TT 3.2 DSG Test

djmotorsport

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.djmotorsport.com
I had a test drive on Saturday morning - The engine sounds fantastic (due to some sort of vairiable exhaust flap) and pulls really strongly from low revs - DSG works really well in all three modes (Auto, Auto Sport and Tiptronic) and is the best auto I've driven, but I'd still prefer a manual. The front end felt a bit heavier than my S3, but it didn't understeer at test speeds - It only had 70 miles on it! My wife loved it, so looks like there will be a TTR 225(2000 W) for sale in October (18k, FASH, Met Black, Comp Alloys/S03, Bose/changer)

DJ

No way it's a slush box! Changes are almost instant (dual clutches?) - let's call it a semi-automatic - the first of a new generation.

ScoTTY, any idea when the rag top will be announced?

DJ

Popped into Dundee Audi this afternoon.

They have a misano/silver leather 3.2 Quattro as a demo, but they won't be registering it until 1st Sept.

However, had a good look around it and blipped the throttle a few times. Sounds great, but you already knew that didn't you.

Although I've already ordered one, for March 04, I am getting to take it away for a day. I've got a weeks holiday next week, so I'll be swapping the 225 for a few hours.

Yeeehaaaa

"Ragtop" was announced at the same time so can be ordered. They will be available from November onwards.