Traffic sign recognition Parameterisation

Any chance you can plug your dongle into the pc and read the details please mine didn’t work I think I know why but just need more info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can’t find a mini USB cable to connect it. I’ll let you know if I find one.

Just to confirm the Kufatec dongle worked perfectly on my Sept 2018 build car.

Couple of immediate observations, it has turned off the speed limit display on the map screen and when it does not have a speed limit to report it defaults to displaying the speed limit from the map data. We have a couple of roads near us that has recently changed speed limits, driving along Road A it correctly shows the new speed limit as 30, turning into Road B it momentarily displays 60, the old speed limit before seeing the new 40 speed limit and displaying that.

I have also installed High Beam Assist, but will need to wait until it is dark to how that performs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to confirm the Kufatec dongle worked perfectly on my Sept 2018 build car.

Couple of immediate observations, it has turned off the speed limit display on the map screen and when it does not have a speed limit to report it defaults to displaying the speed limit from the map data. We have a couple of roads near us that has recently changed speed limits, driving along Road A it correctly shows the new speed limit as 30, turning into Road B it momentarily displays 60, the old speed limit before seeing the new 40 speed limit and displaying that.

I have also installed High Beam Assist, but will need to wait until it is dark to how that performs

Can you plug your dongle in the pc and give me a read please

I will when I can get to a windows machine, the dongle tool does not work on a mac

Does it not come up as a usb storage dongle

Hope this is what you need

Upload 2020 3 8 9 34 36

Reactions: sarah1331
Apologies if this is a stupid question but once you have installed the USB can it be used on another vehicle? Or is it a one time thing? I was thinking of going halves with someone for one hence the question.

You could read the nxp chip first and write it once used

Sara any luck

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

Does it not come up as a usb storage dongle

Yes but the file (.etc) is not readible by any application I have. Same on the Windows machine. Only thing that would open the file was the Dongle-Tool from Kufatec

Hex editor would have done it

Thanks anyhow I appreciate all the help everyone gives

Hex editor would have done it

Thanks anyhow I appreciate all the help everyone gives

Did it work for your car yet.?

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

Sarah, I have managed to open the file. I am reluctant to post the full image here as it is clearly Kufatec proprietary information. Is there a particular register(s) you are looking for the value for, alternatively let me know your email address and I will email you the image

Any one local to South Yorkshire that can do required Parameterisation

I have fully coded but camera still needs Parameterisation

Willing to pay

Thank you

hi, what coding did you follow for the c8? I did it on my b9 A4, is it the same?

thanks.

Reactivating this old thread. I have been in touch with Kufatec over the weekend, I had hoped they could remotely resent the dongles I vbought from there for my old C8 so I could use them on my new C8. Short answer is no they can't (or won't!). More interesting though is that the traffic sign dongle does not orl on MY21 vehicles and they have no solution for it. Not sure what has changed but this applies not only to the A6/A7 but also to the Q7/Q8, e-Tron and VW Toureg. On e-Tron, it actiually applies to all car built after a date in November 2019. Wonder if this is due to Audi introducing the "shop" in the myAudi app and them wanting to sell upgrades like this. On my wife's Golf 8 I can buy Head Light Assist thorugh the onboard shop

Reactivating this old thread. I have been in touch with Kufatec over the weekend, I had hoped they could remotely resent the dongles I vbought from there for my old C8 so I could use them on my new C8. Short answer is no they can't (or won't!). More interesting though is that the traffic sign dongle does not orl on MY21 vehicles and they have no solution for it. Not sure what has changed but this applies not only to the A6/A7 but also to the Q7/Q8, e-Tron and VW Toureg. On e-Tron, it actiually applies to all car built after a date in November 2019. Wonder if this is due to Audi introducing the "shop" in the myAudi app and them wanting to sell upgrades like this. On my wife's Golf 8 I can buy Head Light Assist thorugh the onboard shop
I presume you left the bonnet open when doing the coding? All MLB based Audi's from MY19 onwards require the bonnet to be left open, otherwise the coding won't work.

I presume you left the bonnet open when doing the coding? All MLB based Audi's from MY19 onwards require the bonnet to be left open, otherwise the coding won't work.

