Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen his post in the 8Y owners group and does credit you. That's where its come from lol, someone else has sent it to me from there.
Looking forward to seeing the video.
Got a link to it please pal? The owners group…

ignore me! Got it :)

Reactions: mb127 and NevMan
Yessss. Can’t wait for the video mate!!!!
It’s all filmed on my iPhone and I’ve got a voice over so not my highest production quality but I figure that no one really cares. They just want to see the car up close…

Reactions: Alexlfc17, RS03???, NevMan and 1 other person
Isn’t there an embargo until 26th?

That’s for driving impressions but not just general videos of external/internal styling and things I don’t think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
on my way to look at the Rs3 8y my local dealership have one in

Reactions: AndyVWR, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person
Yes. I just filmed one at the dealer. But clearly I’m planning to get in before the press drives on the 26th.

I hope to have it up between 6-7pm

Reactions: AndyVWR, Mr Freeze, NevMan and 4 others
Red and black

b9c0810709b5a863dba3b52b1c407bf6.png

Black on black really needs those red callipers

They are just the steel brakes yeah? Look massive!!

Front bumper looks really aggressive at that angle…

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and 8YARWY
View attachment 244838
Are red brake calipers part of launch edition spec? Stand out nicely against the black wheels!

Just been out in our Golf R and parked next to a pretty base model A3 in white, imho the Golf is the better looking car, just has me thinking a correctly (high) specced Golf is still £19k cheaper..................

Attachments

• Golf 8Rr.jpg
    Golf 8Rr.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: AndyVWR and 8YARWY
Just been out in our Golf R and parked next to a pretty base model A3 in white, imho the Golf is the better looking car, just has me thinking a correctly (high) specced Golf is still £19k cheaper..................

£19k is worth the extra cylinder for me personally!

Reactions: Keano04
Ah fantastic - look forward to your thoughts mate :icon thumright:
we were a bit underwhelmed to be honest as were two sales guys that showed me round the car .

The drop in quality of plastics used on the interior is the thing that shocked me the most the full door cards in the back were hollow scratchy plastic no soft touch plastic at all . The front door cards had soft touch at the top of the door cards but didn't feel up to the standard of quality used in the previous Gen .
comparing the Quality in materials used on the interior to my current car was night and day for me .

The dash as grown on me a lot and looked very modern comparing it to my current 8v which is an old platform now .
Also wasn't massively keen on the standard wheels in person .

The spec was standard car in black which I think did nothing for the car
Matrix headlights
Reserve camera
Sports exhaust
No C+S pack
Alcantara and leather seats which felt very comfy
Power tailgate

Going to hold judgement until I've seen a few different specs and colours as I don't think that spec was great .
Also going to have a test drive in a few weeks when it is registered .

Last edited:
Reactions: johnmv55, Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Yes. I just filmed one at the dealer. But clearly I’m planning to get in before the press drives on the 26th.

I hope to have it up between 6-7pm

And here I thought you were in Greece at launch, silly me

d887c49120591e4f10e3b9e89859bcd0.png

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
we were a bit underwhelmed to be honest as were two sales guys that showed me round the car .

The drop in quality of plastics used on the interior is the thing that shocked me the most the full door cards in the back were hollow scratchy plastic no soft touch plastic at all . The front door cards had soft touch at the top of the door cards but didn't feel up to the standard of quality used in the previous Gen .
comparing the Quality in materials used on the interior to my current car was night and day for me .

The dash as grown on me a lot and looked very modern comparing it to my current 8v which is an old platform now .

Matrix headlights
Reserve camera
Sports exhaust
No C+S pack
Power tailgate

Going hold judgement until I've seen a few different specs and colours as I don't think that spec was great .
You in the north west pal? Welcome to come and see mine when I’ve collected in a couple of weeks if you fancy pal :)

Reactions: johnmv55 and Mr Freeze
£19k is a lot money no matter how you look at it and l agree the Golf 8R is a better looking car than the A3/S3 as far as hatchbacks go whether the G8R is better looking than the RS3 Sportback l can't say because l have'nt seen one yet. As l have said before your buying into the RS image plus the extra 70bhp that's what your paying for, each individual has to decide whether the RS3 8Y is worth it in their own minds not what people on here say as its totally biased l still have doubts hopefully I'll get see one in a showroom soon then I'll know for sure

Reactions: johnmv55, Jcbmally, NevMan and 2 others
I do like to Mk8 R but surely comparing it to a base spec A3 is a bit unfair... of course it will look better. Comparing an R to an S3 or RS3 is what you want to be doing.

Reactions: NevMan and Mr Freeze

Matrix headlights
Reserve camera
Sports exhaust
No C+S pack
Power tailgate

Going hold judgement until I've seen a few different specs and colours as I don't think that spec was great .
I knew this a year ago when l first sat in the new 8y quality of build materials has dropped dashboard design immediately struck me as a good design...things l didn't like at all was 10-5" vc the ride height,wheels/tyres get nowhere near filling the 8y arches,Frankenstein stitching on door armrests/dashboard,Rhombus design stitching on the seats but the RS3 has solved these issues l had with the S3 8y but all new Audi models suffer now from these issues

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, NevMan and 1 other person
I knew this a year ago when l first sat in the new 8y quality of build materials has dropped dashboard design immediately struck me as a good design...things l didn't like at all was the ride height,wheels/tyres get nowhere near filling the 8y arches,Frankenstein stitching on door armrests/dashboard,Rhombus design stitching on the seats but the RS3 has solved these issues l have with the S3 8y but all new models suffer now from these issues
This is my first time in an 8Y mate and I wouldn't pay 50k plus for that car/spec and the sales lads said the same .
The ride height looked spot on mate I must say .

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Jassyo06

Matrix headlights
Reserve camera
Sports exhaust
No C+S pack
Power tailgate

Going to hold judgement until I've seen a few different specs and colours as I don't think that spec was great .

That’s a weird spec and not a launch edition ?

so it was a ‘supervised’ viewing was it ? :tearsofjoy:

I must admit I didn’t look in the rear when I viewed an S3 I just sat in the front.

I’m hedging all my bets on that engine being the ace card again, even it’s it’s more restrained form sound wise.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Mr Freeze

Matrix headlights
Reserve camera
Sports exhaust
No C+S pack
Power tailgate

by the way ... how was THAT steering wheel in real life ? :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Status
Not open for further replies.