Not open for further replies.
Always contradicting himself.

Below is his comments about the earlier RS3

6677a66d6b653ca9b58e3bee8d908f77.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol
cb1a7c885b405ae83248805002bf54f4.png

His he for real ? putting the Clubsport up v the Rs3 is like bringing a knife to a gun fight

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mike.46 and NevMan
His he for real ? putting the Clubsport up v the Rs3 is like bringing a knife to a gun fight
Not if your name is Volkswizard and you have a magic wand and a pointy hat :)

I think a Golf 8R in the right hands might take a little shaking off down the right road though

Reactions: Mr Freeze, FBF01 and Daggerit
I thought he was buying one? Jesus
I would imagine the attack on the RS3 is because he cant afford one, he's spent the last 6 months blowing smoke up the Clubsports exhaust on the Golf R forum and annoying them, maybe it's our turn now :)

Lol
cb1a7c885b405ae83248805002bf54f4.png

I feel what he fails to understand is the brand image portrayed. You turn up to a high profile business meeting in that, or any golf, and the instant sub-conscious impression is going to be oh no…

Audi on the other hand is on the BMW/Merc calibre. The three brands will be equally as common in a conference car park. It’s sad but form does play a role in these things. I’m 27 so I can accept others may have more experience on the subject, my opinion has been created from personal experiences and how I perceive Audi marketing.

I agree it’s not a common factor to consider but that’s the whole point of the VAG group right-producing the same car with different brand images. I feel this is one reason the RS3/S3 doesn’t pop and bang as much as Golf R does.

The functional benefits don’t need to be repeated. RS3 is king/queen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally
Wind deflectors :puke:

Other than that, lovely looking motor...love the Navarra blue

Reminds me of the one Saving salvage (Dean) had then it mysteriously disappeared after a couple of months.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Reminds me of the one Saving salvage (Dean) had then it mysteriously disappeared after a couple of months.

Ah the irony of that...one the first on YouTube to get one then a few months later it disappeared

Reactions: 8YARWY
I feel what he fails to understand is the brand image portrayed. You turn up to a high profile business meeting in that, or any golf, and the instant sub-conscious impression is going to be oh no…

Audi on the other hand is on the BMW/Merc calibre. The three brands will be equally as common in a conference car park. It’s sad but form does play a role in these things. I’m 27 so I can accept others may have more experience on the subject, my opinion has been created from personal experiences and how I perceive Audi marketing.

I agree it’s not a common factor to consider but that’s the whole point of the VAG group right-producing the same car with different brand images. I feel this is one reason the RS3/S3 doesn’t pop and bang as much as Golf R does.

The functional benefits don’t need to be repeated. RS3 is king/queen.

I've never read so much sh*t/drivel in my life, absolute clown

Ah the irony of that...one the first on YouTube to get one then a few months later it disappeared

Yeah, you could tell on his introduction video of it, how underwhelmed he was with the car

Reactions: Jassyo06
Dear diary moment - my dealer contacted me unprompted… that’s the first time in 4 months…

Update is he will update me on Friday!

10/10 for effort at least

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Mike.46, NevMan and 1 other person
@Snake Pliskin after seeing this I’m thinking Daytona really suits the car.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Waq1, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person

Is that the "standard" Daytona though or some special version of it? I considered the colour myself this week but when the salesman took me outside to see his Daytona A3 it looked nothing like that!

TX.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Wind deflectors :puke:

Other than that, lovely looking motor...love the Navarra blue
They’ve taken the rear ones off as it had a full set. Weird! Navarra is great but clearly their show room is very dull. The car was up to its eyeballs in Gyeon ceramic coatings and was really faultless, no doubt scratched and swirled already lol

Reactions: FBF01
Is that the "standard" Daytona though or some special version of it? I considered the colour myself this week but when the salesman took me outside to see his Daytona A3 it looked nothing like that!

TX.

I think the showroom lighting really helps Daytona. Looks great in that video and still looks good outside but the lights really add to it a lot.

Reactions: Waq1 and Snake Pliskin

TX.

Probably coated John.

You’d be surprised what a decent sealer applied to a paint does for the gloss levels.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

Yeah it looks ace doesn't it - looks even better on the car than I imagined when I ordered the colour tbh.
Its been posted already, but this video came up 4 weeks ago and looks the business too.
I'm looking forward to seeing it with the carbon bits and pieces plus the black roof which should add to the overall look too.

Starting to get some actual crackles and pops come through on the car now especially on start up in performance. 3/4 loud pops when it’s warm

Reactions: Jcbmally, 3vans, WilsonRS and 5 others
Starting to get some actual crackles and pops come through on the car now especially on start up in performance. 3/4 loud pops when it’s warm
Needs a double like button!

TX.

PS how did you get your car so early?

