Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hope for those waiting/ expecting to take deliveries of a LE... UK are not just gonna get the lowest built spec LE's.. that is odd that it is a standard car with matrix.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and NevMan
That’s a weird spec and not a launch edition ?

so it was a ‘supervised’ viewing was it ? :tearsofjoy:

I must admit I didn’t look in the rear when I viewed an S3 I just sat in the front.

I’m hedging all my bets on that engine being the ace card again, even it’s it’s more restrained form sound wise.
No it was just a car they were sent the sales guy said they had no say in how it was specced .

The staff was all around it having a look

I have no doubt it will be a great car to drive and should sound good on the move .

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
Just hope for those waiting/ expecting to take deliveries of a LE... UK are not just gonna get the lowest built spec LE's.. that is odd that it is a standard car with matrix.

Show it...lol
IMG 20211024 WA0000

That isn't me in the car by the way this is a picture I was sent by the sales guy :laughing:

Reactions: mb127, johnmv55, Snake Pliskin and 2 others

Probably a case of….right chaps, let’s build some RS3’s in RHD based on parts we have in stock. Loads of matrix candles, Chuck them on. Flat bottom steering wheel . No RS design pack

• Haha
Reactions: mb127, johnmv55, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Yes Sportback imo black didn't do anything for it .
All subjective mate l don't like the Vader look either as for myself again the Saloon is the one for me
Got to be honest the kyalamy green Saloon photo's that have been thrown around looks the best so far couldn't live with this colour though

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person
All subjective mate l don't like the Vader look either as for myself again the Saloon is the one for me
Got to be honest the kyalamy green Saloon photo's that have been thrown around looks the best so far couldn't live with this colour though
Totally agree mate I think the bright colours will look the best

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
Just been out in our Golf R and parked next to a pretty base model A3 in white, imho the Golf is the better looking car, just has me thinking a correctly (high) specced Golf is still £19k cheaper..................

Base a3 is pretty naff so no real surprises there? Base spec golf also looks pretty naff…

£19k different? To buy or overall? With depreciation thrown in the mix I suspect the gap will close but you’ve got that engine/noise in the rs3, which is basically why I’m buying the rs3.

That being said, overall vfm the golf likely wins - in the estate version it is pretty hard to beat as a do everything in a single car, sorta car. Wish they would get on with releasing the estate mk8 so I can get the mrs a new car

All logic out the window, I want that engine!!!

Reactions: garethdj, johnmv55, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
I have access to the online manual through my Audi - although some of the bits aren't translated to English yet - any questions?

I can confirm wireless android auto and carplay are present

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, Alexlfc17 and 1 other person
I have access to the online manual through my Audi - although some of the bits aren't translated to English yet - any questions?

I can confirm wireless android auto and carplay are present

So wireless car play but no charging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think in black the car in the photo just looks like a S3
I may be biased, but feel the standard car needs to be a bright colour, like red or blue (green and yellow looks a bit odd with the alu pack IMO).

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
So wireless car play but no charging?

The Launch Edition has wireless charging but it isn't on the Vorpsrung as you know!

Please excuse any minor mistakes I made when talking about the car! This was a quicky video.

Reactions: NevMan and Alexlfc17
£19k is a lot money no matter how you look at it and l agree the Golf 8R is a better looking car than the A3/S3 as far as hatchbacks go whether the G8R is better looking than the RS3 Sportback l can't say because l have'nt seen one yet. As l have said before your buying into the RS image plus the extra 70bhp that's what your paying for, each individual has to decide whether the RS3 8Y is worth it in their own minds not what people on here say as its totally biased l still have doubts hopefully I'll get see one in a showroom soon then I'll know for sure
Nicely put :) As you say most of the 8R's are putting out between 330-340hp, but theres no substitute for cc and number of cylinders, I still have mine on order and keep popping into Cheshire Oaks Audi to see if their cars are there as 'waiting' for a phone call that never seems to come just annoys me.
The RS3 is going to have to be good on my demo or my deposit (and a 40 week wait) is over to VW, it might go over anyway.................my 7.5R has never really felt wanting when ive been in the 'right' mood :)

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, NevMan and 1 other person
The Launch Edition has wireless charging but it isn't on the Vorpsrung as you know!

Please excuse any minor mistakes I made when talking about the car! This was a quicky video.

Will watch it now. Honestly didn’t mean anything by my comment. Thanks in advance for a look at a uk car.

Reactions: NevMan
Nicely put :) As you say most of the 8R's are putting out between 330-340hp, but theres no substitute for cc and number of cylinders, I still have mine on order and keep popping into Cheshire Oaks Audi to see if their cars are there as 'waiting' for a phone call that never seems to come just annoys me.
The RS3 is going to have to be good on my demo or my deposit (and a 40 week wait) is over to VW, it might go over anyway.................my 7.5R has never really felt wanting when ive been in the 'right' mood :)
The torque in G8R/Audi TT engine is the star of the show so much low down if my son where still at glasgow Audi I'd get a test drive no bother but he's not...lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
You said the lights are not matrix, but surely they are and do show the RS3 animation.... or have audi slipped in a new configuration of headlight??
That was a mistake. They are matrix. I added it in the chapter and the options in the description. I also called the callipers disks :p

Reactions: Add_Profile
That was a mistake. They are matrix. I added it in the chapter and the options in the description. I also called the callipers disks :p
JHEEZE PHEW. Ignore my comment above hahahahahah. Happy days

Reactions: Spinstorm
@Spinstorm what a great video!! LE is pretty much fully loaded, wow…. Cannot come soon enough so excited

Reactions: Spinstorm, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person

Thanks for showing us this. It’s a great insight of what’s to come. I’ve ordered a kyalami green carbon edition sportback with C&S and honestly can’t remember what it includes. Can’t wait to see a carbon edition. Spoiler worries me a bit. However have seen similar on a golf and a Mini Cooper and quite like. When I got my Nardo 8V it was pretty out there so hoping for the same look

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Alexlfc17
I thought just the LE cars would appear first? yet theres a black 'std' car in the showroom?

Reactions: HulkRS3
Thanks for showing us this. It’s a great insight of what’s to come. I’ve ordered a kyalami green carbon edition sportback with C&S and honestly can’t remember what it includes. Can’t wait to see a carbon edition. Spoiler worries me a bit. However have seen similar on a golf and a Mini Cooper and quite like. When I got my Nardo 8V it was pretty out there so hoping for the same look

If its the SB you've ordered

Reactions: kayemill
**UK LAUNCH EDITION???**

Portsmouth Audi’s RS3 according to this guy on Facebook

one clear change I can see is the silver badgers instead of black
Steering wheel ruins it definitely. Would have to go aftermarket straight away

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Status
Not open for further replies.