Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS how did you get your car so early?
I ordered a Vorsprung the morning order books opened, originally asked for an LE but was told they can’t sell them etc. Still, asked the guy to let me know if it would be possible in the future.
Fast forward 3 weeks he text me one morning saying I could have one and gave me a list of about 12 to choose from varying in colour & SP/Saloon.

Pretty lucky tbh mate

Some chat I had with my dealer today. So same as anyone else the contact and information is minimal, he’s never even told me about them dropping the 360 camera yet. So about 2 weeks I basically phoned and went raj as I had emailed him and in around 6 weeks had not heard, kept getting told he was on annual leave, then I phoned one day and asked to be in touch with someone else as he is useless and not getting back in touch and it must have got back to him and he came on phone to me and said how that was his first day back after annual leave and he was just about to phone me, anyway found out my build week for my vorsprung was 20 which we where both ****** about but he said it’s fine it will get brought forward a couple months as it always does and he was going to contact Audi uk and say I ordered on day one and should be getting it a lot sooner than that and how he was going to CC me in the email so I knew he wasn’t talking ****, believe it or not, now 2 weeks on and hadn’t heard anything again so phoned this morning for a update and got the same thing, oh I was just about to call you as just heard a update, aw it’s changed to build week 22 but don’t worry it should come back to 20, emm 20 is ****, you said it would come forward

here’s where it gets interesting, he said he’s been told that anyone with orders they need to ask what they do for a living and if they think anyone is flipping a car they won’t get it haha, doesn’t make sense when graves have 5+ orders to sell on ect.

also tried to blow the smoke how it’s illegal for dealers to sell launch editions without having another car to replace it and these dealers that are doing it lose there “Audi rings” and are no longer be aloud to sell RS cars. These garages that have them for sale for £70k will not be letting them get them till they have a replacement RS3. The amount of ***** I hear is crazy. Then started asking me questions about my job then just digging for information on it like he was interested, more like trying to see if it sounded believable and that I knew what I was talking about.
You getting rid of the launch edition?? Personally keeping my LE over the vorsprung

To flip of course :laughing:
Giphy

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally and Mr Freeze
To be honest as always l have never seen Daytona with such high gloss levels obviously in the video it has had some sort of ceramic coating applied prior to that machine polished....plus the showroom lighting .....the power of a Audi showroom.......that's one of the reason they glaze.....the show area so much....indirect Natural light....makes car paint pop was the same in the new Maclaren and JLR showrooms l worked on....lighting was over the top.....and they were specific about the colour temp of lighting and what type of light fitting was to be installed.....Spot lights.....were only to be fitted at the outer edges of the areas as they show up all the flaws on anything.....just a wee bit of guff i'd share...lol

ok you’ve burst my Daytona bubble now lol ;)
You’re right though, yes showrooms are gloriously bright & clean environments purposely designed with making these cars look their absolute best. The lighting tricks & techniques is interesting but again I bet massive research has gone into this.
similar to the early videos we saw of the green & red cars in the highly lit studio settings with zero natural light.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
You’re right though, yes showrooms are gloriously bright & clean environments purposely designed with making these cars look their absolute best. The lighting tricks & techniques is interesting but again I bet massive research has gone into this.
similar to the early videos we saw of the green & red cars in the highly lit studio settings with zero natural light.

Zero natural light and red/green background lighting to enhance the colours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Zero natural light and red/green background lighting to enhance the colours!

yeah ... they’re clever sneaky so & so’s aren’t they.

Reactions: Daggerit
My Wee mums Daytona looks awesome when detailed mate.... pearlescent paints look amazing but in bright light even better Sepang another awesome pearl paint just unbeatable......Mica paints like Racing Mica blue are amazing as well they use ceramic particles in their paint palette....instead metallic hence mica is more expensive

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
My Wee mums Daytona looks awesome when detailed mate.... pearlescent paints look amazing but in bright light even better Sepang another awesome pearl paint just unbeatable......Mica paints like Racing Mica blue are amazing as well they use ceramic particles in their paint palette....instead metallic hence mica is more expensive

Rings Dealer to Change paint choice………..

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person

the only other Pearl paint I’ve had was panther black - not sure about estoril blue ?
the panther black had loads of multi coloured particles, is Daytona the same ?
Am I right in thinking Audi mica blue is the same as Ford Performance blue ?

