Trying to understand service regimes

Resali

Reaction score
Hi all

I am trying to understand the service regime that applies to my 68 reg Audi A3.

My Audi app says:-
  • Delivery inspection 17/11/18
  • Inspection with oil change (flexible) 29/01/21
So I take it this means the car is on the flexible service regime.

The MMI currently says:-
  • Next oil change in 300 miles / 17 days
  • Next inspection in 10,600 miles / 382 days
The car has done 9,000 miles since 29/01/21.

I have 3 questions:-
  1. Is the oil change exactly that or is it -what I would call- a small service with oil change? (I intend to support my local independent garage, so I would like to know what I should ask for.)
  2. 382 days takes us to 29/01/23 which is 2 years from the inspection with oil change in 2021. This is in line with both the flexible service regime and the fixed service regime. However, does the fact that the oil change alert is pinging after 1 year and 9,300 miles mean that the car is actually on the fixed regime?
  3. I do 9,000 to 10,000 miles a year, (mainly town, A roads, some motorway journeys, roundtrip to Audi-Land (Germany) twice a year), so what service regime would be best for my car?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi all

I am trying to understand the service regime that applies to my 68 reg Audi A3.

My Audi app says:-
  • Delivery inspection 17/11/18
  • Inspection with oil change (flexible) 29/01/21
So I take it this means the car is on the flexible service regime.

The MMI currently says:-
  • Next oil change in 300 miles / 17 days
  • Next inspection in 10,600 miles / 382 days
The car has done 9,000 miles since 29/01/21.

I have 3 questions:-
  1. Is the oil change exactly that or is it -what I would call- a small service with oil change? (I intend to support my local independent garage, so I would like to know what I should ask for.)
  2. 382 days takes us to 29/01/23 which is 2 years from the inspection with oil change in 2021. This is in line with both the flexible service regime and the fixed service regime. However, does the fact that the oil change alert is pinging after 1 year and 9,300 miles mean that the car is actually on the fixed regime?
  3. I do 9,000 to 10,000 miles a year, (mainly town, A roads, some motorway journeys, roundtrip to Audi-Land (Germany) twice a year), so what service regime would be best for my car?
Thanks in advance for your help.
fixed yearly servicing for mainly start stop journeys and town traffic , flexible for high mileage fast commutes.

Reactions: Resali
Service it every 12 months with an oil change and every two years do a major service and you won’t be far wrong if you are doing 10k a year.

Works for me. Dont believe all that flexible service mumbo jumbo.

Oil is the life blood of the car. Look after that and it will look after you.

Going 17 to 20k without changing the oil is a disaster waiting to happen late down the line in my opinion but that’s what Audi tell you to do.

Neighbour had a diesel golf and never serviced it from new. 40k later turbo went. Down to never changing the oil for me and he learned his lesson with a large bill as the engine picked up on the shells in the big end due to oil starvation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: traindweller and Resali
A3 service sheet

Audi UK servicing schedule is distorted by their marketing department incessant need to generate revenue. Above is the genuine service schedule for the A3 *** used in Europe in environmental conditions often far harsher than the UK's.

Reactions: Resali and Mikeso51