Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys get the automated update e-mails?
Mine was from my dealer mate.
00E45503 6843 4D10 B267 7660D7BBA708

Got a VIN number too today which confirms it’s definitely real

Reactions: abmat, 3vans, Rs31981 and 5 others
Got a VIN number too today which confirms it’s definitely real
Yes same here, I've put it in the My Audi app and it's showing the car, full spec and options etc.

Reactions: Jcbmally, jacobc673, abmat and 3 others
Was just yapping to someone who ordered a carbon from the same dealer a week earlier than me and there's is built and mines 3 months before its due

Reactions: Mike.46
I think I order tomorrow and see if new price people get faster builds dates haha

• Haha
Reactions: Rhurs
Yes same here, I've put it in the My Audi app and it's showing the car, full spec and options etc.

ive just checked on my options in the app and it’s saying power operated tailgate ... wonder if that’s a glitch or if it’s been fitted ? Everything else looks accurate

Reactions: Jcbmally
Nope, FA like that, I normally email my dealer when I see people on here have had updates from their dealers

Apparently the dealer has to add you to the system that sends out the automated update e-mails, though judging by what I've read they tend not to unless you ask them specifically.

Reactions: Waq1 and Mike.46
Apparently the dealer has to add you to the system that sends out the automated update e-mails, though judging by what I've read they tend not to unless you ask them specifically.
Interesting, thank you :)

Reactions: bigtasty
Was just yapping to someone who ordered a carbon from the same dealer a week earlier than me and there's is built and mines 3 months before its due

It happens. There people with LEs built the week after mine who have taken delivery of their car but mine isn’t due for collection until jan. I don’t get why their cars skipped the queue, but it’s happened.

Reactions: Rhurs
ive just checked on my options in the app and it’s saying power operated tailgate ... wonder if that’s a glitch or if it’s been fitted ? Everything else looks accurate
Bonus if it is, but is yours the saloon so would say "boot" ? :shrug: Anyhoo, I wouldn't be bothered about that, id just want the car real bad now its closer mate.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Glitch l know Audi don't know their Ar$e from their elbow at the moment but they'll not give away something for nothing ....besides ya wain you'll soon find oot soon ..then you can post photos of your grit laden new pride and joy on here ....Dayton Road grit grey lol....

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
Got this email today. Only ordered about 3 weeks ago. Surely it’s not being built now?

Attachments

• BC4C88F6-5100-4505-B4C7-8F1C82DB2D6D.png
    BC4C88F6-5100-4505-B4C7-8F1C82DB2D6D.png
    515.3 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
Got this email today. Only ordered about 3 weeks ago. Surely it’s not being built now?
As Bruce Willis would say "welcome to the party pal". Generic email to all / most people who ordered apparently.

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and Eagle00
Interesting that if you look through all the cars for sale the are all either Launch or Frankenstein builds

I believe mine will go to Grimsby.
Mediterranean Highway is still in Emden, with no updates, but a smaller vehicle transporter, EMS Highway also arrived there later yesterday from Halmstad, Sweden, which is scheduled to arrive in Grimsby tomorrow afternoon.

Maybe it's a Christmas miracle :christmastree: lol
As Bruce Willis would say "welcome to the party pal". Generic email to all / most people who ordered apparently.

TX.
The email we all got just said Preparation, this one says in build. Only way to find out is call the dealer :shrug:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin, Eagle00 and 1 other person
Interesting that if you look through all the cars for sale the are all either Launch or Frankenstein builds
That's because those are the only cars that have arrived so far? I don't think there's been a single car that's arrived which is a customer order.

Reactions: Rs31981 and Snake Pliskin
May be the model version you have ordered. Suspect Standard and Carbon build will be on top of the queue for builds. Not unless, factory is building orders on alphabetic order of the dealership.
ps. Its a true "Toya Wilcox".

May be the model version you have ordered. Suspect Standard and Carbon build will be on top of the queue for builds. Not unless, factory is building orders on alphabetic order of the dealership.
ps. Its a true "Toya Wilcox".
It's a Vorsprung Saloon

Reactions: Jassyo06
Bonus if it is, but is yours the saloon so would say "boot" ? :shrug: Anyhoo, I wouldn't be bothered about that, id just want the car real bad now its closer mate.
Glitch l know Audi don't know their Ar$e from their elbow at the moment but they'll not give away something for nothing ....besides ya wain you'll soon find oot soon ..then you can post photos of your grit laden new pride and joy on here ....Dayton Road grit grey lol....

grit laden ... lol :tearsofjoy:
I’ve managed to get every car I’ve owned through winters so I’m sure this one will manage too ;)

so does the saloon vorsprung get a powered ‘boot’ or is it just the sportback which gets a powered tailgate ?

I can’t see any videos on line of a vorsprung S3 saloon with a powered boot so just wondering now

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
I’ve managed to get every car I’ve owned through winters so I’m sure this one will manage too ;)

so does the saloon vorsprung get a powered ‘boot’ or is it just the sportback which gets a powered tailgate ?

I can’t see any videos on line of a vorsprung S3 saloon with a powered boot so just wondering now
**** knows what Vorsprung models have gadget wise l am only interested in paint colour sunroof and poor mpg lol if my car came in January for example the tyres would only touch the road as it came off the trailer then it I'd sit in the driveway till April fact

• Haha
Mediterranean Highway is still in Emden, with no updates, but a smaller vehicle transporter, EMS Highway also arrived there later yesterday from Halmstad, Sweden, which is scheduled to arrive in Grimsby tomorrow afternoon.
There’s a ship left on its way to Tyne

here’s hoping

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mike.46 and Jassyo06
Seemingly if you don't have a VIN the car isn't built. So if you've been given a vin there's a chance it's at the port of exit and waiting on a ship.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
I think all the saloons have a 'powered boot' and all that this means is that you can open it via the key, and there's a boot open button in the door (the actual boot is still spring loaded and has to be closed manually). I've heard that there is also a foot sensor but can't confirm this.

I think all the saloons have a 'powered boot' and all that this means is that you can open it via the key, and there's a boot open button in the door (the actual boot is still spring loaded and has to be closed manually). I've heard that there is also a foot sensor but can't confirm this.
They all have a auto release via fob and button on door card Vorsprung models have the leg waver...release lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and bigtasty

There's no Vorsprung videos online as the model is designated only to the UK market...?

Just had an email from dealer to say it’s still at week 5. Based on this it’s looking like an 8month wait same as my current 8V. Was a nice touch to get a merry Christmas etc with the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rs31981
Status
Not open for further replies.