Trade in for RS3?

alijnclarke

Reaction score
So i've got a 10 month old hatch S3, and being curious i booked in a test drive of the RS3.. long story short I kinda want one.

My local dealers have offered to clear my finance (circa 5.5k negative equity) and give 2 grand off the list price of the RS.

Thoughts? Also they want £1,500 up front to secure the order.. when i ordered the S3 they only wanted £500 but that was a different dealer group.

Reactions: RYuill
Isn't the order book for UK now closed on the RS3 for this year?

What does that do to your monthly payments, if you don't mind me asking. As above, seems an extremely attractive offer and surprised they're offering such savings on a brand new model car.

It puts the monthlys up by 150, but I have specced 11k of options.

Yeah they're giving a good deal, they're pushing me for a decision before Friday. But I really want the buckets and they're not available yet... Hmm

Friend just ordered one at the weekend and I've heard nothing of books closed mono, where'd you hear that?

Isn't the order book for UK now closed on the RS3 for this year?
Yes, I got told that today; no more UK RHD slots available until 2016 unless dealers have unallocated slots, but they are in the process of reallocating any unfilled slots.

I was also told that there is a 4-6 week pause in production July/August while they retool.

Some of the RS3 demos I drove today (x3) were clearly precustomer production. Lots of carbon inlays, 2 different interior mirrors a MY15 mirror in one car and a MY16 in another.

I would take that offer straight away. I'm going in for a test drive today, I'm going to see if they can do something similar.

I would take that offer straight away. I'm going in for a test drive today, I'm going to see if they can do something similar.
Im going to see if they can wave the £1,500 order fee, just moved house so this month is a bit tight!!

Otherwise i'll probably go for it

Their RS3 has had the oil starvation issue fixed then?

Yes, I got told that today; no more UK RHD slots available until 2016 unless dealers have unallocated slots, but they are in the process of reallocating any unfilled slots.

I was also told that there is a 4-6 week pause in production July/August while they retool.

Some of the RS3 demos I drove today (x3) were clearly precustomer production. Lots of carbon inlays, 2 different interior mirrors a MY15 mirror in one car and a MY16 in another.
That's probably why they want a rush decision, guess they have a week already.

Not a clue, it seemed to work ok though!

If that is £7.5K off I'd be right round there with my bank card, that's an awesome deal on a new RS3!

The one at watford Audi has been fixed i test drove one yesterday after my test drive last week was cancelled due to that problem

Reactions: josedebardi
It's not exactly £7.5k off... the £5k negative equity is a notional figure that, really, Audi Finance are in control of... it depends on when they deem the interest as falling due against early repayment.

Reactions: The Challinor and ABYSS
It's not exactly £7.5k off... the £5k negative equity is a notional figure that, really, Audi Finance are in control of... it depends on when they deem the interest as falling due against early repayment.

And by selling a more expensive car with higher payments will make more interest of course.

What does that do to your monthly payments, if you don't mind me asking. As above, seems an extremely attractive offer and surprised they're offering such savings on a brand new model car.

Irrespective of car , dealerships have sales targets which they need to achieve. Pardon the expression but catch them at the right time of the month (or quarter) and you could land yourself a respectful discount. Our last four car purchases, all from new, have secured in excess of 10% discounts individually. I'm currently researching trading in Mrs kkp's car and albeit it isn't an Audi but discounts in the upper teens in not unheard of and varies month on month.

Reactions: T-800
Irrespective of car , dealerships have sales targets which they need to achieve. Pardon the expression but catch them at the right time of the month (or quarter) and you could land yourself a respectful discount. Our last four car purchases, all from new, have secured in excess of 10% discounts individually. I'm currently researching trading in Mrs kkp's car and albeit it isn't an Audi but discounts in the upper teens in not unheard of and varies month on month.

While that is true, it's far more about the make/model.
I could go and get 25% off an A6 today without trying, but getting more than 5% off and RS3 is next to impossible without some serious work and/or history with a dealership.
It's about knowing the market for what you are buying and setting a sensible target for that.

But knowing what discount you got is almost impossible when it's a trade in and a HP purchase.

All you know is the cost to change albeit they may lock your trade in at a value which is better than "anticipated" book price.

While that is true, it's far more about the make/model.
I could go and get 25% off an A6 today without trying, but getting more than 5% off and RS3 is next to impossible without some serious work and/or history with a dealership.
It's about knowing the market for what you are buying and setting a sensible target for that.

25% off an A6 is that all :blownose:

Reactions: T-800
I've managed to get a bit more of still...

Currently dealing with three different dealers all trying to get my business :racer:

Reactions: ACWKGYTO and T-800
I've managed to get a bit more of still...

Currently dealing with three different dealers all trying to get my business :racer:
Good for you......

There's no reason why you shouldn't get a decent discount..........

They are clearly out to shift lots of these, hence the big marketing campaign.

Not so easy to get an amazing deal when you actually want to buy one ! NOW !!!!!

I've tried getting discount on a rs3 with no joy but when I looked at a rs7 was offered a £16500 discount not that I could afford a rs7 to start with.

Reactions: GRE57Y