Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not going to lie, it is so tempting to list my car for 75k and take a quick 16k profit - I think I love the car too much to do it though haha

It’s only a car at the end of the day and your 21, loads of time to get yourself in to many a great motor. I think you’d be mad no to capitalise and punt it on for a quick buck, I don’t think people would judge you for doing so. Can’t beat em, join em as they say.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, ZB1, NevMan and 1 other person
Perth audis launch edition off to its lucky new owner
Screenshot 20211125 090040 Facebook

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Pinky1959, Terminator x and 4 others
As you would have seen in my video I got everything right about the car as I have the 8V and ordered a new one!

You have to remember my video was a 4 hours in the afternoon video. Unlike literally everyone (except Petrol Ped) who has media cars and at least 48 hours.
There are many things I didn't get to do and would have filmed again or differently with more time!

I should have a side by side comparison with the 8V and 8Y filmed this week as well.

Answering a question no one asked there bud?! Wrong thread maybe?

Reactions: ZB1, NevMan, Alexlfc17 and 1 other person
It’s only a car at the end of the day and your 21, loads of time to get yourself in to many a great motor. I think you’d be mad no to capitalise and punt it on for a quick buck, I don’t think people would judge you for doing so. Can’t beat em, join em as they say.
It is honestly so tempting as much as I love the car

Reactions: Jassyo06, FBF01, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
They’re not selling at those inflated prices and rightly so.

Reactions: Jcbmally, 3vans, RS03??? and 2 others
You gotta be kidding….

0aafe44296121203f0ed06ba70d4c45b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an absolute b*llend. Oh so you are so rubbish at reviewing, it took Joe to convince you…must have got A LOT of stick as he is/was the only one saying I wouldn’t have one. #zerocredibility

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
What an absolute b*llend. Oh so you are so rubbish at reviewing, it took Joe to convince you…must have got A LOT of stick as he is/was the only one saying I wouldn’t have one. #zerocredibility

Lol to be honest the reply about superiority got me

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Rs31981
Self promotion is key. You have to be a bit competitive. Also I’d love to grab some of his subs.

Self promotion is key. You have to be a bit competitive. Also I’d love to grab some of his subs.
Having seen your video you seem to ramble a bit and there’s no real personality that comes across so I switched off and went to watch Joes review but that’s my take on it. Takes a lot to be in front of camera and post so FairPlay

Reactions: ZB1, Mike.46, Alexlfc17 and 1 other person
Just drove past a green one on the A3, looked foo kin amazing! Those with one ordered will not be disappointed.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
Having seen your video you seem to ramble a bit and there’s no real personality that comes across so I switched off and went to watch Joes review but that’s my take on it. Takes a lot to be in front of camera and post so FairPlay
I accept the feedback. I’m trying to figure out the best way to make a video and put more personality across. But as you said it’s tricky. It’s even more tricky when you only have a few hours also I’m not sure about making jokes but I’m working on it. I’m new and I’ve done fantastic to date.

But if you watch my driving portion I think you will find I make observations no one else has.

Unfortunately for me if I decide to order it would have to be with them for the discount :crying:

Well Macclesfield were a waste of time.

Said they’d match discount offered elsewhere but only on that day, said she would ring me to get a time on Friday when we could go across to order…….. and she didn’t.

Looks like back to Oldham then, at least they respond to emails, although I’m not a fan of how they switch to ‘Hi Sean’ when they want you order, to just ‘Hi’ when you ask a question

Just a professional courtesy to include the recipients name and end with your own name , rather than ‘Hi’ and ‘regards’

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
I’m new and I’ve done fantastic to date.

But if you watch my driving portion I think you will find I make observations no one else has.
Stay humble lol, my dad always says self praise is no praise but as I’ve said, FairPlay for posting

Reactions: Alexlfc17 and Keano04
My local dealer has a Daytona launch edition arriving next week apparently. They’ve already had offers from people in London offering 75k for it
That's insane! The car is simply not worth it. More money than sense, we've bred a generation of idiots.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Stu-27
Stay humble lol, my dad always says self praise is no praise but as I’ve said, FairPlay for posting

I can improve lots but you have to give yourself credit for your achievements or you won't be happy in your life.

I would love to be in the mountains drifting around like Joe Achilles (When you watch that just consider how many times he had to drive back and put his camera on a tripod and then drive back and drive past again and hope that it was in focus and the camera didn't get blown over and break - I bet most of the time it wasn't in focus too!).

I am my worst own critic believe me but I also think that I have managed to make a video on the car and put it out the same time as the official media coverage and I filmed it in a few hours so that isn't half bad! (but yes I could be more funny, smarter and entertaining but I am working on that).

