Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
28ef56e7a86e9fe56963faf944b943e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A helpful salesperson… quite a rare beast!!

Reactions: NevMan, 8YARWY, 3vans and 1 other person
Does that mean if you already have one in order you won’t be subject to an increase in price?
That should be the case.

The same thing happened when my 8V was on order. They added Sat-Nav for free and the price increased but they honored the original price.

Hopefully the same thing happens here.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Does that mean if you already have one in order you won’t be subject to an increase in price?
That's the way it's worked for me in the past with Audi, and my saleman worded it 'put a deposit down to avoid the price increase' which would back that up.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan, Jcbmally and 1 other person
So I've been offered a Launch Edition....
What would you do? Go for the LE or wait for the Vorsprung - I don't know what to do :sos:
Edit: LE is Turbo Blue, my order is Riviera (Exclusive)

Reactions: Alexlfc17, Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and 2 others
What would you do? Go for the LE or wait for the Vorsprung - I don't know what to do :sos:

I’m in the position where I’m quite happy waiting, so I’d stay with the Vorsprung.

That said, if you want a car sooner rather than later, the LE has got decent spec so I don’t think it’s a bad idea if you like the colour.

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and mb127
Placed my order a month back or so, and got an email to go for a test drive Saturday in one of the Audi UK demos so that will be good!

Order was for Carbon sportback, test drive will be saloon. Hopefully doesn't change my mind on model!

Reactions: NevMan and ZB1
You could always sell the launch edition when your car is close to arriving.

Reactions: NevMan, mb127 and Daggerit
You could always sell the launch edition when your car is close to arriving.

Also true. Might make a tidy profit, although if I had to guess I’d have thought by the time the vorsprungs are appearing things might well have calmed down a bit.

Reactions: mb127
Did cross my mind but its working out if I'd loose out on much
When is your original car coming? I don’t think you’d lose much on it tbh because there’s such a long delay of cars etc

When is your original car coming? I don’t think you’d lose much on it tbh because there’s such a long delay of cars etc
Order early Sept, not had a build date yet.

I would go LE. The way they are knocking spec off the vorsprung you’ll get more in the LE soon!!

I am tempted to keep my Le through to the facelift and then move it on but you could keep both orders running and just sell the LE when your current order comes through fairly easily…

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, ZB1 and Daggerit
Just spoke with my sales exec and he said that the 6% increase is across all of the range except A6. But my price is locked in so if you’ve ordered then you are protected from that increase.

My build status has also gone to confirmed as well for week 47.

edit: also just got my tax refund for first year, was due to be renewed in January. Got £12.50 back, car was over £40k list price. £12.50 refund for two months left?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rs31981
I would go LE. The way they are knocking spec off the vorsprung you’ll get more in the LE soon!!

I am tempted to keep my Le through to the facelift and then move it on but you could keep both orders running and just sell the LE when your current order comes through fairly easily…
The electric boot is missing but that's the only difference to a Vorsprung now 360 cameras have gone :tearsofjoy:
Wasn't completely clear if it was ready or on it's way so maybe I should go and actually see the thing to help me decide.

Last edited:
The other thing is the LE’s are a limited batch so might hold value a bit better

LE long/short term won't hold their money anymore than any other RS3 model
Seen in it all before on the 8V Rs3 LE minus chip shortages situation that is..
There were also the so named Frankenstein spec cars at the launch

Reactions: mb127 and Daggerit
Go launch Ed Turbo suits the 8y your 10 month's for another shade of blue mate l need a sunroof hence Vorsprung

Reactions: mb127 and Jcbmally
Go launch Ed Turbo suits the 8y your 10 month's for another shade of blue mate l need a sunroof hence Vorsprung
Which colour have you order your Vorsprung in and is it a saloon?

This was the reply from my dealer last night
Hi Mike
I have just checked the order and it has moved forward to build week 8, but this can still move but I am checking it weekly so if it moves I will let you know, with regards to the price increase there is always a price increase on all models every year however any cars that have been ordered before that date are price protected so this won’t affect you
Thanks

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
LE long/short term won't hold their money anymore than any other RS3 model
Seen in it all before on the 8V Rs3 LE minus chip shortages situation that is..
There were also the so named Frankenstein spec cars at the launch

The gfv is higher on the LE… suggesting a small premium but it remains to be seen if that’ll be borne out of course.

Reactions: Daggerit
The electric boot is missing but that's the only difference to a Vorsprung now 360 cameras have gone :tearsofjoy:
Wasn't completely clear if it was ready or on it's way so maybe I should go and actually see the thing to help me decide.

Vorsprung is just shy of £60k (no other options) vs £58k for LE but all you get extra is leccy tailgate?!

LE gets red callipers is another difference but meh…

I would get the LE for sure given the colour you’ve been offered isn’t too different either

Reactions: Jassyo06
The other thing is the LE’s are a limited batch so might hold value a bit better

Maybe if there was something different on the LE, such as available only in an exclusive colour perhaps Misano or Nogaro or with a Carbon roof etc, but being as you can surpass, or match the equipment level I doubt they will hold their value any better?

Vorsprung is just shy of £60k (no other options) vs £58k for LE but all you get extra is leccy tailgate?!

I would get the LE for sure given the colour you’ve been offered isn’t too different either

Vorsprung hatch is £58725 on the road.

Does the launch Ed have electric memory seats ie memory buttons on driver's armrest

So, now that the 360 cameras have been removed, it looks like the only difference between the Vorsprung and LE is that the LE gets red callipers and the Vorsprung gets memory seats/mirrors. Everything else is the same.

So, now that the 360 cameras have been removed, it looks like the only difference between the Vorsprung and LE is that the LE gets red callipers and the Vorsprung gets memory seats/mirrors. Everything else is the same.
Dont forget the EBay tacky wheel sticky on bits :)

• Haha
Reactions: Keano04 and Snake Pliskin
Just spoke with my sales exec and he said that the 6% increase is across all of the range except A6. But my price is locked in so if you’ve ordered then you are protected from that increase.

My build status has also gone to confirmed as well for week 47.

edit: also just got my tax refund for first year, was due to be renewed in January. Got £12.50 back, car was over £40k list price. £12.50 refund for two months left?
That’s what you want a confirmed Date! None of these dates really mean **** without them being confirmed

Nope.

Press launch editions came with carbon inlays carbon engine covers red callipers l almost was tempted to get one when the Audi Press office was finished with them and one ended up at Hamilton Audi that's my story here they are

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
There were 3 extras on the Vorsprung over the launch edition if I remember correctly:

Leccy tailgate
360 cam
sticker alloys

But the launch edition benefits from red brake calipers plus of course 360 cam has been dropped from Vorsprung spec.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Status
Not open for further replies.