Traction control light

monkeyboy_marcus

Reaction score
New owner of 2016 8v (had 2012 8p from new) and just experienced a couple of odd situations where the traction control light has flickered on for a couple of seconds whilst not doing anything remotely interesting. Low speed, not cornering/aggressive etc. Anyone experienced this at all?

Only seen it when the wrong size tyres were on the front (had no choice as was in the highlands and had a blow out so limited options on what could go on!).

Maybe check the pressures are all correct as if both fronts or rears are majorly over or under it may be detecting an over/under rotation, but as it's not one side it won't trigger the TPMS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New owner of 2016 8v (had 2012 8p from new) and just experienced a couple of odd situations where the traction control light has flickered on for a couple of seconds whilst not doing anything remotely interesting. Low speed, not cornering/aggressive etc. Anyone experienced this at all?

i have experienced this behaviour a lot of times.

do you have bigger front tires?

regards

i have experienced this behaviour a lot of times.

do you have bigger front tires?

regards

Yep same here...nothing testimg at the time either but usually when tyres are cold and when cornering albeit hardly pushing....when I try to get the repeat flash I can't, so I guess it's a trait of the mk2...or just those darn Pirelli's!!

If you have the 255/235 combo it is pretty normal behaviour.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the front/rear tyres are the same, unlike the 8p, which was 235 front 235 rear. These are 235/35/19 Pirellis all around. Recently set up the tyre pressures gauge for 39 front 35 rear, which I think from emory was the recommended light load setting on the drivers door. had this before with the previous RS3 but only when the tyres were getting worn around the shoulders and pushing hard through corners.

Pretty sure the front/rear tyres are the same, unlike the 8p, which was 235 front 235 rear. These are 235/35/19 Pirellis all around. Recently set up the tyre pressures gauge for 39 front 35 rear, which I think from emory was the recommended light load setting on the drivers door. had this before with the previous RS3 but only when the tyres were getting worn around the shoulders and pushing hard through corners.
235 all round is standard 8v the 255f and 235r is the option which mine has and it does the TC "dance" when cold mainly and does not need much throttle to do it. The slightest iffy road surface get it going.

I have 255 fronts and don't get it at all! Perhaps not driving hard enough :dizzy:

Read elsewhere that excessive TC could mean haldex pump is on the way out?

TX.

I have 255 fronts and don't get it at all! Perhaps not driving hard enough :dizzy:

Read elsewhere that excessive TC could mean haldex pump is on the way out?

TX.
I turn TC off and the light stops as well then

Yeah I've had this a few times, I can't remember the exact scenarios but it was definitely not under much load and I doubt the wheels were genuinely losing traction.

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus