Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they are listing them at silly high prices to help keep them as demo cars and stop people buying them......................so I was told :)

I'm staggered Audi are even allowing this to happen.
It's one thing a private punter buying a car and trying to flip it but a main Dealer grossly inflating over list is not a good advertisement for that Dealer.
I don't believe their explanation for the high price - all they need to say is: the car is not for sale, it is demo only.

Reactions: Waq1, Mike.46, 3vans and 1 other person
I'm staggered Audi are even allowing this to happen.
It's one thing a private punter buying a car and trying to flip it but a main Dealer grossly inflating over list is not a good advertisement for that Dealer.
I don't believe their explanation for the high price - all they need to say is: the car is not for sale, it is demo only.
I don’t believe them either. Also registered 01/12/21 but 5000 miles on it ??

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
This has only just came in, it’s the one I’ve been offered a test drive on the weekend, They’re adamant it’s not for sale so must be sticking this high price up to prevent it from selling and the high mileage must be due to it being a demo, an estimate for when they sell it in March.

Reactions: Mike.46
It's matt aluminium not chrome on the RS3 8Y it always has been only the S3 gets the chrome grille surround l actually love the matt aluminium trim...of what's left of it on the 8y gone are the days where you spec further aluminium trim
My lord..... a thousand apologies... I shall never confuse matt aluminium trim again with chrome...

I am not a fan of the matt aluminium trim but as they had reduced it for the 8Y version, I thought I could live with it. I am glad you can't spec any further bits.
It really isn't too much trim, but had just thought it would be a non-controversial mod, but will assess the side blades next time I see a 8Y RS3 and decide if they need to go.

Thanks @Daggerit @NevMan for suggesting a trip to a professional is the best way to go.

@Mike.46 Yes, i agree with the black trim versions, you really need to look to see that same piece of trim in black.

Reactions: Mike.46 and Daggerit
My lord..... a thousand apologies... I shall never confuse matt aluminium trim again with chrome...

I am not a fan of the matt aluminium trim but as they had reduced it for the 8Y version, I thought I could live with it. I am glad you can't spec any further bits.
It really isn't too much trim, but had just thought it would be a non-controversial mod, but will assess the side blades next time I see a 8Y RS3 and decide if they need to go.

Thanks @Daggerit @NevMan for suggesting a trip to a professional is the best way to go.

@Mike.46 Yes, i agree with the black trim versions, you really need to look to see that same piece of trim in black.
Chrome? matt aluminium?....l was just giving you an insight into the differences...to my eyes aluminium trim looks far nicer than chrome l would never have chrome on a modern car either but aluminium finishes yes l would

Reactions: Rs31981 and Snake Pliskin
Chrome? matt aluminium?....l was just giving you an insight into the differences...to my eyes aluminium trim looks far nicer than chrome l would never have chrome on a modern car either but aluminium finishes yes l would
The only area I take exception to it is the cappings around the windows.
Done tastefully it can look good on other areas of the car, but the window surrounds have to be black for me.
the nogaro TT is an example of what can look really good IMO:

Reactions: Jassyo06
For what it is worth!

TX.
19ef670b7916e09d0615dce345cea5fc.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, RS03??? and 3 others

Certain people seem to love chrome bling on cars.
I’m sure you can imagine the type of owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
For what it is worth!

TX.
19ef670b7916e09d0615dce345cea5fc.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
What email address did that come from? I feel like I had that email too but can’t find it so maybe I didn’t although I’d hope by now I would have!

What email address did that come from? I feel like I had that email too but can’t find it so maybe I didn’t although I’d hope by now I would have!
I got the same email 2 months ago as did most others

Reactions: 8YARWY
I
I got the same email 2 months ago as did most others
I must be the only one that didn’t get that email! Asked salesman for an update……there is no update sir

I

I must be the only one that didn’t get that email! Asked salesman for an update……there is no update sir

l ain't expecting movement on my order til say.... May/June mate to be honest

Reactions: 5pot and 8YARWY
Nope no email, maybe I deleted it. Never mind I know the order exists as Audi customer service uselessly told me many times no updates!

Lol I’d pee myself if you got it before spinstorm. imagine the videos he would make on the subject.

Or even worse for @Spinstorm someone like yerself with a abnormal order getting it before em...lol

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
The only area I take exception to it is the cappings around the windows.
Done tastefully it can look good on other areas of the car, but the window surrounds have to be black for me.
the nogaro TT is an example of what can look really good IMO:

View attachment 246848 View attachment 246849
The TT would not suit alu trim around the windys lol the RS3 saloon does just my opinion each to their own as they say and if l really wanted black surrounds l would order a car that has them.....it's 2/3 folks on the S3 section get them wrapped.... l would have went for alu trim if the RS3 option list was like it is Europe ie stand alone options the matt alu mirrors just look special compared to all others available black/carbon had both....

Some chat I had with my dealer today. So same as anyone else the contact and information is minimal, he’s never even told me about them dropping the 360 camera yet. So about 2 weeks I basically phoned and went raj as I had emailed him and in around 6 weeks had not heard, kept getting told he was on annual leave, then I phoned one day and asked to be in touch with someone else as he is useless and not getting back in touch and it must have got back to him and he came on phone to me and said how that was his first day back after annual leave and he was just about to phone me, anyway found out my build week for my vorsprung was 20 which we where both ****** about but he said it’s fine it will get brought forward a couple months as it always does and he was going to contact Audi uk and say I ordered on day one and should be getting it a lot sooner than that and how he was going to CC me in the email so I knew he wasn’t talking ****, believe it or not, now 2 weeks on and hadn’t heard anything again so phoned this morning for a update and got the same thing, oh I was just about to call you as just heard a update, aw it’s changed to build week 22 but don’t worry it should come back to 20, emm 20 is ****, you said it would come forward

here’s where it gets interesting, he said he’s been told that anyone with orders they need to ask what they do for a living and if they think anyone is flipping a car they won’t get it haha, doesn’t make sense when graves have 5+ orders to sell on ect.

also tried to blow the smoke how it’s illegal for dealers to sell launch editions without having another car to replace it and these dealers that are doing it lose there “Audi rings” and are no longer be aloud to sell RS cars. These garages that have them for sale for £70k will not be letting them get them till they have a replacement RS3. The amount of ***** I hear is crazy. Then started asking me questions about my job then just digging for information on it like he was interested, more like trying to see if it sounded believable and that I knew what I was talking about.
I have asked Audi UK where is my car and all they did was refer me back to the dealer they said a £500 reduction in price in place of the 360 camera!

