Trip computer activation (FIS/DIS) on 2014+ cars

Fisiks

Reaction score
Hi all, have my a3 8v (2015 year) without trip computer information on FIS/DIS. Now it shows only distance on fuel in tank and current date. I've tried to activate additional information (fuel usage, digital speedometer and other features of trip computer) with following instructions, but nothing changed =(.

Does anyone have an idea how to activate it? Heard that need to flash it (or do something like that).

Instructions:

• STG 17 (Schalttafel) auswählen
  • STG Lange Codierung -> Funktion 07
  • Byte 1
  • Bit 2 aktivieren
(from: http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/audi-a3-8v/fis-freischalten.php)

p.s. I know that it's possible, because some people are selling fis/dis activation for +-50$

Thanks!
Alexander

Last edited:
Could you post an Auto-Scan of your module 17? Could you also detail what you have completed so far in order to try and get this working? A few things come to mind but would like to know the steps taken so far.

I have not seen a car without a full DIS as yet and it could well be that the module might need a FW update in order to have it working but I doubt it. Will investigate further but it might be that the guys charging $50 for the activation are doing so via VCP and not VCDS, as VCP has the ability to flash.