Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So would you dislike one if they gave it you for a review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Given the choice the Saloon is a better looking car; obviously I am not going to review the sportback badly because it doesn’t look as good but I would say it in my video.

No it is a different design… we don’t have to like the same design. It is okay to disagree
Definitely! I genuinely can't see the difference though, you'll have to point it out. I actually thought that they just used the same units to be honest.

RS357198

2021 Audi RS3 5

Reactions: 3vans, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
They not the exact same design as the saloon? I’m getting defensive because mine is a sportback.

I’m struggling to see a massive difference

04553d198c0de147bb0f06b7a7549fc5.png

8d6284380d25864ce9daca8793764a16.png

Reactions: garethdj, Stu-27, Jcbmally and 5 others
Reactions: Daggerit
On the 8V there’s a difference, as the rears are more ‘pointy’ as they narrow into the boot lid.

Yeah I agree for the 8V, I just struggle to see a difference on the 8Y.

Reactions: 8YARWY
The 8V has a more obvious difference but it is there on the 8Y saloon; but also I think the lights just look better placed on the saloon.

One thing I do like and I noticed filming yesterday is the rear lights are very 3D; inside the light assembly they are not flat.

The 8V has a more obvious difference but it is there on the 8Y saloon; but also I think the lights just look better placed on the saloon.

One thing I do like and I noticed filming yesterday is the rear lights are very 3D; inside the light assembly they are not flat.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: FBF01, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 2 others

Better placed ? I don’t follow.

Reactions: Mike.46 and Jassyo06
Better placed ? I don’t follow.

It is the rear design; on the saloon they aren’t directly under the rear window so they look better. Again it is my impression and maybe you don’t see it or don’t agree.

On the 8y the rear light design requires a semi 3d structure as the design is broken/staggered still think the 8v rear light design is more attractive...a timeless design hated that they stayed on...though

It is the rear design; on the saloon they aren’t directly under the rear window so they look better. Again it is my impression and maybe you don’t see it or don’t agree.

Lol you mean because the saloon rear design pushes them away from the back window.

I see it, but to me they look the same, it’s the body style that’s different.

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, Mike.46 and 1 other person
Lol you mean because the saloon rear design pushes them away from the back window.

I see it, but to me they look the same, it’s the body style that’s different.

Stop Stop...disagreeing Sean......lol

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person

In the past the A3 variants 3 door,4 door,5 door all had a different light design....gone are those days......

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jcbmally, 8YARWY and 1 other person
Red ? What are you trying to say ?

As in, I think the 8V rear running lights were on whenever the front DRLs were on but the 8Y stay off unless you turn on the headlights.

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and 8YARWY

Well if no one can tell the difference
a) It doesnt matter
b) Someone is talking rubbish :)

Reactions: Anyname and Jassyo06
Well if no one can tell the difference
a) It doesnt matter
b) Someone is talking rubbish :)

C) on this thread anything is possible

• Haha
Reactions: Waq1, Anyname, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
On the 8V there’s a difference, as the rears are more ‘pointy’ as they narrow into the boot lid.

Sportback rear design tappered off down the way...the Saloon up the way....Sportback had a 3 dimensional lens ie the turn signal area was recessed ......love me car lights....lol that was on FL......totally different design on the pfl as you know

pmsl .... it’s gonna be a loooooong wait & thread waiting for our cars :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Waq1, Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
Sportback rear design tappered off down the way...the Saloon up the way....Sportback had a 3 dimensional lens ie the turn signal area was recessed ......love me car lights....lol that was on FL......totally different design on the pfl as you know

FL rears far and away better than the PFL although I was one of the 1st PFL uk cars to swap the lights over to FL in 2016

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Mastachaz
Red ? What are you trying to say ?

sorry i mean rear led get on only when its dark with headlights on on 8v i got them on all the time wich looks in my opinion better

sorry i mean rear led get on only when its dark with headlights on on 8v i got them on all the time wich looks in my opinion better

I’m pretty sure it’s something that can be programmed if wanted. It was possible on other Audi cars so imagine it would be the same with this.

I’m pretty sure it’s something that can be programmed if wanted. It was possible on other Audi cars so imagine it would be the same with this.

Was on certain models.
I remember doing it on the FL Golf R

Problem with the new cars is the modules require SFD tokens to access them.

can be sure i did on s3 ;-)
but its so lame dont come from factory

Lol
cb1a7c885b405ae83248805002bf54f4.png

Reactions: NevMan, Mike.46 and Daggerit
Lol

Real world performance will be comparable?

Get them on a twisty back road (especially if it’s damp or wet) and the Golf wouldn’t see which way the RS3 went. What a wally.

Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze and Mike.46
Lol

Take the Golf from this and add another chunk of HP and torque and you can’t tell me there’s any situation where the Clubsport would keep up, it would get destroyed out of every corner as well as flat out.

Not trying to put it down, but the Clubsport just isn’t designed to compete with the likes of the RS3. Muppet.

Reactions: NevMan, Mike.46 and ClubSandwich

Take the Golf from this and add another chunk of HP and torque and you can’t tell me there’s any situation where the Clubsport would keep up, it would get destroyed out of every corner as well as flat out.

Not trying to put it down, but the Clubsport just isn’t designed to compete with the likes of the RS3. Muppet.

Always contradicting himself.

Below is his comments about the earlier RS3

6677a66d6b653ca9b58e3bee8d908f77.png

Reactions: Daggerit, Mr Freeze and ClubSandwich
Lol

He could be a drinking game…

Mentions of the golf R you take a shot… contradicts himself you have two shots… he mentions his clubsport you hit him over the head with a bottle.

That’s how they work, right?!

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, 8YARWY and 2 others
emoji38.png

He could be a drinking game…

Mentions of the golf R you take a shot… contradicts himself you have two shots… he mentions his clubsport you hit him over the head with a bottle.

That’s how they work, right?!
I guess his next approach will go down the ''Whats the point of all the extra hp that the RS3 has anyway, I cant use all of my Clubsport's hp' he really does wind everybody up with his clubsport attitude inc most on the Golf R forum, Toss pot

Reactions: NevMan
Status
Not open for further replies.