I know about the bonnet requirement. It was Kufatec who told me that traffic sign recognition cannot be enabled on the 2021 models, confirmed on their website, and I cannot try the old dongle as it is linked to my previous car hence my initial request to them to see if they could reset it remotely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if Audi have stopped offering the TSR mod altogether, even if using the Audi dealer to do the mod? If so, this points to them wanting punters to order the TSR feature at the point of factory ordering the car.

But the only wany you can get it from the factory is the buy the Tour Pack at £1950. I am anticipating the "shop" option in My.Audi, but curently there is nothing available to purchase

But the only wany you can get it from the factory is the buy the Tour Pack at £1950. I am anticipating the "shop" option in My.Audi, but curently there is nothing available to purchase
Have you asked your nearest Audi dealer if they can do it? Dealers can (or did?) do the TSR upgrade, though they charged a hefty £350 to do this, hence why every man and his dog used a Kufatec dongle. It *might* be that the dealers are still offering the TSR upgrade.

I now have VCP and can offer this for everyone who comes to me for free (donations welcome)

I now have VCP and can offer this for everyone who comes to me for free (donations welcome)

That’s very generous. Where are you based.

(I would feel compelled to make a donation!)

Hi, can anyone advise if they’ve been able to get this working on a MY21 or newer with the digital cluster? I asked my dealer whilst it was in the garage today and they weren’t aware of it to get it enabled…a bit surprised to be honest…

The issue with 2021 A6s is that Audi has implemented an additional layer of security which locks out the ability to make some changes to vehicle settings including Traffic Sign Recognition. Dealers and other registered users who have access to the main VW systems can make the changes but no one else and dealers have never been inclined to make these sort of changes to cars in the past so doubt they will in the future. I suspect some of this is down to Audi introducing the Functions on demand option and wanting to get a slice of the business previously seen by Kufatec, but unfortunately for no there is nothing to buy there for the A6

Thanks for the reply elan2s.

I did see in my services through the myAudi app it does has traffic sign recognition there up to the end of the 3 years…as my car only got fixed yesterday for Audi connect as it was still in transport mode, will have to see if it’s pulled it down now as only linked my profile and car late last night… as you said the functions on demand has nothing in there to choose from.

Don't want to dash your hopes but I have just looked at my own Services on MyAudi and it claims I too have a 3 year licence for Traffic Sign Recognition and I unfortunately do not have the option. You need to purchase the Tour Pack, which includes Adaptive Cruise Control to get this feature. Also looking at the option on Audi.co.uk it makes no reference to it being time limited. Assume it is probably an error by Audi

Thanks for the reply elan2s.

I did see in my services through the myAudi app it does has traffic sign recognition there up to the end of the 3 years…as my car only got fixed yesterday for Audi connect as it was still in transport mode, will have to see if it’s pulled it down now as only linked my profile and car late last night… as you said the functions on demand has nothing in there to choose from.

Yes I can activate and have activated on 2021 a6 and Q5 the sfd is not there

Reactions: Mr_P87
The issue with 2021 A6s is that Audi has implemented an additional layer of security which locks out the ability to make some changes to vehicle settings including Traffic Sign Recognition. Dealers and other registered users who have access to the main VW systems can make the changes but no one else and dealers have never been inclined to make these sort of changes to cars in the past so doubt they will in the future. I suspect some of this is down to Audi introducing the Functions on demand option and wanting to get a slice of the business previously seen by Kufatec, but unfortunately for no there is nothing to buy there for the A6

Wrong completely sorry

Wrong completely sorry

Only going by what Kufatec and others have told me. If it is not the case begs the question why Kufatec will not supply dongles for 2021 cars and others have been unable to activate this with either OBD-11 or VCDS

OBDELEVEN and VCDS have never been able to activate it as they cannot load datasets kufatec will update there datasets eventually

VCP have the datasets so purchase VCP and you can do everything all the dongles can do

I have first hand experience with kufatec dongle and A6 2020 model took 2 dongles

A6 2021 2020 2019 2018 all same only

Q5 2021
A4 2020
is new model camera but dataset is released and working photo I send is 2021 Q5