Reactions: Jcbmally, Alexlfc17 and Daggerit
Some chat I had with my dealer today. So same as anyone else the contact and information is minimal, he’s never even told me about them dropping the 360 camera yet. So about 2 weeks I basically phoned and went raj as I had emailed him and in around 6 weeks had not heard, kept getting told he was on annual leave, then I phoned one day and asked to be in touch with someone else as he is useless and not getting back in touch and it must have got back to him and he came on phone to me and said how that was his first day back after annual leave and he was just about to phone me, anyway found out my build week for my vorsprung was 20 which we where both ****** about but he said it’s fine it will get brought forward a couple months as it always does and he was going to contact Audi uk and say I ordered on day one and should be getting it a lot sooner than that and how he was going to CC me in the email so I knew he wasn’t talking ****, believe it or not, now 2 weeks on and hadn’t heard anything again so phoned this morning for a update and got the same thing, oh I was just about to call you as just heard a update, aw it’s changed to build week 22 but don’t worry it should come back to 20, emm 20 is ****, you said it would come forward

here’s where it gets interesting, he said he’s been told that anyone with orders they need to ask what they do for a living and if they think anyone is flipping a car they won’t get it haha, doesn’t make sense when graves have 5+ orders to sell on ect.

also tried to blow the smoke how it’s illegal for dealers to sell launch editions without having another car to replace it and these dealers that are doing it lose there “Audi rings” and are no longer be aloud to sell RS cars. These garages that have them for sale for £70k will not be letting them get them till they have a replacement RS3. The amount of ***** I hear is crazy. Then started asking me questions about my job then just digging for information on it like he was interested, more like trying to see if it sounded believable and that I knew what I was talking about.

• Wow
Reactions: Patrickv, 3vans and RS03???
Some chat I had with my dealer today. So same as anyone else the contact and information is minimal, he’s never even told me about them dropping the 360 camera yet. So about 2 weeks I basically phoned and went raj as I had emailed him and in around 6 weeks had not heard, kept getting told he was on annual leave, then I phoned one day and asked to be in touch with someone else as he is useless and not getting back in touch and it must have got back to him and he came on phone to me and said how that was his first day back after annual leave and he was just about to phone me, anyway found out my build week for my vorsprung was 20 which we where both ****** about but he said it’s fine it will get brought forward a couple months as it always does and he was going to contact Audi uk and say I ordered on day one and should be getting it a lot sooner than that and how he was going to CC me in the email so I knew he wasn’t talking ****, believe it or not, now 2 weeks on and hadn’t heard anything again so phoned this morning for a update and got the same thing, oh I was just about to call you as just heard a update, aw it’s changed to build week 22 but don’t worry it should come back to 20, emm 20 is ****, you said it would come forward

here’s where it gets interesting, he said he’s been told that anyone with orders they need to ask what they do for a living and if they think anyone is flipping a car they won’t get it haha, doesn’t make sense when graves have 5+ orders to sell on ect.

also tried to blow the smoke how it’s illegal for dealers to sell launch editions without having another car to replace it and these dealers that are doing it lose there “Audi rings” and are no longer be aloud to sell RS cars. These garages that have them for sale for £70k will not be letting them get them till they have a replacement RS3. The amount of ***** I hear is crazy. Then started asking me questions about my job then just digging for information on it like he was interested, more like trying to see if it sounded believable and that I knew what I was talking about.
Smoke and Mirrors comes to mind.

Just ridiculous. Pi$$ up in a brewery also comes to mind.

I still haven’t heard anything about mine either, so no idea when it might appear! I know it’s not all Audi’s fault, but this has been the biggest crock I’ve ever been party to when ordering a car. Not for me personally (yet), but listening to all the week jumping for other people has been mad.

You've just taken delivery of a Launch Edition...why would you want 2 RS3's

Reactions: Mr Freeze

No one likes a scalper, but their communication should be clearer and more honest!

That bit 'might' make sense, I am the only one at my dealer to get a build week and yet I was 3rd out of 4 to order by nearly a month.
Porsche do something similar, my sons FIL has had a stream of new Porsche 911's so he could get a GT3RS, he didnt get one, so he bought one at silly inflated price and stashed it away un-registered thinking all his history would get him a GT2RS, which he also didnt get, looks like Porsche did their homework and noticed he hadnt registered it...............................

He was quite open on the channel that he sold it as he couldn’t justify keeping it and used the freed up cash once finance settled to fund other projects.

He was quite open on the channel that he sold it as he couldn’t justify keeping it and used the freed up cash once finance settled to fund other projects.

Lol must’ve missed that one.

Yeah it looks ace doesn't it - looks even better on the car than I imagined when I ordered the colour tbh.
Its been posted already, but this video came up 4 weeks ago and looks the business too.
I'm looking forward to seeing it with the carbon bits and pieces plus the black roof which should add to the overall look too.

To be honest as always l have never seen Daytona with such high gloss levels obviously in the video it has had some sort of ceramic coating applied prior to that machine polished....plus the showroom lighting .....the power of a Audi showroom.......that's one of the reason they glaze.....the show area so much....indirect Natural light....makes car paint pop was the same in the new Maclaren and JLR showrooms l worked on....lighting was over the top.....and they were specific about the colour temp of lighting and what type of light fitting was to be installed.....Spot lights.....were only to be fitted at the outer edges of the areas as they show up all the flaws on anything.....just a wee bit of guff i'd share...lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Status
Not open for further replies.