Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically it's just more of the same from Audi.... From standstill it beats most cars, but once traction is taken out of the picture and it's rolling it's pretty average amongst other performance cars. Was really hoping the RS3 would buck that trend.
Audi marketed the car on the 'Ring' (don't they all?), 99.9% of owners will not even go near it and then find out in a straight line... its just another audi.

Audi PR accomplished their goal luring people in to sell their beloved cars and order one. Its a shame @T-1000, your car would have walked all those in the video whilst looking like it was taking a leisurely stroll doing it.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Ads
Audi marketed the car on the 'Ring' (don't they all?), 99.9% of owners will not even go near it and then find out in a straight line... its just another audi.

Audi PR accomplished their goal luring people in to sell their beloved cars and order one. Its a shame @T-1000, your car would have walked all those in the video whilst looking like it was taking a leisurely stroll doing it.

Lol true, 4 years, longest time I’d owned an RS…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and Add_Profile
Lol keep yer A45s Snake……..

its a great car no doubt ... but I’ve not gelled with it and need that 5 cylinder sound. I’m not fussed about where the RS3 ends up in a race - it’s plenty fast enough for me. It’s about overall package & im confident the RS will tick all the boxes again :icon thumright:

Reactions: Mike.46, NevMan, Jcbmally and 5 others
its a great car no doubt ... but I’ve not gelled with it and need that 5 cylinder sound. I’m not fussed about where the RS3 ends up in a race - it’s plenty fast enough for me. It’s about overall package & im confident the RS will tick all the boxes again :icon thumright:
For a start your Rs3 saloon is in my opinion a far better looking car than the Merc mate you'll love the saloon looks for as long as you own it l aint a vin diesel kinda guy either so fast for me as well

Reactions: Waq1, Mike.46, Jcbmally and 4 others
For a start your Rs3 saloon is in my opinion a far better looking car than the Merc mate you'll love the saloon looks for as long as you own it l aint a vin diesel kinda guy either so fast for me as well

yeah I’m looking forward to owning the saloon (takes me back to my Orion 1.6i ghia days lol and I loved that car).

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
M2 would be zero use to me in winter months I’m afraid.

No use to me either, our road has the slightest of gradients, my neighbour has a BMW 320, it wont go up our road at the slightest icy conditions and where would the dog go?

Basically it's just more of the same from Audi.... From standstill it beats most cars, but once traction is taken out of the picture and it's rolling it's pretty average amongst other performance cars. Was really hoping the RS3 would buck that trend.
What did you expect when they all have similar hp? your going to need another 50-60hp to buck that trend with midrange increases as well

.. if the Daily Express wrote the news article...

"EXCLUSIVE: BMW 6 cylinder outpaced cars in a straight line with less cylinders shocker"
:tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Reactions: Daggerit
.. if the Daily Express wrote the news article...

"EXCLUSIVE: BMW 6 cylinder outpaced cars in a straight line with less cylinders shocker"
:tearsofjoy:

Fewer cylinders, smaller displacement, less power and more weight for the other cars. No idea how that happened?

Reactions: Jassyo06
With the ceramics can you chose calliper colour or grey only?

I have a feeling the Dynamic Pack was what was holding my order up.

The day after I removed it the car slotted instantly.

Might have just been a coincidence though!

Ipswich Audi have a bare bones standard RS3. 60k she said they sell them now for what the market dictates.

• Wow
Reactions: Mike.46 and FBF01
I love this car so much, still getting looks and nice comments from strangers every time I drive it lol. Feel very lucky to have this at 21 :yahoo: Hard work goes a long way.

Attachments

• F1BAD747-8EA2-4A66-837D-6207876A2EC1.jpeg
    F1BAD747-8EA2-4A66-837D-6207876A2EC1.jpeg
    666.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 4B820B70-40EC-4171-B082-6E511110D673.jpeg
    4B820B70-40EC-4171-B082-6E511110D673.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 111
  • 9D2DA84A-3DF2-4D8D-87A9-1415A51D3AE1.jpeg
    9D2DA84A-3DF2-4D8D-87A9-1415A51D3AE1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, Mike.46 and 6 others
Hmmm

Rings Audi to cancel.