Reactions: HulkRS3, Snake Pliskin, Alexlfc17 and 2 others
I like the Turbo Blue, but as I keep seeing an A1 and a Q5 in that colour round my way, I've asked to change to Kyalami Green. I think the 'exclusive' colour on the RS3 is a better option, but we will see if I'm able to change - you never know, they might say I'm too late.

I like the Turbo Blue, but as I keep seeing an A1 and a Q5 in that colour round my way, I've asked to change to Kyalami Green. I think the 'exclusive' colour on the RS3 is a better option, but we will see if I'm able to change - you never know, they might say I'm too late.
you'll love kyalami

Well Macclesfield were a waste of time.

Said they’d match discount offered elsewhere but only on that day, said she would ring me to get a time on Friday when we could go across to order…….. and she didn’t.

Looks like back to Oldham then, at least they respond to emails, although I’m not a fan of how they switch to ‘Hi Sean’ when they want you order, to just ‘Hi’ when you ask a question

Just a professional courtesy to include the recipients name and end with your own name , rather than ‘Hi’ and ‘regards’

Just hope and prey you never need any warranty work done mate they are useless

I got a call yesterday from Oldhams head of business telling me the part have been ordered for my seat
and it should be all done by the 3rd December that would take my car to 2 days shy of 7 weeks in the dealership on this occasion
and that's for a creaking/squeaky seat imagine if it was a big job :grimacing:

They have been terrible at getting back to us via email/phone over our issue
but now Jardine motors head office / Audi Uk are involved we are getting calls with updates
before hand it was always us phoning them .

Have you had any discount offered at all anywhere ?

Reactions: Waq1 and Snake Pliskin

I got a call yesterday from Oldhams head of business telling me the part have been ordered for my seat
and it should be all done by the 3rd December that would take my car to 2 days shy of 7 weeks in the dealership on this occasion

but now Jardine motors head office / Audi Uk are involved we are getting calls with updates

could you not get them to pay your monthlies for the 2 months its been there? if its financed

Reactions: Keano04 and NevMan
could you not get them to pay your monthlies for the 2 months its been there? if its financed
We own it out rite as I would of already suggested this . I'am waiting for what they come back with as compensation for it being in
the dealership 9 times and off the road for 11 weeks if it stays until the 3rd of December .

you'll love kyalami
Sadly i won‘t be changing. As i ordered through the Military thing, they’ve said they’ll only change the order if i commit to the new price with hugely reduced discounts. Not going to do that, so Turbo Blue it is.

At least i don‘t have to change my signature.

Reactions: FBF01

Unfortunately I dont think it's much different with any of the dealers when something other than routine servicing is happening

My TTS, needed a new Mechatronic unit (the bit that lives on/in the gearbox and operates the clutch and changes gears for you) they had the car 6 weeks and when I got it back we went out for the day, I stopped to put something in the rear and to my surprise there was no boot floor and no locking wheel adaptor/socket....hopeless

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Freeze
We own it out rite as I would of already suggested this . I'am waiting for what they come back with as compensation for it being in
the dealership 9 times and off the road for 11 weeks if it stays until the 3rd of December .
When they had my TTS for 6 weeks I went to Audi UK customer services in the end because the dealership couldnt get the Mechatronic unit as they were all going to the USA for a huge recall, I worked out how much my car had depriciated whilst in there plus difference between the hire charge of the POS they lent me and my car, around £500 tbh, Audi UK said I would be getting some 'goodwill measure' I replied ''what? a pen, I reckon it's £500'' Oh no Sir nothing like that, ''So a pen then?'' eventually they coughed out £250

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Freeze
When they had my TTS for 6 weeks I went to Audi UK customer services in the end because the dealership couldnt get the Mechatronic unit as they were all going to the USA for a huge recall, I worked out how much my car had depriciated whilst in there plus difference between the hire charge of the POS they lent me and my car, around £500 tbh, Audi UK said I would be getting some 'goodwill measure' I replied ''what? a pen, I reckon it's £500'' Oh no Sir nothing like that, ''So a pen then?'' eventually they coughed out £250
I'am not surprised at all to be honest I won't be accepting £250 I will push this all the way I have nothing to lose .

Get it sold mate its a car at the end of the day . I'd sell it in a heartbeat if I was in your position
Sell it and do what...That's like someone saying to you Ah just get rid of your S3 it's caused you nothing but stress because it's been into Audi for over 2 months....but you always need a plan B and "another car if it's Necessary "not always easily done mate

O/T why did they use an auto box this time as the DCT in previous cars was awesome? Also to new owners (just one chap it seems!) what is the auto box like?

TX.

Your going to see Audi car's in any standard colour...a lot including Kermit Green.... less so but you will still see it personally speaking l think your first choice of colour is the right choice less intrusive to the eye....Kyalami is a Divisive colour....

Status
Not open for further replies.