Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a long wait for you, have you ordered a Vorsprung saloon or sportback?

Saloon, I did ask the dealer today if changing to a sportback would speed things up and he seemed to think not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what spec & couloir you currently considering ?
Standard car
Glacier White
C+S pack
Roof rails
Rs sport exhaust
Adaptive suspension.

£53230
22K deposit
£278 pm 48 months
£24913 Balloon .

£1650 discount added for my ongoing issues with my car .

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Standard car
Glacier White
C+S pack
Roof rails
Rs sport exhaust
Adaptive suspension.

£53230
22K deposit
£278 pm 48 months
£24913 Balloon .

After seeing the white car in Petrol Ped video I’m thinking it’s not as bad as I first thought.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Saloon, I did ask the dealer today if changing to a sportback would speed things up and he seemed to think not.

I’ve ordered a saloon also but the first dealer I went to said October 22 and I thought that was ridiculous

I’ve ordered a saloon also but the first dealer I went to said October 22 and I thought that was ridiculous

Tbh I anticipated a long wait, week 23 is around June, hoping it comes forward of course but not unexpected.

Reactions: Daggerit
Tbh I anticipated a long wait, week 23 is around June, hoping it comes forward of course but not unexpected.

Ah so you’ll be getting a July/August delivery then I’m guessing

Last edited:
The Taunton Audi RS3 in white that popped up as 'Sold' on Autotrader is now available again along with the other 7

Reactions: billymc92
For anyone wondering where my video is - I am editing it as it turns out I spent an hour talking about the car and that is way too long!

Also planning for a side by side video on Wednesday.

Reactions: RS03???, Daggerit and johnmv55
Nothing to do with being experienced. I can see the time code on the video and Final Cut Pro editing software and it matches exactly.

3.8 is easily achievable and faster is possible.
Yup - I did a 3.4 in my car the other day, rocket ship

Reactions: Jcbmally
10 days of ownership and plenty of miles done! Any questions fire away I’ll do my best to answer :)

Is there piped exhaust noise into the cabin?
Yes there is. And it is a real shame. There is an obvious difference in sound between the previous generation and the new model.

Audi seem to think they need to “pump” the noise into the cabin which isn’t needed.

Also the lack of pops and bangs when driving is noticeable. You get more of the turbo sound whoosh’s than pops and bangs. That is not to say they don’t happen and they may well come back as the car is run in but it sounds different. Not quiet but not as special.

Reactions: cooperp
Standard car
Glacier White
C+S pack
Roof rails
Rs sport exhaust
Adaptive suspension.

£53230
22K deposit
£278 pm 48 months
£24913 Balloon .

that’s a nice spec mate & I agree the white looks really good.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, NevMan and 1 other person
that’s a nice spec mate & I agree the white looks really good.
My Golf R is white and originally I thought the white did not suit the RS3 but the more I see I have now come to the conclusion I may have chosen white over the Tango, but it's too late now due to build week and I guess i'm due a change anyway as my last two cars have been white

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Yes there is. And it is a real shame. There is an obvious difference in sound between the previous generation and the new model.

Audi seem to think they need to “pump” the noise into the cabin which isn’t needed.

Also the lack of pops and bangs when driving is noticeable. You get more of the turbo sound whoosh’s than pops and bangs. That is not to say they don’t happen and they may well come back as the car is run in but it sounds different. Not quiet but not as special.
Most other reviews havent noticed or were unable to tell if the noise being piped through the speakers, what makes you think that it is? :)

Reactions: NevMan, Alexlfc17, Mike.46 and 1 other person
I think white is incredibly dated, was all the rage like 6 or 7 years ago but then yet again I like Nardo which a fair few don’t, so each to their own.

Most other reviews havent noticed or were unable to tell if the noise being piped through the speakers, what makes you think that it is? :)
imo I don't think there is any major fake noise in the cabin - barely noticeable if so but fair enough, RS Performance is really loud but I genuinely think it is the exhaust note as its just as loud outside

Reactions: kayemill and Snake Pliskin
My Golf R is white and originally I thought the white did not suit the RS3 but the more I see I have now come to the conclusion I may have chosen white over the Tango, but it's too late now due to build week and I guess i'm due a change anyway as my last two cars have been white

I totally agree. Some of the early photos looks a bit naff but the recent pics & videos that have been posted look really good in white.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Mike.46
I totally agree. Some of the early photos looks a bit naff but the recent pics & videos that have been posted look really good in white.

I’ve never liked white cars because my dad always had a white car (company car and it was the cheapest!! He wasn’t a car fan) but I must admit I too am finding it more appealing in the latest photos….

Carbon black trim with white bodywork would be a good combo.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Snake Pliskin

Audi have confirmed to me that there is no soundaktor fitted and no fake sound piped into the cabin so not sure why you’re saying that tbh…?

Reactions: 3vans, RSt3ve, Alexlfc17 and 2 others
I’ve never liked white cars because my dad always had a white car (company car and it was the cheapest!! He wasn’t a car fan) but I must admit I too am finding it more appealing in the latest photos….

Yes with carbon trim and black roof it could look very tasty.

White

• Love
Reactions: Jcbmally, 3vans, NevMan and 1 other person
Audi have confirmed to me that there is no soundaktor fitted and no fake sound piped into the cabin so not sure why you’re saying that tbh…?
Thats good then as on my Golf 7.5 R the soundaktor made it sound like a big end had gone when it was under load in 'race' setting, I used VCDS and turned it down, then turned it off

10 days of ownership and plenty of miles done! Any questions fire away I’ll do my best to answer :)
Hi, glad that you are enjoying it. Just a couple of minor things to pre-empt my potential slight disappointment -

Does the Audi Beam project Audi Sport ot RS3?
Are the carpet mats plain, or does the driver's one have RS3 embroidered on it?

Thanks, Ian.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Hi, glad that you are enjoying it. Just a couple of minor things to pre-empt my potential slight disappointment -

Thanks, Ian.
Hi mate, just RS onto the floor and plain black mats all around unfortunately

Attachments

• A94A8252-C663-4A90-B1E2-AA311DEB4CF9.jpeg
    A94A8252-C663-4A90-B1E2-AA311DEB4CF9.jpeg
    829.4 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Jcbmally, kayemill and Snake Pliskin

That is brilliant news if it is 100% accurate.

Reactions: NevMan

Thanks, Ian.
RS3 logos on car mats are part of the interior design pack

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Hi mate, just RS onto the floor and plain black mats all around unfortunately

RS projections look cool.
I may get some aftermarket mats again as I did my last RS3 and have the edges piped in a contrast colour - they do look effective.

Rs3 mat

Reactions: Jassyo06, Jcbmally, Mike.46 and 1 other person
I think white is incredibly dated, was all the rage like 6 or 7 years ago but then yet again I like Nardo which a fair few don’t, so each to their own.

Personally don’t think white dates like other “colours”, but as always personal opinion and choice. I too like Nardo but many don’t. My favourite is probably silver (I would say that as have one at the mo), but to be honest I would take an RS in most colours

Reactions: Jcbmally, FBF01 and Snake Pliskin

I agree on flat white, have had a couple and pretty dull tbh, and yes the cheapest. But metallic like glacier much nicer

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
That is brilliant news if it is 100% accurate.

Ordinarily I would have no reason to doubt what Audi says…. aside from our fellow forum goer, everyone else has said it doesn’t have fake sound so

Dealer said it didn’t and Audi UK have also told me that in a chat before too, so that’s two (what should be) reliable sources….

Reactions: Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin
Status
Not open for further replies.