Q5 Transmission/prop shaft vibration

Ashwood831

Reaction score
Evening all,
Noticed a small vibration from what feels to be the centre of the car when changing gear or just as the car starts moving.
it’s not continuous, but almost as if the prop shaft is vibrating just as the gear is engaged and power is being put back to the wheels.
When cursing the car is perfect, it’s only when you ease off and back on again. i have been under the car today and there is a bit of movement from the centre bearing and I can see a little bit of perishing to the rubber.
Am I right to think this has failed/failing or am I in the wrong area do you think?
Car is 2011 q5 2.0 tdi Quattro s-tronic.
Any help is appreciated, I did have a look through the search sections but couldn’t find the same issue…
Thanks!

sounds like either the flywheel is on its way out, or could be engine or gearbox mounts

sounds like either the flywheel is on its way out, or could be engine or gearbox mounts
Engine and gear box feel solid when I have tried to feel any play and there is no vibration when stationary. It only seems to be when the torque is reduced and then increased during gear changes.
how much movement should there be in the centre support bearing - I am thinking none?