Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm exactly my spec, wonder why mine is taking so long or have I been pushed back for the likes of these tory sleaze idiots making easy £

Reactions: Mike.46
1a5cec36ca718e8c16bb743511e4eef4.png

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Lol love his reasoning in the comments.

He’s using there’s loads for sale on AT at inflated ‘market’ prices…..yeah but they aren’t selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do wonder how many people will NOT be buying an RS3 because of the limited options?

For me looking at the models Audi UK have cobbled up:

I didnt like the silver window and other trims or the design of the silver wheels (although they look 'better' with Turbo blue)
I dont want a roof spoiler that looks added on after wards (so thats the carbon version out of the equation)
I dont really like the Graphic design wheels

So I was spoilt for choice between the design and specification with the least negative points

If I could have ordered one I would have gone for a Launch edition, except the greedy dealers have sold most of those to their mates, it's still leaving a bad taste with me, whether it's enough for me to tell Audi to stuff their car I am still blowing very hot and cold

I suspect Audi don’t and wouldn’t care.

Sold so many and can’t build them quick enough you cancelling yours would be meaningless to everyone, potentially even your dealer as they may be able to bump someone else up the queue if you cancelled…

The spec issues is likely only going to impact repeat custom or forum goers as most would have decided they want an rs3 and the options aren’t that big a deal… funny how when I first ordered I was glad the interior pack wasn’t available as it looks tacky but I’ve been brainwashed into actually quite liking it now!!

Also, I most certainly am not my local dealers mate and I am sure they will be glad once my LE has been delivered and I leave them alone… wonder if I will get an update on Friday like I was promised, or if I will have to chase them

Reactions: RS03??? and Waq1

Sold so many and can’t build them quick enough you cancelling yours would be meaningless to everyone, potentially even your dealer as they may be able to bump someone else up the queue if you cancelled…

The spec issues is likely only going to impact repeat custom or forum goers as most would have decided they want an rs3 and the options aren’t that big a deal… funny how when I first ordered I was glad the interior pack wasn’t available as it looks tacky but I’ve been brainwashed into actually quite liking it now!!

Also, I most certainly am not my local dealers mate and I am sure they will be glad once my LE has been delivered and I leave them alone… wonder if I will get an update on Friday like I was promised, or if I will have to chase them
Interior design pack on the 8Y aint tacky .....as you'll slowly come to realize through time.....

It is all down to personal choice, love something or hate it, we should all respect some else choices.
What's tacky and naff to one may not be to another.
Some of you chaps should keep that in mind sometimes when posting replies.

Have a good one chaps.

Reactions: kg_rs3, kayemill, Waq1 and 3 others
It is all down to personal choice, love something or hate it, we should all respect some else choices.

Have a good one chaps.

Do we really need this post? Is it really that bad the comments? I must be missing something

Reactions: Keano04
I'm not being picky, far from it chap.
This thread is 144 pages long and only a handful are relevant to original members post.
In between that is everything else from baiting other members to oneupmanship over their specific cars.
Hey, I'm as up for a free and easy thread and forum as possible but sometimes it just turns sour and this thread just seems to be going that way one way or another.

I have numerous mates that have new S3's and RS3 's, they won't come near ASN let alone the RS relevant S/RS sections, they just don't feel it's worth the hassle from some of the members that reply.
Clearly, it's not a good image for ASN is it, i'd like to get more new owners involved in the club across all forums and if that means having a polite word in forums then that's what i need to do.
I'm not laying down the law, far from it, just asking that members keep it in mind that what they write will and can be interpreted in different ways, which may drive new members away from joining and participating in things, albeit light-hearted banter within thread etc or more specific help etc.
I'm not singling out this specific forum, I watch all forums but recently this forum has been the source of a lot of complaints so let's put that aside please.

I'd love a new RS3 , so would a lot but can't so keep it under control chaps.

Winge over.