Heads out to find an M2…..

As someone who’s gone from an 8v to an M2C to an 8Y, nope don’t do it.

Reactions: Waq1
Just had a friend message who got some reliable information that Audi aren’t importing any more high performance ICE cars until the start of 2022 because they’ve hit their emissions limit for them and will get fined.

If true (and I have no reason to think otherwise), anyone who was expecting their cars this year will be looking at Jan 2022 at the earliest.

Just had a friend message who got some reliable information that Audi aren’t importing any more high performance ICE cars until the start of 2022 because they’ve hit their emissions limit for them and will get fined.

If true (and I have no reason to think otherwise), anyone who was expecting their cars this year will be looking at Jan 2022 at the earliest.

Where has this info come from? Surely they can’t just hold up customers cars?

Reactions: HulkRS3 and Daggerit

I’m not sure how that can be true to be honest. Probably him trying to make up excuses for the lack of cars landing due to chip shortages lol.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Daggerit
Hit their limit ? Sounds abit like **** considering how many cars they normally import compared to this year?

Reactions: Keano04 and Daggerit
I’m not sure how that can be true to be honest. Probably him trying to make up excuses for the lack of cars landing due to chip shortages lol.

I’m more than happy for it to be wrong but with the likes of Archie Hamilton getting his car at the start of Jan and a few others build dates seeming to work out that way it doesn’t seem totally unreasonable.

Like I say though, happy to see some peoples cars appear and prove it wrong!

Hit their limit ? Sounds abit like **** considering how many cars they normally import compared to this year?

Just passing it on, but the ratio of electric and lower emission vehicles to the likes of RS models might’ve been skewed or something and caused the problem? I don’t know, I’m just thinking out loud.

Agree, and it is not like any of us can use the power etc on our roads, and what percentage track their cars or go in a ring run…not many

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Waq1

And how do we know that M2 was truly a ‘standard’ car.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and FBF01
I love this car so much, still getting looks and nice comments from strangers every time I drive it lol. Feel very lucky to have this at 21 :yahoo: Hard work goes a long way.

you’ve posted “hard work pays off” more than you’ve posted car pics lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, billymc92 and Waq1

I’m very tempted by the inbound M2 with AWD...however a child’s car seat in the back along with golf clubs may be a challenge!!!!

Reactions: garethdj
And how do we know that M2 was truly a ‘standard’ car.

Based on my experience jumping from my stage 1 8v to a standard M2C I’d say it was standard but never really going to know.

Sound wise too I think it was standard, the M2 bops and bangs like mad at a stand still but is very very underwhelming when rolling.

I’m very tempted by the inbound M2 with AWD...however a child’s car seat in the back along with golf clubs may be a challenge!!!!

The outgoing M2 comp worked fine for me with the child seat in the back, yeah it’s a pain having only 2 doors but the boot was surprisingly big… not into golf though so didn’t have that issue lol.

Reactions: FBF01
The outgoing M2 comp worked fine for me with the child seat in the back, yeah it’s a pain having only 2 doors but the boot was surprisingly big… not into golf though so didn’t have that issue lol.

My brothers mate has a black M2 Competition and I think they look mega. He doesn’t fiddle with motors but there’s one local to me that’s clearly lowered it, spacers and a multitude of carbon goodies and it looks superb. My X3M in MDM mode is a handful so doubt I could drive an M2 lol. Sure your looking forward to the AWD. I’ll maybe try the convince an M2 next time round is a suitable replacement for a mini SUV lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
79f0920476b2fe75f82472c57af9fd39.jpeg

Woah.

I found a YouTube video with it in. The spec sheet was in German but if I’m reading it right, the tuning was something like €22k…

And I very much doubt that RS3 servicing costs will come anywhere near what Mercedes add on with the AMG badge

Status
Not open for further replies.