Reactions: Jassyo06

Change it to a Sedan and I'll swap ye my Riviera lol yuv smoked me in colour choice so....shut de f@@k up Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
Change it to a Sedan and I'll swap ye my Riviera lol yuv smoked me in colour choice so....shut de f@@k up Lol

Of all the standard colours, Daytona is the only one that suits the 8Y.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
the only other Pearl paint I’ve had was panther black - not sure about estoril blue ?
the panther black had loads of multi coloured particles, is Daytona the same ?
Am I right in thinking Audi mica blue is the same as Ford Performance blue ?
Ford only do pearls on RS/ST cars hence they charge? £900 odd bangers for it .....Nitrous blue being my favourite

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

to what ? :tearsofjoy:
Ford only do pearls on RS/ST cars hence they charge? £900 odd bangers for it .....Nitrous blue being my favourite

bl@@dy hell is that what they charge.
Lovely blues though aren’t they.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Of all the standard colours, Daytona is the only one that suits the 8Y.

^^^^^^Plus 1

the irony is that it’s quite an old colour too isn’t it ... how long would you say it’s been out ?

Are we saying the old ones are the best ... like jokes lol :)

Reactions: Jcbmally, 8YARWY and Jassyo06
the irony is that it’s quite an old colour too isn’t it ... how long would you say it’s been out ?

Are we saying the old ones are the best ... like jokes lol :)
Daytona was an exclusive paint as was Sepang 2012/13 when it became a standard optional paint

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
I’ve been offered a test drive In a sportback In one of my local dealers, They’re adamant this is a demo car and will not be sold.

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Is that the "standard" Daytona though or some special version of it? I considered the colour myself this week but when the salesman took me outside to see his Daytona A3 it looked nothing like that!

TX.

It’s a special RS version

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Terminator x
Anyone done any car wrapping. (No not Christmas wrapping)
Just had mad idea I might apply some gloss black to the chrome effect bits on the front. 2side blades. The lower chrome bar would be trickier but that bit i think is ok

Reactions: Daggerit and Snake Pliskin
All this talk of Daytona, lights, smoke and mirrors, well in my eyes it is a fantastic colour.
This was my car May 18 when the Great Paul Dalton did a new car detail on it.
And here we are Dec 21 and it still looks as good.

Reactions: Jcbmally, 3vans, RS03??? and 2 others
Just had mad idea I might apply some gloss black to the chrome effect bits on the front. 2side blades. The lower chrome bar would be trickier but that bit i think is ok

I’ve not done much personally, but I imagine a professional would be able to do those bits for you no problem.

Reactions: AndyVWR and NevMan
I’ve not done much personally, but I imagine a professional would be able to do those bits for you no problem.

^^This. Wouldn’t even contemplate it

Reactions: AndyVWR and Daggerit
It's matt aluminium not chrome on the RS3 8Y it always has been only the S3 gets the chrome grille surround l actually love the matt aluminium trim...of what's left of it on the 8y gone are the days where you spec further aluminium trim

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-081014_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-081014_Chrome.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 50
I think the carbon/Vorsprung do look better with those 'blades' black so theyre not visible, after seeing a std car you need to look twice at the others to see them at all

Reactions: AndyVWR
34546BD5 6785 40F1 9E0A 2979736C9023
:blink:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: Jcbmally, billymc92, Snake Pliskin and 4 others
Wait… 5,000 miles on it and they’re asking for £80k?! Audi should drop them as a franchise for pulling that kind of stunt.

Apparently they are listing them at silly high prices to help keep them as demo cars and stop people buying them......................so I was told :)

Reactions: Daggerit
Wait… 5,000 miles on it and they’re asking for £80k?! Audi should drop them as a franchise for pulling that kind of stunt.

It'll have done far less than 5k miles right now they just cap the mileage on such demos as this...bargain bargain...they'll be queuing out the door for it...

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally
Apparently they are listing them at silly high prices to help keep them as demo cars and stop people buying them......................so I was told :)

Of course they are…

Reactions: Mike.46 and 3vans
It'll have done far less than 5k miles right now they just cap the mileage on such demos as this...bargain bargain...they'll be queuing out the door for it...

That doesn’t make the price any more reasonable!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Status
Not open for further replies.