Trying to change the rear footwell lights

thomaslewis

Reaction score
Today my ring Audi lights for the rear doors arrived but have had trouble from the get go:

As soon as I removed the passenger side it became very apparent the cable is literally just long enough to reach the light inside, I can just about reach it with my finger so I’ve just had to put the old light back in unlit.

I don’t really want to have to take the door card off but I don’t really have much of a choice at this point, is there an extension cable that can be purchased for this? Am I just going to have to take it into the dealer and say “my puddle light isn’t working” so they plug it back in

Anyone else had this issue?

Yep. I used an Allen key. I couldn't get my finger behind the plug and wires so I put a big Allen key up first and placed it behind the plug and then pushed the light home. It worked on both back doors the wire is way too short.

Hans, how can we save a few 10s of thousand euro ? Make za cable as short as possible Karl !

• Haha
Reactions: Ludus
Yeap its definitely become shorter over the years & chassis's, being a little bit of a cynic, I do wonder if audi made it shorter on purpose to stop us doing this very thing as its truly just an inch (said the actress to the bishop)

For anyone facing the same issue, I ordered these little extender cables about 10cm long, made it so much easier to plug them in?

The only difficult was fishing into the door to try and plug the cable in, but this is much easier than try to plug the puddle light in.

Reactions: MA3RC