Nope no email, maybe I deleted it. Never mind I know the order exists as Audi customer service uselessly told me many times no updates!
They can't tell ye your cars built if it ain't @Spinstorm we are all in the same situation mate waiting......get use to it.....or are you one these punters relying on high residuals of their current car...so they can get comfortably into a RS3? If so that's a gamble/risk you take

Reactions: NevMan
Lol bargain
d32d1df0f623bd33e2f92fae402c8d33.png

The TT would not suit alu trim around the windys lol the RS3 saloon does just my opinion each to their own as they say and if l really wanted black surrounds l would order a car that has them.....it's 2/3 folks on the S3 section get them wrapped.... l would have went for alu trim if the RS3 option list was like it is Europe ie stand alone options the matt alu mirrors just look special compared to all others available black/carbon had both....

yeah I like the alu mirrors and had those on my TTS. I’ve not had carbon so looking forward to that

Carbon fibre wingers finished in the twill design are great if you've got other carbon bits to along with it like you will have...it's just a pity Audi have fitted faux carbon on the dash.....

Sorry @jassyo06 i was just being lazy.
it’s the Matt aluminium trim which I was referring to on front winglets
The 8y is certainly more restrained which I see as a good thing (other opinions are available). As I have no intention of doing any mods to my car, it was just me thinking that for the size of surface and different look, it was something I could think about getting done.
I have a little chrome and Matt aluminium on golf R and it’s never crossed my mind to do anything with it.
I can just see how I find the 8Y

Sorry @jassyo06 i was just being lazy.
it’s the Matt aluminium trim which I was referring to on front winglets
The 8y is certainly more restrained which I see as a good thing (other opinions are available). As I have no intention of doing any mods to my car, it was just me thinking that for the size of surface and different look, it was something I could think about getting done.
I have a little chrome and Matt aluminium on golf R and it’s never crossed my mind to do anything with it.
I can just see how I find the 8Y
l had the same mindset as yourself hating anything chrome on a car lol until l saw one for myself and l was honestly impressed by it as it looks so classy the finish...go see one if you can....then decide...l personally think there's too much black going on with the front of the car....high gloss black plastic is very difficult to maintain especially on the lower parts of the car....l am defo getting my car ppf'd at the front....that mahoosive front grill is a magnet for stone chips mate

Reactions: Waq1 and Snake Pliskin
l had the same mindset as yourself hating anything chrome on a car lol until l saw one for myself and l was honestly impressed by it as it looks so classy the finish...go see one if you can....then decide...l personally think there's too much black going on with the front of the car....high gloss black plastic is very difficult to maintain especially on the lower parts of the car....l am defo getting my car ppf'd at the front....that mahoosive front grill is a magnet for stone chips mate

I thought on my PFL it suited it.
dc20a6c21d549ef9d47cf4076e7cbb88.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, FBF01 and Snake Pliskin
Went to see a turbo blue launch edition today and it looks and sounds good! The steering wheel looks massive in the pictures for some reason but it’s perfect to be honest!
The salesman got his laptop and showed me all the orders they have 2 of which are exclusive - solar orange and velvet purple. Their carbon black demo in kylami green is awaiting to ship and he thinks it’ll land end of next month

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and billymc92
I have seen a few 8Y RS3 incl my local dealer that has one in Tango Red.
I looked at it and thought I like it and the matt aluminium trim is low key not to offend me. It was just after I was looking at red saloon on Autotrader I suddenly thought, oh I could wrap those if they wind me up,
I think the gloss black may last better than the matt black on some other cars, but I’ll have to watch the front, thanks for the warning

Went to see a turbo blue launch edition today and it looks and sounds good! The steering wheel looks massive in the pictures for some reason but it’s perfect to be honest!
The salesman got his laptop and showed me all the orders they have 2 of which are exclusive - solar orange and velvet purple. Their carbon black demo in kylami green is awaiting to ship and he thinks it’ll land end of next month

still staggered we haven’t seen one single carbon car - not even a publicity one from Audi.

Reactions: Jassyo06, 5pot and Mike.46
blacks does work really well ... just the upkeep
I had a black R8, looked great after a wash/glaze and polish..........................but ony for about 3 hours if left outside, by then it had a film of 'dust/c*ap' all over it and looked a mess again
DSCF0461

still staggered we haven’t seen one single carbon car - not even a publicity one from Audi.
I don’t think ze Germans like carbon bits as all the 8y rs3 for sale over there don’t have them

I don’t think ze Germans like carbon bits as all the 8y rs3 for sale over there don’t have them

I think it’s more the sequence of build - launch edition & Frankenstein first and then onto Carbons.

I think it’s more the sequence of build - launch edition & Frankenstein first and then onto Carbons.
Germans don’t have trim levels like us so they can spec them however they want.

Germans don’t have trim levels like us so they can spec them however they want.
They could still be planning build of any cars with carbon bits at the same time .... maybe

Reactions: 5pot
Status
Not open for further replies.