Reactions: Jcbmally, RS03???, Stu-27 and 2 others
Tested negative yesterday thankfully so took the car for a little mooch to a car meet. Pulled in and no joke every single person had their head turned staring at the car. Parked up out of the way and next thing I’m surrounded by 50+ people all amazed and asking questions loving the car. Felt like a local celeb! Haha :laughing: :laughing:

Reactions: Jcbmally, 3vans, RS03??? and 4 others
Tested negative yesterday thankfully so took the car for a little mooch to a car meet. Pulled in and no joke every single person had their head turned staring at the car. Parked up out of the way and next thing I’m surrounded by 50+ people all amazed and asking questions loving the car. Felt like a local celeb! Haha :laughing: :laughing:
We need far more pics of this beast man. Only Kyalami customer car we know of and your insta is lacking too lol

Reactions: Jcbmally and Alexlfc17

Local car meet or the local maccy d's car park?

Reactions: FBF01

I just get a little tired when I see pics like the one I posted of the seat bolster on a new car in showroom, that means I have to get in and out like I did in my last 4 Audi's, kinda hand on sill and lift **** over seat bolster, then the graphic wheels start nagging me and to be perfectly honest my last 4 Audi's (2008TTS, 2010TTRS, 2008 R8V8, 2013 R8V10) all spent longer in the Audi workshops than I care to think about and then the lack of any colour pack, even white/off white stitching would do something better than the offering we have, it's just not that special inside ?

I'm not being picky, far from it chap.
This thread is 144 pages long and only a handful are relevant to original members post.
In between that is everything else from baiting other members to oneupmanship over their specific cars.
Hey, I'm as up for a free and easy thread and forum as possible but sometimes it just turns sour and this thread just seems to be going that way one way or another.

I have numerous mates that have new S3's and RS3 's, they won't come near ASN let alone the RS relevant S/RS sections, they just don't feel it's worth the hassle from some of the members that reply.
Clearly, it's not a good image for ASN is it, i'd like to get more new owners involved in the club across all forums and if that means having a polite word in forums then that's what i need to do.
I'm not laying down the law, far from it, just asking that members keep it in mind that what they write will and can be interpreted in different ways, which may drive new members away from joining and participating in things, albeit light-hearted banter within thread etc or more specific help etc.
I'm not singling out this specific forum, I watch all forums but recently this forum has been the source of a lot of complaints so let's put that aside please.

I'd love a new RS3 , so would a lot but can't so keep it under control chaps.

Winge over.
On a few forums and honestly this one is pretty well behaved.
Banter nearly always stays on the correct side of the line for me.
Criticising others choices; colour,spec,etc will always wind a few up so yeh not always the best road to go down but on the whole it's pretty light hearted.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Keano04
The only cars that I have owned that made peoples heads turn and notice me (the car I guess!!) were an Audi R8 and a Jaguar E Type, even a Porsche never did that for me

Reactions: Alexlfc17
Interior design pack on the 8Y aint tacky .....as you'll slowly come to realize through time.....

Already happened

Just took 3 months of everyone moaning about it and I’ve come around to quite liking it too!!

Seat stitching and steering wheel line would be sufficient for me - although Vader wouldn’t be happy then

Reactions: NevMan and Mike.46

Have a good one chaps.

Was this in response to my post?!!?

I just get a little tired when I see pics like the one I posted of the seat bolster on a new car in showroom, that means I have to get in and out like I did in my last 4 Audi's, kinda hand on sill and lift **** over seat bolster, then the graphic wheels start nagging me and to be perfectly honest my last 4 Audi's (2008TTS, 2010TTRS, 2008 R8V8, 2013 R8V10) all spent longer in the Audi workshops than I care to think about and then the lack of any colour pack, even white/off white stitching would do something better than the offering we have, it's just not that special inside ?

Feel your pain mate tbh and agree with you it could do with a bit of jazzing up. Didn’t used to think that when I first started looking but have come around to it the more I look at it and compare with other a3s… you could maybe argue the interior design pack should have just been standard on the rs3 to help set it apart from other cars.

The problem i see is Audi just don’t care… they’ve got too used to doing whatever the money counters say they have to do

Reactions: Mike.46
The only cars that I have owned that made peoples heads turn and notice me (the car I guess!!) were an Audi R8 and a Jaguar E Type, even a Porsche never did that for me

Would have thought the kyalami green goes some way to getting attention and heads turning. Bet you would have got more interest in your porker if it was a “bright” colour

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
Status
Not open for further replies.