser is only you know where it is and what it actually does.
The problem with trackers etc is the 'real' bad boys know where the tracker companies fit them and generally remove them pretty handy.
Could be an interesting new thread. might start one :)
Yes definitely worth a new thread! I need a couple of trackers too but unsure of what to get - thinking ghost also but I want a disklok aswell just to be safer lol

Reactions: johnmv55

It was always integral to the exhaust so oval system with 2 "split" pipes inside the oval vs this time the oval is clearly just trim which I agree is a really sad detail.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RSt3ve and 8YARWY
Nope it was never previously like it is this time. Older car pic below.

TX.
fd32d92e5db619b828f7008d4ac79a5e.jpg

Yep this is disappointing. My current tips are welded on and look so much better that the fake ones.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
From my old RS4 too the same so not "trim"

TX.
a402363dc1fd6b39a5601b9cd390572e.jpg

Reactions: NevMan, kayemill, Jcbmally and 2 others
My friends 8v is different to your car it has the gap

You sure you aren’t confusing the gap around the tip & diffuser on the 8V with the inner gap to actual exhaust tips on the 8Y ?

Reactions: kayemill, Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin

verifies no contrast stitching, not even rock grey ... that’s a shame

and yes plain mats with no RS logo
But still get the all important RS button on the wheel at least
:thumbs up:

And we all know Audi will kindly ask you to depart with your hard earned for some branded goodies, shame they don’t add them as standard like most other manufacturers these days.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
You sure you aren’t confusing the gap around the tip & diffuser on the 8V with the inner gap to actual exhaust tips on the 8Y ?

Its possible I'll have a look next time I see . It wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong :laughing:

Last edited:
Reactions: Terminator x
All Rs cars have that gap in the exhaust
They have to have that gap, My V10 R8 was no different, it's beacuse the exhaust tips are mounted to the rear bumper, the gap allows fresh air to be drawn through as well to keep things cool :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Mr Freeze
They have to have that gap, My V10 R8 was no different, it's beacuse the exhaust tips are mounted to the rear bumper, the gap allows fresh air to be drawn through as well to keep things cool :)

And if you get a rear end shunt you don’t have to replace the exhaust and potentially mounts or turbos.

FB IMG 1635080394388

Are red brake calipers part of launch edition spec? Stand out nicely against the black wheels!

Reactions: Jcbmally, Rs31981, Alexlfc17 and 1 other person
Oi Thats my photo :)

I have made a walk around video on this car and it will be on my channel later; I found lots of cool interesting details on the car that no one has seen yet.

Reactions: AndyVWR, Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 4 others
Oi Thats my photo :)

I have made a walk around video on this car and it will be on my channel later; I found lots of cool interesting details on the car that no one has seen yet.
Oh nice! Ive just had it sent to me on WhatsApp by a friend haha.
What is your channel, I'll give it a watch!

That looks really good :icon thumright:
Daytona saloon for the win ;)
Really pleased I’m going saloon this time.

Have to say, the saloon is stunning. I did really like the 8V one, but for me saloon for the win .

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
Status
Not open for further replies.